DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Queens of the Stone Age: Over the Years and Through the Woods [Live CD/DVD] 11/22/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/443492-queens-stone-age-over-years-through-woods-%5Blive-cd-dvd%5D-11-22-05-a.html)

auto 10-31-05 03:20 PM

Queens of the Stone Age: Over the Years and Through the Woods [Live CD/DVD] 11/22/05

Queens of the Stone Age Prep Live DVD/CD

Caroline Bermudez reports:
Lots of bands have recorded live sets in London: The Carpenters, Billy Ocean, and Kelly Osbourne to name an illustrious few. On November 22, Queens of the Stone Age will join the club with a DVD/CD package entitled Over the Years and Through the Woods.

Filmed during two night of performances at London's Brixton Academy back in August, the two-disc set includes rarities (like early track "The Bronze" and "The Fun Machine Took a Shit and Died", which was cut from Lullabies to Paralyze), songs from bandleader Josh Homme's side project the Desert Sessions ("I Wanna Make It Wit Chu" and "Covered in Punk's Blood"), behind the scenes footage, and interviews with the band.

In an interview with Rolling Stone, Homme said of "Fun Machine": "It sounds like a circus -- like you won stuff at a carnival. The tapes got lost. Actually, they were just at another studio, but we falsely accused everyone in the world of theft." If you were a member of Sonic Youth or the Brian Jonestown Massacre, you'd accuse everyone of theft, too.

Tracklist:

1 This Lullaby
2 Go With the Flow
3 Feel Good Hit of the Summer
4 The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret
5 Regular John
6 Song for the Deaf
7 Avon
8 Little Sister
9 You Can't Quit Me, Baby
10 I Wanna Make It Wit Chu
11 Monsters in the Parasol
12 The Fun Machine Took a Shit and Died
13 Mexicola
14 Burn the Witch
15 Covered in Punk's Blood
16 I Think I Lost My Headache
17 Song for the Dead
18 I Never Came
19 No One Knows
20 Long Slow Goodbye
21 The Bronze
22 Better Living Through Chemistry
23 Auto Pilot
24 Precious and Grace
25 First It Giveth
26 You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar, But I Feel Like a Millionaire
27 How to Handle a Rope
28 Quick and to the Pointless
29 God is in the Radio
30 Hanging Tree

Mano 10-31-05 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by auto
Queens of the Stone Age Prep Live DVD/CD

Caroline Bermudez reports:
Lots of bands have recorded live sets in London: The Carpenters, Billy Ocean, and Kelly Osbourne to name an illustrious few. On November 22, Queens of the Stone Age will join the club with a DVD/CD package entitled Over the Years and Through the Woods.

Ha ha that made me laugh thanks.

QOTSA is a great band, but I've never liked many live albums before so this doesn't do much for me.

auto 11-21-05 02:23 PM

Good review up at Pitchfork

Ozzy's Bat Head 11-23-05 02:34 AM

Tiv'ed this on DTV Freeview; This looks awesome! I need to get that desert sessions song, Make it wit chu, cool beans.

naitram 11-23-05 11:15 AM

Oooo a live version of The Bronze...like I needed more reasons to buy this.

Josh H 11-23-05 11:17 AM

I tivo'd it on DTV freeview as well, but haven't had time to check it you yet.

lcnickell 11-26-05 11:43 AM

wow i thought it was a joke.

the UK press kissed their butts for years, but finally had to admit thier new album was a joke..Homme fired everyone with any talent in the band, and what did he do, he released an album that was mainly a collection of stuff that was rejects from the previous album ( including the first single)

the best was reading Kerrangs review of the new album, Kerrang had named their previous 2 albums of the year , and with QOTSA's label buying the back cover to promote the new album in the issue in which it's reviewed. the headline is DOes the new QOTSA album suck? and then they proceed to give it their lowest rating and recommendation,

follow that up with qotsa giving a lackluster performance, and another low rating for thier live performance at the show CD/DVD was recorded at.

why would the band release a live version of a set, that their biggest supporters for years, say sucked?

auto 11-26-05 02:28 PM

I thought Lullabies was awesome.