Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

New Madonna: Confessions On A Dance Floor 11/05 [Part Deux]

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

New Madonna: Confessions On A Dance Floor 11/05 [Part Deux]

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-06, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YES!!! She did say that last night!!! It was great!!! The only main complaint is that the a/c in the venue was turned off!!! It was hotter than a mother fu**er!!! Dress lightly!!!

I did think she was more crowd friendly than she was on Re-Invention. This is one hell of a show.
Old 05-23-06, 08:37 AM
Banned

I'm waiting for a thread to pop up here about the crucifixion. I love how news agencies are just picking up on this TODAY. It's on the front page of our NY Post. I guess it's a slow news day.

I'm just, personally, worried about some religious nut buying a ticket and doing something stupid. They don't exactly have the best security at concerts. A lot of times, I don't even have to go through a wand.
Old 05-23-06, 08:51 AM

uh!!!!
it is SO difficult to not watch that video. i've promised myself i'm not watching any footage. i only have to wait 3 more weeks or so.

i have seen some pictures though and this tour looks great!
Old 05-23-06, 08:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AndyCleveland
uh!!!!
it is SO difficult to not watch that video. i've promised myself i'm not watching any footage. i only have to wait 3 more weeks or so.

i have seen some pictures though and this tour looks great!
I've already seen videos for Erotica, Music, Jump, Forbidden Love, Like A Virgin, Live to Tell, Get Together and Future Lovers. Looking good.

I don't think anything is going to be able to top Re-Invention for me but this definitely looks like a great time. I still have over a month to go.
Old 05-23-06, 05:02 PM

Ok- I couldn't wait.

Rapidshare link to download "Future Lovers/I Feel Love into Get Together" from the Front row of the floor.
Really nice quality.
I like when she trots down the runway.

Future Lovers
Old 05-23-06, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
will be leaving in about 2/2.5 hours. Will be going with my aunt, who bought me my ticket [which cost her $200+ each ]. First time seing "M" in concert. My aunt saw her twice in 2004.

Last edited by gerrythedon; 05-24-06 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05-23-06, 09:07 PM

The first part of the concert was the best, imo. Digital, I don't think it tops RIT, but it was really well done, and I think you will enjoy it. I'm so glad I went to opening night, now I can watch all the clips and not be spoiled :-) ... I thought her new version of "Like A Virgin" is great, and I never really cared for that song.
Old 05-23-06, 09:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BillSD
The first part of the concert was the best, imo. Digital, I don't think it tops RIT, but it was really well done, and I think you will enjoy it. I'm so glad I went to opening night, now I can watch all the clips and not be spoiled :-) ... I thought her new version of "Like A Virgin" is great, and I never really cared for that song.
I downloaded the MP3 of LAV and Jump. Good...not great. Plus it didn't really have an ending. Just kinda went into Jump. It never was one of my favs. LOVED the Blonde Ambition version though.

I was completely spoiled before Re-Invention which is partly why I loved it so much. I loved the arrangements of the "older" songs. It was the perfect mix of old and new. I LOVE the new album...but nothing will beat that tour for me.
Old 05-24-06, 04:28 PM
Banned

Rumor has it...

HBO sightings at the last two shows. Guessing they're going to be filming it.
Old 05-24-06, 08:31 PM

Here's another clip from youtube.com ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alfuy2tSeGk

The sound is terrible, but the video is great ... Contains clips from Jump, Get Together, Let It Will Be, Like It Or Not, Lucky Star, Hung Up,
Old 05-24-06, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
will be leaving in about 2/2.5 hours. Will be going with my aunt, who bought me my ticket [which cost her $200+ each ]. First time seing "M" in concert. My aunt saw her twice in 2004.
Energetic
Hot Ass Hell
Alot of G... well I didn't get HIT ON
Old 05-24-06, 09:29 PM
Banned

Energetic
Hot Ass Hell
Yeah. the press is making a big deal about her not wanting the AC on.

I'm wondering what the reasoning is. Is it for her vocal chords or because she wants it to seem like a big club?
Old 05-24-06, 09:45 PM

the heat in the Forum on Sunday night was almost unbearable. I heard a lot of people commenting on it when the show was over. My friend that went with me both commented to each other that we were dripping from the knees!! When we got in the car to head home, we CRANKED the a/c...
Old 05-24-06, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
Yeah. the press is making a big deal about her not wanting the AC on.

I'm wondering what the reasoning is. Is it for her vocal chords or because she wants it to seem like a big club?
yeah that's what I told my aunt.

and oh BTW, this was a responce to an earlier ? [from a long, long time ago] When U commented that if they were no more Straight Madonna Fans.
Old 05-24-06, 11:02 PM
Banned

and oh BTW, this was a responce to an earlier ? [from a long, long time ago] When U commented that if they were no more Straight Madonna Fans.
huh?
Old 05-25-06, 08:43 AM

Rumor has it...

HBO sightings at the last two shows. Guessing they're going to be filming it.
not to mention i have seen the SORRY video twice on hbo in the past day... if that's not a hint, i don't know what is!
Old 05-25-06, 08:46 AM
Banned

not to mention i have seen the SORRY video twice on hbo in the past day... if that's not a hint, i don't know what is!
Really? They show music videos???
Old 05-25-06, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

huh?
My bad let me explain. It was an attempt of my [stupid] humor.

Back when this thread was first started [before the album came out... part 1 of this thread]. Weren't U the one that mentioned something like, U didn't believe that there were any [non gay] Madonna fans left.

Anyway my Aunt & I were just having fun Tueday night just joking and stuff , 'cause of all the Gay people that we saw [since that was a first for me]... so that's why I put:

Alot of Gay people ... well I didn't get HIT ON
again just an attempt at humor.
Spoiler:
[Since correct me if I'm mistaken, but aren't U gay?]
I don't mean anything bad.

sorry back to topic. anyway now wished I woulda seen her in 2004. It was weird hearing all of her songs [pre Confessions album] as dance songs, especially my favorite Erotica.

Last edited by gerrythedon; 05-25-06 at 10:10 PM.
Old 05-26-06, 03:37 PM

Really? They show music videos???
i've never seen a music video EVER on hbo, which is why i was so shocked. they played it in between movies

im so excited for this tour. she is so close to the crowd
Old 05-26-06, 05:19 PM
Banned

i've never seen a music video EVER on hbo, which is why i was so shocked. they played it in between movies

im so excited for this tour. she is so close to the crowd
i talked to a friend of mine (who is going to 15 shows) and he told me that HBO has been showing a lot of music videos in between movies.

To add to that, though, I know people who have gone who are huge fans who are underwhelmed to say the least. I'm definitely looking forward to it...but there's no way in hell it's going to come close to Re-Invention for me.

Btw...EW gave it an A-.
Old 05-26-06, 08:22 PM

i talked to a friend of mine (who is going to 15 shows) and he told me that HBO has been showing a lot of music videos in between movies.

To add to that, though, I know people who have gone who are huge fans who are underwhelmed to say the least. I'm definitely looking forward to it...but there's no way in hell it's going to come close to Re-Invention for me.

Btw...EW gave it an A-.
yeah reinvention was great- i like the costumes this time around better than those cheesy army fatigues and irish kilts. The best part, like i said before, is how damn close she is with the crowd. Some of the fan pics are unbelievably close due to the runway coming out into the middle of the arena.

i am going to 6 to 8 shows (already bought tix for 4), so i hope im not let down. the setlist shows promise- almost ALL upbeat dance songs (with a few of my fave ballads- DW, LTT, P(NFM))
Old 05-27-06, 12:06 AM
Banned

Are you coming to NYC? Lemme know if ya are!
Old 05-27-06, 05:02 PM

Are you coming to NYC? Lemme know if ya are!
most likely.
if i do, it will be for the july 18/19 shows only (not the june shows). we will see how i feel after seeing her 4 times in 6 days (june 14,15,18,19)
Old 05-29-06, 02:58 PM
Banned

Andy, I'm thinking of getting rid of my ticket to the July 2nd show. Let me know if you (or anyone else) is interested. Other things are coming up and i'd rather put the money towards that.
Old 05-30-06, 09:14 AM
Banned

Ugh. This shit BETTER not be true. I don't need an edited show.

"Madonna may get the highest price ever paid for a TV concert special — $15 million from NBC, we hear — from her current "Confessions" tour. It remains to be seen whether the network would air her posed on a cross, moving provocatively on a "horse" or shouting profanities during an anti-Bush montage. Hubby Guy Ritchie's documentary on the tour would also air, and the diva should be getting a nice payday from H&M when she goes shopping there with her crew..."

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.