Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Britney Spears gives birth to boy

Old 09-14-05, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Britney Spears gives birth to boy

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20050914/en_celeb_eo/17362

Britney Spears: Mother

By Joal Ryan 15 minutes ago

Britney Spears has helped husband Kevin Federline multiply and replenish the earth. Again.

The "...Baby One More Time" singer gave birth to a baby boy Wednesday afternoon in Los Angeles. The child is Spears' first; Federline's third. He has two young children from his previous relationship with actress Shar Jackson.

According to U.K.'s Sky News, Spears was considering naming her and Federline's child London, after the British capital where their romance blossomed. Us Weekly's sources had the singer set on Preston Michael Spears Federline. Spears' publicist had no official confirmation.

The 23-year-old Spears recently told Elle that she considered pregnancy "mindblowing." "And therapeutic--all the secrets from your family come of the closet," she said.

One aspect of the life cycle Spears was not looking forward to was the business of labor. Saying she didn't "want to go through pain," the pop star told the magazine, "I have a feeling I'm going to have an operation [a Caesarian section]. I don't know why, but I hope so."

Per reports, Spears' dream came true. The entertainer, accompanied by Federline, checked into an L.A. hospital about 6 a.m. to undergo a C-section.

Througout Wednesday, the tabloids and glossies jostled with each other over the baby story--treating the birth like hard-news outlets treat election night, with each seeking to be the first to call it.

The National Enquirer was first out of the gate at about 9 a.m. with news of Spears begin admitted to the hospital for a C-section. Life & Style followed with a press release outlining alleged complications. Us trumped everyone with a press release announcing the birth; the magazine sent out the alert at 1:30 p.m.--just a half-hour after Baby Spears made his debut.

Spears and Federline, a 27-year-old former backup dancer, wed last year, only months removed from Spears' 55-hour marriage to childhood friend Jason Allen Alexander, and the birth of Federline's second child with Jackson.

In the wake of her marriage, Spears, a media magnet since the age of 17, split with her longtime manager, declared her intention "to just chill," put down roots in a $6.9 million Malibu mansion and talked about her desire to start a family.

Spears and Federline confirmed the "wonderful news" of their pregnancy in April. Days later, the duo launched another joint production: Britney & Kevin: Chaotic, their little-watched UPN reality series.

The arrival of Spears' baby nearly coincides with Thursday's launch of Spears' new fragrance. In a note to fans, the singer described Fantasy Britney Spears as a "completely magical" blend of "enchanting scents and flavors," with "a hint of cupcakes."

I don't really care, but thought I'd post it anyway.
Old 09-14-05, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Mmmm breastfeeding.
Old 09-14-05, 05:33 PM

How exciting! Congrats to BSpears!
Old 09-14-05, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by dick_grayson
One aspect of the life cycle Spears was not looking forward to was the business of labor. Saying she didn't "want to go through pain," the pop star told the magazine, "I have a feeling I'm going to have an operation [a Caesarian section]. I don't know why, but I hope so."
This way should could still try to claim she was a virgin..
Old 09-14-05, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Rogue588
This way should could still try to claim she was a virgin..
Hey, can we just keep the negative comments to ourselves? I'm here to see the reactions of people who care, and I REALLY don't want this thread to get locked like all other BSpears threads....
Old 09-14-05, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by JacksModernLife
Hey, can we just keep the negative comments to ourselves? I'm here to see the reactions of people who care, and I REALLY don't want this thread to get locked like all other BSpears threads....

Oh wait...are you serious?
Old 09-14-05, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wonder what white-trash name it will have. Kody? Dustin?
Old 09-14-05, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JacksModernLife

Old 09-14-05, 06:19 PM

Hopefully in 15 years this child will turn out seemingly normal like Frances Bean. That might be impossible with these two dolts raising him. I'll hold out hope though that I'm underestimating their abilities as parents.

[fingers crossed] Please don't name it something weird. [/fingers crossed]
Old 09-14-05, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

She has now lost her right to be bare foot.
Old 09-14-05, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by gnradd21
Hopefully in 15 years this child will turn out seemingly normal like Frances Bean. That might be impossible with these two dolts raising him. I'll hold out hope though that I'm underestimating their abilities as parents.

[fingers crossed] Please don't name it something weird. [/fingers crossed]
Yeah, I already feel bad for this kid. Probably be in rehab by the time he is 10.
Old 09-14-05, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

C-section, huh? I guess the baby's trucker cap and cigarette were too much for Brit's birth canal.
Old 09-15-05, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Again, BUNCHA BASTARDS!

Congrats Britney! Best of luck to you and yours.
Old 09-15-05, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by DJLinus
C-section, huh? I guess the baby's trucker cap and cigarette were too much for Brit's birth canal.
His 21st birthday photo has already been leaked:

Dusty celebrating getting that new alternator he always wanted for that 78 Camero in the driveway on blocks.
Old 09-15-05, 09:53 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

Old 09-18-05, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That's a pisser. I used to enjoy looking at Britney's smooth stomach, which has been missing for some time.

Good for her, I suppose.
Old 09-19-05, 08:35 PM
Banned

Not good for her. She should not have had a kid. Ever heard of birth control? I wanted her so badly, back in 2002. Now....you can have her, her tattoos and her cigarette and kid.

Please J.Lo....don't get pregnant....EVER