DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   EMINEM: "Curtain Call" [Best of]-12/6/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/441043-eminem-curtain-call-%5Bbest-%5D-12-6-05-a.html)

DVD Josh 11-16-05 10:36 AM

Bad Influence is a great song (from The Eighth Day soundtrack). I love this line:

People say that I'm a bad influence. I say the world's already fucked, I'm just adding to it.

Brilliant.

FrozenMetalHead 11-16-05 01:14 PM

Deluxe Edition Track Listing

According to what's up in iTunes - Here's the Deluxe Edition tracklisting:

1. Intro
2. My Name Is
3. The Way I Am
4. FACK
5. Stan
6. Lose Yourself
7. Shake That (w/ Nate Dogg)
8. Sing For The Moment
9. Without Me
10. Like Toy Soldiers
11. The Real Slim Shady
12. Mockingbird
13. Guilty Conscience (w/ Dr. Dre)
14. Cleanin' Out My Closet
15. Just Lose It
16. When I'm Gone
17. Stan (Live w/ Elton John)

2nd Disc
18. Dead Wrong (w/ Notorious B.I.G.)
19. Role Model
20. Kill You
21. S*** On You (w/ D-12)
22. Criminal
23. Renegade (w/ Jay-Z)
24. Just Don't Give A F***

Available through Preorder Only at iTunes
25. Bad Guys Always Die
26. Got You Mad
27. Bad Influence

PJsig08 11-24-05 02:16 PM

The one disc version has been leaked...

As for the new songs, FACK is terrible. Shake That w/Nate Dogg is alright and When I'm Gone we've all heard. An okay collection, but if you have is other albums, you definitely don't need this.

DRG 11-28-05 02:14 PM

Sorta mixed on the tracklisting. On one hand, they did manage to get every *major* hit on there. But the second disc "devoted to his memorable collaborations" is a bit skimpy. They could've moved the Elton John version of "Stan" to that disc and had room for another single like "Business", "Superman" or "Ass Like That" on the main disc. It also would've been nice to have a few more D12 and Dre songs on the collaboration disc. "Purple Pills" and "Forgot About Dre" would be nice. But I suppose I can just make my own compilation if I'm gonna complain about it. :)

U6C84 11-28-05 03:30 PM

my favorite song... "Drug Ballad" isn't on there....

The Ferret 11-28-05 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by U6C84
my favorite song... "Drug Ballad" isn't on there....

I always liked that one too, thought I was alone.

auto 12-07-05 10:06 AM

An interesting way to sell more albums...

Eminem Says He's Back With Ex-Wife

DETROIT - Rap superstar Eminem told a radio show Tuesday that he is back together with his ex-wife and may remarry. Eminem went through an ugly divorce and custody battle over his young daughter with Kimberly Mathers. They married in 1999, and their divorce was finalized in 2001.

"We have reconciled and are probably going to remarry," Eminem told Detroit radio station WKQI-FM's "Mojo in the Morning" show.

During the interview, he referred to Kimberly Mathers, 30, as "my wife Kim."

Eminem's label Interscope Records said the interview was the only one that Eminem had planned for now. The rapper's greatest-hits album titled "Curtain Call" was released Tuesday.

Eminem, whose real name is Marshall Mathers III, also discussed his stay earlier this year at a hospital to undergo treatment for sleep medication dependency. Word of the hospitalization came in August after he canceled his European tour.

"When I went into rehab, I kind of went into it ... with the notion of 'I'm gonna get clean, I'm gonna get off this stuff before it gets too out of hand,'" he said.

In July, Eminem denied an impending retirement but hinted at taking a breather. On Tuesday, the 33-year-old, who lives in suburban Detroit, spoke more about his uncertain future.

"I'm at a point in my life right now where I feel like I don't know where my career is going," he said. "This is the reason that we called it 'Curtain Call,' because this could be the final thing. We don't know."

Dan1boy 12-07-05 12:05 PM

um, is anyone else here disgusted that iTunes is raping consumers on Em's best of at $14.99 for the standard version download? You've got to be kidding me....

PJsig08 12-07-05 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dan1boy
um, is anyone else here disgusted that iTunes is raping consumers on Em's best of at $14.99 for the standard version download? You've got to be kidding me....

Well someone's gotta pay for that iTunes commerical featuring Em. I see it, oh, just about every 5 seconds or so...

DVDChris 12-08-05 12:58 PM

I see the standard version as $11.99. The Deluxe Edition is $14.99. But yeah, i pretty much have everything already so I'll pass.

DVD Josh 12-18-05 02:24 PM

Okay. FACK. What the hell is this song? It might be the most disturbing thing I've ever heard. What a waste of a good Dre beat.

Tarantino 12-18-05 04:05 PM

Well, it's horrible...that's for sure.

= J

DrRingDing 01-27-06 02:42 AM

so, i just saw the "When I'm Gone" video for the first time this morning...

my question is: is that Haylee in the video? i'm fairly certain it's not Kim, but is it really Haylee?

-di doctor-