Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Tori Amos - Bootlegs - Opinions?

Old 10-11-05, 10:41 PM

Tori Amos - Bootlegs - Opinions?

Anyone else out there that have ordered and heard the Tori Amos bootleg series?

http://www.toribootlegs.com/

What are your opinions?

The shows released so far are:

Auditorium Theatre
Chicago, IL
4/15/05

Royce Hall Auditorium
Los Angeles, CA
4/25/05

Paramount Theatre
Denver, CO
4/19/05

Manchester Apollo
Manchester
UK 6/5/05

Quite a few number of repeats, but each show (IMO) is excellent!
Old 10-11-05, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've got all four so far and will get the last two ASAP. Each one has some great moments and as a die hard Tori fan I'm glad I have them, but as you said, there's a lot of repeats. Original Sinuality is my least favorite song off the new album and it's the song she starts off every show with now. I wish they had dug into the vaults (if such recordings exist) and offered some older shows as well. Also, I'm not one to bitch about sound quality but there's a lot of echo going on in all the CDs so far (Manchester sounded the worst to my ears).

But the prices, seeing as they're 2-disc sets, are reasonable and every "Piano Bar" segment (the two Tori-only songs, usually covers, that end each disc one) is well worth owning so far.
Old 10-12-05, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

God bless anyone who buys them, but I think the set-lists are for sh*t.
Old 10-12-05, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Big Tori fan, but I can't justify buying them. If you look over some of the concerts she has played, a lot of the setlists are not the best ones they could of have chosen.
Old 10-12-05, 11:01 AM
Banned

I'm a HUGE Tori fan with closets full of boots. THIS was not the tour to start this. I know they recorded every single Plugged show. Now, had they done THAT tour...or even the Strange Little Girls tour, I would be all over it. Right now, it's not a priority. That and the new album totally sucks. It's just one huge massive disappointment...and this is someone who's followed Tori since 94 or 95.
Old 10-12-05, 09:15 PM

I agree some of the setlists could have been better, the shows are really good. Even a few songs that I really didn't care for in the past get some great treatment live. "Little Amsterdam" is a good example (for me).

Also, on the Manchester boot, she goes off on Morriesey. It's actually quite funny!
Old 12-06-05, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Noticed that there was a box set and was hoping to get a review before I shelled out 70 bucks on it. Any changes to your opinions over time?
Old 12-07-05, 09:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by naughty jonny
Noticed that there was a box set and was hoping to get a review before I shelled out 70 bucks on it. Any changes to your opinions over time?
I asked for it for christmas. Add to it the Germany show that was broadcast on the radio and you have a 7 show boxed set