Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Any Silvertide fans out there? They ROCK!!!!!

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-06, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't believe there isn't a thread on this amazing band. I heard them a month ago and eventually found out who they were. When I first heard them I thought it was a new Black Crowes CD. I've been looking for some new good music and these guys fill the bill.

The ENTIRE CD is filled with good rockin' music. Were talking the old school rock and roll like early Black Crowes. I can guarantee if you take a listen at Amazon your be sold. Here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...music&v=glance

Songs like Devils Daughter and Ain't Comin Home are a couple of my favs but check out the WHOLE CD as there isn't a stinker in the bunch. There is one song though where it sounds as if a studio exec came into the studio and told them to make a 'single' as it sounds like every other rock ballad these days. That's the only weird song in the bunch due to it not flowing with the rest of the CD. Don't get me wrong, the song sounds good but it is definately out of place.

If 4.5 out of 5 stars for 132 reviews on Amazon doesn't tell you something I don't know what will. And the funny thing is that the 'bad reviews' have NOTHING to do with the music but instead the copy protection the CD has. Hello people out there!!! It's not like the poor band had a choice in the matter. If you want to complain about copy protection go to the labels website and submit a formal complaint. Giving a negative review of a new struggling band on Amazon isn't going to help your cause.

Of course the copy protection can be circumvented by:

"i found a simple solution to all this though. when you first put the cd in the comp. hold down the shift key, this will keep the autorun from starting up the installation of the software. then the music will be listenable through your comp. and you can rip it to your mp3 player or whatever you feel like doing."

Thanks to scaryguy1991 on Amazon.

Run out and get it if you like to rock out like I do. This is a CD I can just crank in the car.

I normally don't post about new bands but this one deserves all of the recognition they can get. Can't wait for their 2nd CD.

C_Fletch

Last edited by C_Fletch; 01-26-06 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-26-06, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if you do, go out and see them live. they are an awsome band live, hell there was even a drum solo in the middle of their set.
also since i noticed your in tn, they are playing at a club in nashville on feb 7.

Last edited by Rypro 525; 01-26-06 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-26-06, 06:18 PM

This is a great new band...Any chance to see them should be taken...The last time I saw them they hung out with the fans after the show and I was able to get all their sigs and talked to the rhythm guitarist for around 10 minutes...Highly recommended.
Old 01-27-06, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I saw them open for Velvet Revolver like 2 years ago and I thought they were really awesome, picked up their album the day it was released... very Black Crowes-esque...just good old fashioned rock and roll that makes you stomp your feet, pump your fist and sing along. Show & Tell is definitely worth picking up and I'm looking forward to seeing what they do next.

MATT
Old 01-28-06, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Sorry guys, I heard more Darkness than I did Black Crowes.