Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Puff Daddy...P.Diddy..err...Puffy...err...Diddy exploiting B.I.G.? Say it ain't so!!

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Puff Daddy...P.Diddy..err...Puffy...err...Diddy exploiting B.I.G.? Say it ain't so!!

Old 09-10-05, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am shocked, shocked I say! Good to see Violetta keepin' it real using "ride and die" in the proper context, yo.

Mom puts a B.I.G. hurt on Diddy & Kim

The mother of murdered hip-hop star Notorious B.I.G. - gunned down in 1997, presumably by rival rappers - savages Sean (Diddy) Combs and Lil' Kim in a soon-to-be-published memoir.

In "Biggie: Voletta Wallace Remembers Her Son," due out Oct. 25 from Simon & Schuster's Atria books, Wallace alleges that Combs - who signed Biggie to his Bad Boy record label in the 1990s - and Kim, Biggie's sometime lover, both used him to further their own careers.

"I'm glad my son does not have to witness that the very people that he thought he could ride and die with wouldn't think twice about using his mother," Wallace writes about her late son Christopher, Combs and Kimberly Jones. "I am glad that he's not here to see how they have used his image and his name."

She adds: "I believe Sean loved my son - after he was dead. I used to tell Christopher all the time not to trust Sean."

Ever since Biggie's death, Combs has regularly invoked his memory, as he did weeks ago when he performed an elaborate tribute at the MTV Video Music Awards in Miami.

Wallace accuses Lil' Kim of pilfering her New Jersey home after she let her use it for a magazine interview.

When the magazine hit the stands, "The first picture I saw was Kim wearing my son's mink coat, holding his chain and wearing his hat. I was in shock," Wallace writes. "I felt violated."

Wallace continues: "I read the entire article and learned that not only was Kim wearing things belonging to my son, but she claimed that the home belonged to her as well. This experience helped me draw my own opinions about Kim. And they weren't good."

PR reps for both Diddy and Kim were mum yesterday.
Old 09-10-05, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When Biggie was alive, Puff Daddy was limited to "uh huh...yeah" in the background of his music videos.

The guy is a tool.

= J
Old 09-10-05, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You mean Puffy (or whatever he calls himself this year) says *MORE* than "Uh Huh, yeah" nowadays?
Old 09-10-05, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
She's writing a book about him, but only they are exploiting him?
Old 09-10-05, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
She's writing a book about him, but only they are exploiting him?
Yep.

I've been pointing out for years that Combs owes his entire career to exploiting the corpse of a semi-retarded drug dealer. If people stopped giving a damn about Biggie tomorrow, Puffy's career would be in the shitter the day after.
Old 09-10-05, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by MovieExchange

...semi-retarded drug dealer...
I'll give you drug dealer, but where'd you come up with semi-retarded?
Old 09-10-05, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Tarantino
When Biggie was alive, Puff Daddy was limited to "uh huh...yeah" in the background of his music videos.

The guy is a tool.

= J

i disagree,the mom is a tool...
Old 09-10-05, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
They're ALL

Old 09-11-05, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts
I have to roll my eyes every time I see Puffy use Biggie's picture in his videos. It gets real old. Respect your friends all you want, but let him rest. Good greif.
Old 09-13-05, 03:57 PM

I'm amazed that someone still refers to him as 'Sean'...