Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

King's X - Ogre Tones 9/27

Old 09-18-05, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

King's X - Ogre Tones 9/27

Ogre Tones

Judging from the sample clips, this should be their best album in years!!!!
Old 09-19-05, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hopefully it will be much better than the last 2, which have both been terrible.
Old 09-21-05, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Agreed. The last 2 have not been their best work. Some experimenting that didn't work. Ogre Tones is shaping up to be a return to form.
Old 09-23-05, 10:48 AM

anyone know of a tour in the works?
Old 09-23-05, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There are no dates yet, but they are supposed to be touring Oct-Nov this year. No word on next year.
Old 09-24-05, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

From the clips it sounds like their best album in a long time. I haven't bought a King's X album since Tape Head, but I may have to change that and pick this one up!
Old 09-28-05, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did anybody pick this up? I haven't heard much about it. Don't want to get too excited yet...
Old 09-28-05, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

would be awesome if they released another album as good as tapehead. as for a tour, i know they are going to be in Raleigh OCT 22nd. i will not be here though

i sure could use a copy of the album...
Old 10-13-05, 03:54 PM

Tour Dates

I happened to come across these today on the King's X site. I'm hoping to be at the Buffalo show on 11/2...but I still haven't picked up the new CD- has anyone else?

KING'S X TOUR:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10.19.05 Birmingham, AL @ The Nick
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10.21.05 Johnson City, TN @ Gatsby's
10.22.05 Raleigh, NC @ The Lincoln Theater
10.23.05 Charlottesville, VA @ Satellite Ballroom
10.25.05 Baltimore, MD @ 8 x 10
10.27.05 Allston, MA @ Harper's Ferry
10.28.05 Brookyln, NY @ The Brooklyn Music Terminal
10.29.05 Poughkeepsie, NY @ The Chance
10.30.05 Asbury Park, NJ @ The Stone Pony
11.01.05 Hartford, CT @ The Webster Theatre
11.02.05 Buffalo, NY @ The Town Ballroom
11.04.05 West Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
11.05.05 Pittsburgh, PA @ The Rex Theater
11.06.05 Ferndale, MI @ The Magic Bag
11.09.05 Cleveland, OH @ The Agora Theatre & Ballroom
11.18.05 Chicago, IL @ Martyrs
11.23.05 Kansas City, MO @ The Hurricane
Old 10-13-05, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I finally got it and...it's a little below average for KX. Definitely better than Manic Monday and Black Like Sunday, but not nearly as good as Tapehead or Bulbous. Would be a much better album if they trimmed 3-4 weak tracks off.

There just seems that there is hardly any riffing any more in KX music and it seems like the writing is Doug-heavy. Alot of this album sounds like Pinnick's solo stuff. However, it definitely has more of the "KX sound" than the previous two.

Bottom line: not a bad album, but definitely nothing special. The kind of album that is just good enough to make you want to eject it and listen to some of their older stuff.
Old 10-14-05, 08:38 AM

Thanks for the review, cdollaz. I may pick it up, simply because I want to go to the Buffalo show with some knowledge of thier newer stuff....