Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

The Most Underrated Album of All Time

Old 08-29-05, 01:16 PM
Banned

The Most Underrated Album of All Time

WHICH IS YOURS??

Mine is :

"Lets Go Bang" by Jennifer Love Hewitt. Yeah yeah, I know you probably think its funny, but no amount of laughter can hide the fact that every track is so musical and unforgettable, and that its one of those CDs you can put on repeat the whole day without ever getting sick of it. Forget The Killers and The Vines, THIS is where its at. Im dead serious. Also check out her last album BareNaked.
Old 08-29-05, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've always stated that Black Lab's Your Body Above me is mine. Marvelous 3's Hey! Album is very good as well.
Old 08-29-05, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cottington
WHICH IS YOURS??

Mine is :

"Lets Go Bang" by Jennifer Love Hewitt. Yeah yeah, I know you probably think its funny, but no amount of laughter can hide the fact that every track is so musical and unforgettable, and that its one of those CDs you can put on repeat the whole day without ever getting sick of it. Forget The Killers and The Vines, THIS is where its at. Im dead serious. Also check out her last album BareNaked.
I wouldn't think you were serious but the fact that you say this music CD is so musical makes me want to rush out and get it.
Old 08-29-05, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Pearl Jam - No Code
Old 08-29-05, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Masters of Reality - Sunrise on the Sufferbus
Old 08-29-05, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Zombies: Odessey and Oracle
Old 08-29-05, 03:02 PM

Good god. I don't know if I could pick just one. While I agree with Black Lab's Your Body Above Me (Awesome album) and Pearl Jam's No Code (hell, I even have it signed) I think I'll have to pick Pearl Jam's Yield (have that signed too). That's pretty popular amoung PJ fans though so I'll pick.....
Idlewild - The Remote Part
Old 08-29-05, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

Pearl Jam - No Code
Old 08-29-05, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Cottington
Mine is :

I will admit to owning this cd, seriously. Also seriously: IT SUCKS. Jennifer Love Hewitt can actually sing, unlike many pop singers of today, but the album sounds generic and boring. It is only sightly worse than her second album (self titled). Just listen to a few songs on either and you see why both albums tanked. Neither have a "stand out" track. It all sounds like boring filler material. I did not bother with the "Barenaked" album (she was hardly even naked in the music video ).

Hewitt had her chance for a hit with "How Do I Deal" (the song that prompted me to check out her other albums I had never heard of -- and the song that actually got radio and MTV airplay), but she was too busy promoting the flop movie instead of her song from the soundtrack.

As for underrated, I agree with Pearl Jam - No Code.
Old 08-29-05, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have to admit Let's Go Bang Jennifer Love Hewitt is an amusing title for an album.
Old 08-29-05, 04:57 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Hmmm...probably either U2's "October" or "Pop"...
Old 08-29-05, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm not sure how well it's received, but I've always been a fan of Wyclef Jean's The Carnival. I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone talk about it as one of the better albums of the past few decades, but it's certainly one that I revisit every now and then.
Old 08-29-05, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Afghan Whigs - Black Love
Old 08-29-05, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Great pick! Mine's:

(click through for allmusic review)
Old 08-29-05, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

One that immediately comes to mind: Keb' Mo' - The Door.

Fans felt he strayed too far from the traditional blues of his first CD and think he now sounds "too polished" - but I don't have a problem with it.
He still maintains a bluesy and folksy feel while incorporating some modern (not too modern) sounds.

It's a great listen from beginning to end. One of my favorites.
Old 08-29-05, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Old 08-29-05, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

While certainly not their greatest, it always sickens me to see so many copies of R.E.M.'s Monster in the bargain bins at the used CD store. It was the follow up to Out of Time, so all the people that bought OoT as their first R.E.M. album were expecting more of the same from Monster. It's a great album in it's own stead, just separate it from the previous one, and there's some great stuff on there.
Old 08-30-05, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Underrated? Not by critics, but by the general public.

A great album.
Old 08-30-05, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I just got this, based on recommendations in this forum, and I love it. In fact, I was gonna start a thread eventually, and probably will, thanking people for stuff I have picked up recently. I probably have bought 20 cd's in the past month thanks to you guys.
Old 08-30-05, 01:14 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by milo bloom
While certainly not their greatest, it always sickens me to see so many copies of R.E.M.'s Monster in the bargain bins at the used CD store. It was the follow up to Out of Time, so all the people that bought OoT as their first R.E.M. album were expecting more of the same from Monster. It's a great album in it's own stead, just separate it from the previous one, and there's some great stuff on there.
Actually, "Automatic for the People" was the follow-up to "Out of Time", not "Monster". OoT came out in '91, AftP in '92 and "Monster" in '94.
Old 08-30-05, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by whaaat
Great pick! Mine's:

(click through for allmusic review)
I also got this, but I really like a MP3 I put together of Lewis Taylor songs from Limewire better. Another

My favorite CD that I got that was not a recommendation of this forum, but from a co-worker who I spoke to about these threads is The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion - Black Crowes. It kicks butt.

Listening to Love - Forever Changes now, another recommendation from this forum.....

(I kind of go overboard sometimes when it comes to aquiring (affordable) things.)
Old 08-30-05, 08:01 AM
Banned

How come no one has mentioned 'I Megaphone' by Imogen Heap yet?
Old 08-30-05, 08:21 AM

IMO it's on par with Forever Changes, Sgt Pepper, and Ogden's Nut Gone Flake
Old 08-30-05, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Filmmaker
Hmmm...probably either U2's "October" or "Pop"...
I agree with you on 'October'....excellent album.

As for mine, I'd have to pick 'The Cars - Door To Door'. Their final album was as good as anything they put out, yet it was a commercial and critical failure....
Old 08-30-05, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Two of my all-time favorites that I would have never heard, except I was the music director of a college radio station and had to listen to a bunch of CDs.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.