Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Traveling Wilburys "Volume 1" & "Volume 3" with DVD due 06/12/07

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Traveling Wilburys "Volume 1" & "Volume 3" with DVD due 06/12/07

Old 01-07-07, 07:44 PM
Political Exile

It's anagram time!

http://www.anagramgenius.com/archive/thetra.html

The Traveling Wilburys: Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne and Roy Orbison

=

An angry jew / the Beatle /blond boy /sorry prat in ELO /stiff guy - in short very boring old men
Old 01-09-07, 05:00 AM

George Harrison remastered Volume 1 before he died so hopefully it will be out soon. Click Here

Traveling Wilburys tribute album out Jan. 30. No info on amazon.

Found a little info here. www.wilburys.info Scroll down.

STRUMMING WILBURY'S TRIBUTE ALBUM:
A Traveling Wilburys tribute album has made a teasingly cryptic appearance in several places around the net, with various sites claiming the artists involved include Mick Ronson, Cheap Trick, Steve Jones, Sean Lennon and Everclear. Amazon is giving the release date as 30th January 2007 and is accepting pre-orders here.

Last edited by Lone Wolf; 01-09-07 at 05:05 AM.
Old 03-20-07, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

From http://www.billboard.com
After being out of print for more than a decade, the two studio albums from all-star band the Traveling Wilburys will return to the marketplace in a variety of formats June 12 via Wilbury Records/Rhino, Billboard.com has learned.

"Traveling Wilburys Volume 1" and "Traveling Wilburys Volume 3" will be available together in one package with bonus tracks and a DVD of rare footage, as a deluxe linen-bound edition, a vinyl set and a digital bundle. The DVD boasts a 24-minute documentary and five music videos.

The Wilburys formed in 1988 after Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne and Roy Orbison assembled at a California studio to record a B-side for the Harrison single "This Is Love."

The resulting song, "Handle With Care," was instead released under the Wilburys name, with the artists posing as a band of brothers. It went on to reach No. 45 on the Billboard Hot 100, while the "Volume 1" album hit No. 3 on The Billboard 200. The reissued version of the album includes the previously unreleased tracks "Maxine" and "Like a Ship."

Orbison died in late 1988 before a second album could be completed; it was eventually released as "Volume 3" in 1990. The set is expanded here with the B-side "Runaway" and "Nobody's Child," which was released on a benefit album for Romanian orphans.
Old 03-20-07, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

that's great news! i cherish my old cd copy, but would gladly pay for something fancier.
Old 03-20-07, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by bigjim25
From http://www.billboard.com
After being out of print for more than a decade, the two studio albums from all-star band the Traveling Wilburys will return to the marketplace in a variety of formats June 12 via Wilbury Records/Rhino, Billboard.com has learned.

"Traveling Wilburys Volume 1" and "Traveling Wilburys Volume 3" will be available together in one package with bonus tracks and a DVD of rare footage, as a deluxe linen-bound edition, a vinyl set and a digital bundle. The DVD boasts a 24-minute documentary and five music videos.
Figures; I just "acquired" the first album last week. . .
Old 03-30-07, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I cannot wait for this. They were a one of a kind supergroup and I loved both albums
Old 03-30-07, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cyberleader
I've got one on vinyl, volume 2 I think
They never released a volume 2. After the death of Roy Orbison, for some reason--I forget why--they decided to release a volume 3 instead.
Old 03-31-07, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by calhoun07
They never released a volume 2. After the death of Roy Orbison, for some reason--I forget why--they decided to release a volume 3 instead.
They skipped ahead to Volume 3 in keeping with the "lightheartedness" that the band was all about. It was meant as kind of an in-joke, since the project was more or less a kind of fictional band anyway. It's why everyone had fake names ending with Wilbury.
Old 03-31-07, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought Volume 2 was poor so I never listened to Volume 3.

So they actually released a recording and called it "Volume 1"?
Old 04-01-07, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Heat
I thought Volume 2 was poor so I never listened to Volume 3.

So they actually released a recording and called it "Volume 1"?
Old 04-02-07, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by calhoun07
After Orbison died, the others claimed they would never release a Volume 2 without the big O - hence they released Vol. 3.

A bit like The Eagles and "Hell Freezes Over".
Old 04-02-07, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The Traveling Wilburys of Volume 1 were:

Nelson Wilbury - George Harrison
Otis Wilbury - Jeff Lynne
Lefty Wilbury - Roy Orbison
Charlie T. Jnr. - Tom Petty
Lucky Wilbury - Bob Dylan

The Traveling Wilburys of Volume 3 were:

Spike Wilbury - George Harrison
Clayton Wilbury - Jeff Lynne
Muddy Wilbury - Tom Petty
Boo Wilbury - Bob Dylan
Old 06-11-07, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So who's planning on picking this up in the AM? I'll be getting the basic version...don't need anything more than the CD's and the DVD. Really looking forward to it though!
Old 06-11-07, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm picking it up.. not in the AM, though. I'll probably get the deluxe version.
Old 06-12-07, 05:15 AM

This has been being advertised in almost every other commercial break on Talk Radio in the UK, Orbison's voice is stunning, i hadn't realised...
Old 06-12-07, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

any places offering a good price on this???
Old 06-12-07, 10:15 AM

picked it up this morning on the way to work - the little i heard from vol. 1 sounds great - apart from the singles, i don't think i've heard anything from this album in years. and the sound quality it top notch, the vocals superb and those guitars ring and chime away...must listen to more at lunch and enjoy those university flashbacks...friday afternoon, a lot of beer and wigamore barging into the room with a cassette - "have you guys heard this thing with dylan, and harrison, and tom petty, and roy f'ing orbinson"
Old 06-12-07, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just grabbed this (the standard version, not the deluxe limited box set) and it sounds great. I've been wanting to own these for a long time, so this package gets a big thumbs up from me. The girl at the counter asked me "What the hell is this? Almost every person today has bought this" so it should sell really well.
Old 06-12-07, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Hollowgen
any places offering a good price on this???
I know this isn't the most honest way to get the deluxe edition for a decent price but Best Buy has recently screwed me so I decided to get a little back.

Took the Circuit City flyer that has Wilburys for $17.99 and price matched it with the deluxe edition at BB. The covers of the deluxe and regular edition look the same. A manager had to approve the difference but nobody blinked an eye.

The deluxe edition is nice but I wouldn't have paid the 40 bucks that BB and others are asking for it. The only difference is a nice looking linen case with a hard-bound booklet that is half "The History of the Traveling Wilburys" and half "The True History of the Traveling Wiburys." Tons of photos in the booklet. It also has a small envelope with a few glossy photos, a TW sticker, and a jokey Certificate of Authenticity with mine being numbered 1116 out of who knows how many.

If anyone is interested, I can try to take a picture later and post it though that may be tomorrow.
Old 06-12-07, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

By the way...what's everyone's favorite Wilburys' song?

Mine is an obvious Jeff Lynne song from Volume 3 entitled "New Blue Moon".
Old 06-12-07, 06:21 PM
Banned by request

I picked up the special edition, and the front said it was individually numbered, but I can't find the numbering anywhere. Was that a misprint?
Old 06-12-07, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
I picked up the special edition, and the front said it was individually numbered, but I can't find the numbering anywhere. Was that a misprint?
It's on the Certificate of Authenticity.
Old 06-12-07, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I totally forgot that this was coming out today. I better go and find the special edition set tomorrow.
Old 06-12-07, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
"End of the Line" for me.
Old 06-12-07, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd

Mine is an obvious Jeff Lynne song from Volume 3 entitled "New Blue Moon".
tweeter and the monkey man

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.