Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Sean Lennon : "Into The Sun" CD

Old 08-19-05, 02:20 PM
Banned

Sean Lennon : "Into The Sun" CD

I just heard this today and its really, really good. Its Sean Lennons (John Lennons' youngest) first and only album, and its like a young Beck meets Belle and Sebastian, all to the soundtrack of some 60s jazz music. Incredible. Does anyone have it, or has anyone ever had it? Its really worth tracking down, and I certainly think this ones one of those rare CDs you can play again and again without skipping a track.....
Old 08-19-05, 05:38 PM

I LOVE this album...every track is unique in its own way--quite diverse. "Photosynthesis" can blow plenty of contemporary jazz musicians (and perhaps even some legends) out of the water.

I've been waiting for a follow up for years; though, I don't think it's coming. Sean does play a few random shows around NYC here and there...mostly improv, but still damn impressive.
Old 08-19-05, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Great CD. It finds its way into my CD player a couple of times a year. I've heard rumors of a follw-up for years.
Old 08-21-05, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I own it. Have so for years. Unfortunately, I wasn't too impressed with it, so I haven't really listened to it in awhile. I do like "Into The Sun" and "Home", the former a single, I believe (I remember a video for it), the latter one of my all-time faves. I guess I'll give it another listen. Now.

K