Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

i-tunes and zen micro

Old 10-21-05, 12:03 PM

i-tunes and zen micro

I just bought a zen micro and I am loving it. It sounds great. I want to give i-tunes a try for purchasing some songs and download them to my micro---will it work? I just want to be able to purchase the songs and be able somehow to transfer them to my player. I know I may have to use i-tunes software for downloads--but I am not quite sure if it will play in my player since it is my understanding that i-tunes its for ipods (only). Any suggestions. Thanks very much.
Old 10-21-05, 12:04 PM
Retired

That player doesn't support the apple AAC format, so you'll have to convert it to mp3, which is a pain as it's a protected format.

There are two options.

1. Burn a regular audio cd of the tracks in iTunes, them re-import it as MP3s.
2. There are programs out their to strip the copy protection off the files and then convert them. I don't recall the names, and talking about such things is probably agaisnt forum rules, so just google.

The best option is just to try another service like Napster or MusicMatch that sells tracks in MP3 format and see if their selection has what you want.
Old 10-21-05, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
The best option is just to try another service like Napster or MusicMatch that sells tracks in MP3 format and see if their selection has what you want.
That's exactly right. I have a Creative Zen Touch and MusicMatch works perfectly and seamlessly with it. I highly recommend you try that route...
Old 10-21-05, 06:23 PM

thanks--I will definitely try that.