Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

HIM - Dark Light (9-27)

Old 09-22-05, 11:21 AM

HIM - Dark Light (9-27)

Well, I tried to find that old HIM thread, but I failed, so hopefully no one will object to a new thread.

Here's a link to stream the new album, don't know how long it will be up though.
Link

So I downloaded and listened to Dark Light, and must say I like it, it's definately more "delicate" than Love Metal, though I do like Love Metal more. Of course I am sure this album will grow on me. The album seems to put more emphasis on lyrics and melody, a lot of midtempo songs. There are enlongated instrumental outros on some songs and it's definately more polished and subdued, lots of strings and piano..this is pretty much where I saw them evolving too though. It's definately HIM though and not a complete 180, still have the loud guitar choruses and palm muted verses that we all know and love and it's still pretty loud. The title song "Dark Light" is very very radio friendly but I like it, kind of a different direction for them. Some of the songs have some interesting contrasting counter melodies vocally and with the guitar, seems to expand more than their other albums, along with using different kinds of instruments. I'll add some more critique when I think of it..anyone heard it yet? And if buying, are you going for the limited edition?

Last edited by TripWire; 09-23-05 at 01:09 AM.
Old 09-22-05, 03:16 PM

I ordered the LE off the internet,and have downloaded it as well, I have only given it one listen so far, so it has yet to grow on me. I dont think any of there albums can compare to Dark Shadows and Brilliant Highlights, its just to marvelous.
Old 09-22-05, 07:16 PM

Yeah Dark shadows will always be a favorite..you ordered the box LE thing off the official site or the regular limited edition?

Originally Posted by Heartagram
I ordered the LE off the internet,and have downloaded it as well, I have only given it one listen so far, so it has yet to grow on me. I dont think any of there albums can compare to Dark Shadows and Brilliant Highlights, its just to marvelous.
Old 09-24-05, 09:31 PM

yeah off the official site, its been shipped but i dont know the estimate for an arrival.
Ill post again when it arrives, of over all feel.