Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

The Go! Team rocks!

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

The Go! Team rocks!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-05, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Go! Team rocks!

I just got back from their concert in Toronto....and man, I was bummed! There were serious sound mixing problems for 60% of the show, rendering fantastic songs like Panther Dash completely muddled and indistinct.

But when they finally fixed the sound, the show was off the roof! I haven't had so much fun and booty-shaking in a long time. The front audience is great, but the people and the back were so boring and stood like Chinese terra cotta soldiers - zzzzz.

The Go! Team's Thunder, Lightning, Strike is one of my favourite albums this year, and this show totally made me like them even more. I just wish they just redid the whole show after the fixed the sound problem God, when they played Bottle Rocket, it was just so awesome!!!
Old 10-31-05, 03:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A few years ago they weren't so great but Thunder Lightning Strike was one of my favorite records from last year so maybe when they have a strong record under their belts, they could be better.
Old 10-31-05, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I don't know if I'd enjoy seeing them live, but their new album is terrific. Reminds me a lot of the Avalanches.
Old 10-31-05, 10:29 AM

Just to clarify, The Go! Team are a band, as evident by their two drummers and three guitarists who also rotate to other instruments like the xylophone and keyboards...

And I like Thunder, Lightning, Strike better than Since I Left You
Old 10-31-05, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Who is the better jock jams for the college crowd: Fannypack or the Go! Team?
Old 11-01-05, 10:50 AM

Thunder... is one of those indie darlings that I personally don't "get." I listened to it several times and it has yet to click with me. There's some decent work on a few tracks, but for the most part, it feels like a bunch of rushed, unfinished ideas. And while I can appreciate their style, the "almost live" sound that the album has doesn't do the audio quality any favors.[nitpick]

With a similar idea, but thoroughly different execution, I thought the aforementioned Avalanches disc was far better. More power to everyone who digs it, though!
Old 11-01-05, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One of the numerous reasons I was out in Los Angeles two weeks ago was to see The Go! Team preformed live. After a fantastic write-up in Blender back in April, I decided to check them out and I've been a fan ever since.

When I saw them live, I actually thought the material they did live sounded better than on the actual album. It's too bad though that the crowd sucked.