DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Limp Bizkit, Blink 182 Greatest Hits due in Nov. '05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/439396-limp-bizkit-blink-182-greatest-hits-due-nov-05-a.html)

bigjim25 09-26-05 03:31 PM

Rock radio mainstays Limp Bizkit and Blink 182 will look back on their careers with upcoming Geffen "best of" retrospectives, each of which will be issued in tandem with a separate DVD of music videos. Bizkit's "Greatest Hits" is due Nov. 8 and features three previously unreleased songs, while a similarly titled Blink 182 album will arrive a week earlier.<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="6"><tr valign="top"><td>http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/...CLZZZZZZZ_.jpg</td><td>In addition to hits like "Nookie," "Rollin'," "Break Stuff" and "N 2 Gether Now," the Bizkit collection includes the unheard tracks "Lean on Me" and "Why," plus an as-yet-untitled "mash-up" of Motley Crue's "Home Sweet Home" and the Verve's "Bittersweet Symphony."
FULL TRACK LIST:
1. Counterfeit
2. Faith
3. Nookie
4. Break Stuff
5. Re-Arranged
6. N 2 Gether Now
7. Take A Look Around
8. My Generation
9. Rollin' (Air Raid Vehicle)
10. My Way
11. Boiler
12. Eat You Alive
13. Behind Blue Eyes
14. Build A Bridge
15. Why *
16. Lean On Me *
17. Home Sweet Home /
Bittersweet Symphony *

* - (previously unreleased)</tr></table>No tracks are featured from Bizkit's recent EP, "The Unquestionable Truth," which failed to make much of a dent on the Billboard charts. The seven-song release debuted at No. 24 on The Billboard 200 and fell of the chart after just four weeks. It has sold 83,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.<HR><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="6"><tr valign="top"><td>As for Blink 182, its "Greatest Hits" sports two bonus items: "Not Now" (an outtake from its 2003 self-titled album) and "Another Girl Another Planet," which serves as the theme to the MTV reality show "Meet the Barkers," starring Blink drummer Travis Barker.
FULL TRACK LIST:
1. Carousel
2. M&Ms
3. Dammit
4. Josie
5. What's My Age Again
6. All the Small Things
7. Adam's Song
8. Man Overboard
9. Rock Show
10. First Date
11. Stay Together for the Kids
12. Feelin' This
13. Miss You
14. Down
15. Always
16. Not Now
17. Another Girl Another Planet</td><td>http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...CLZZZZZZZ_.jpg </tr></table>The pop/punk trio announced in February that it was going on an "indefinite hiatus" and has yet to reveal any plans to begin working together again.

FrozenMetalHead 09-26-05 07:28 PM

I'll probably grab the Blink - Enjoyed the singles - but not enough to buy the original CDs.

FrozenMetalHead 09-26-05 07:32 PM

Found this

Here’s the track-listing of Blink-182’s adieu, their Greatest Hits:

“M+Ms”
“Dammit”
“Josie”
“What’s My Age Again?”
“All the Small Things”
“Adam’s Song”
“Man Overboard” (live)
“Rock Show”
“First Date”
“Stay Together for the Kids”
“Feelin’ This”
“Miss You”
“Down”
“Always”
“Not Now” (single)
“Another Girl, Another Planet” (previously unreleased—Only Ones’ cover)

Al Padrino 09-26-05 08:07 PM

"Limp Bizkit" and "Greatest Hits" do not deserve to be in the same sentence unless "should never have a" is sandwiched in the middle.

Bobbin 09-27-05 12:05 AM

Limp Biscuit? Hooray, my fave! I love hits of the greatestse

Tscott 11-01-05 04:55 PM

Limp Bizkit, Blink 182 Greatest Hits due in Nov. '05
I thought by the thread title they were going to be condense this to one CD with both of them on it. Just seems to make more sense that way somehow.

GuessWho 11-01-05 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Tscott
I thought by the thread title they were going to be condense this to one CD with both of them on it. Just seems to make more sense that way somehow.

It's been done before... usually 5 songs from each.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...CLZZZZZZZ_.jpg http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...CLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

UAIOE 11-01-05 11:09 PM

How the hell did they manage to find five Vanilla Ice "hits" to put on that CD?

Jason 11-02-05 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by UAIOE

Well, there was, um, err...

And don't forget about, uh....

The Bus 11-02-05 09:47 AM

Let's see. Ice Ice Baby was a B-side, so you have to include the A-side.

Then there was um, the song from TMNT.

And um...

cdollaz 11-02-05 09:54 AM

Vanilla Ice had some ballad IIRC and also the one that went "go white boy, go white boy, go". They were both on the radio. Whether or not they should be considered hits is another issue altogether.

Hiro11 11-02-05 10:14 AM

Though they probably share an audience, Blink 182 is a vastly superior band to Limp Bizkit.

I understand the hatred of Blink as their idiotic sense of humor and, like, incredibly "punky" image are intensely irritating. However, their actual songs are generally tightly written, hooky little pop gems and their musicianship is high quality (IMO). Even the most jaded person has to be taken in by the hooks in a song like "Click Lips" or the chops on display in songs like "Aliens Exist" or "Dysentery Gary".

I'd get their greatest hits, but I already own all of the albums except for Cheshire Cat.

GuessWho 11-02-05 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by UAIOE

1. U Can't Touch This
2. Addams Groove
3. 2 Legit 2 Quit
4. Pray
5. Have You Seen Her

6. Ice Ice Baby
7. Cool As Ice (Everybody Get Loose)
8. I Love You (Live)
9. Play That Funky Music (Live)
10. Dancin'

Ninja Rap didn't even make it on there! :lol:

Tommy Ceez 11-02-05 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by GuessWho
1. U Can't Touch This
2. Addams Groove
3. 2 Legit 2 Quit
4. Pray
5. Have You Seen Her

6. Ice Ice Baby
8. I Love You (Live)
10. Dancin'

No 'Turn this mutha out'?!?!

UAIOE 11-02-05 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by GuessWho
1. U Can't Touch This
2. Addams Groove
3. 2 Legit 2 Quit
4. Pray
5. Have You Seen Her

6. Ice Ice Baby
8. I Love You (Live)
10. Dancin'

That was one i fugured would be on there.

And is that "Cool as Ice" from his masterpiece movie of the same name? Did that actually get radioplay?

IT pains me to see MC Hammer double billed with Vanilla Ice as Hammer clearly has better songs. (Addams Groove!) :)

Dan1boy 11-02-05 05:53 PM

aargh, when is Bush gonna release a greatest hits album?? Been waiting for years....

cungar 11-02-05 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Though they probably share an audience, Blink 182 is a vastly superior band to Limp Bizkit.

I understand the hatred of Blink as their idiotic sense of humor and, like, incredibly "punky" image are intensely irritating.

As is their music