Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Is there a podcast with the latest record reviews ?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-05, 04:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi

Thanks
Old 08-16-05, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Are you really interested in hearing what people with no professional training or opinion have to say on music?
Old 08-16-05, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Are you really interested in hearing what people with no professional training or opinion have to say on music?
No different than getting reviews and suggestions for new music from this board really. That's assuming the podcast isn't pretentious like a lot of the professional reviews in mags and such.

Sorry to the OP though, I don't listen to any music centric podcasts.
Old 08-16-05, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I'd be interesting if they played clips of the songs. As far as I know, there are none like that.
Old 08-16-05, 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Yes !!

Why not ??

...professional training or opinion ...
What are you talking about ??

No different than getting reviews and suggestions for new music from this board really
Good point !!
Old 08-16-05, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,878 Likes on 1,236 Posts
Originally Posted by The Bus
I'd be interesting if they played clips of the songs.
That'd be the chief appeal to me.
Old 08-16-05, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm at work, and not able to check, and have never listened to it, but I thought that was the point of the "New Music Tuesday" podcast within iTunes. Someone claims this is the address for the DSS Feed (again, can't verify that while at work), for those of you iTunes-impaired:
http://phobos.apple.com/podcasts/applenmtphobos.rss

Of course you could probably find "amateur" podcasts for any specific genre you want. Any promo-heavy podcast (like the Daily Source Code) or especially like the Podfinder podcasts will have promos for some of these. Every time I turn around, there is a new promo for some jazz podcast. Just search for the genre name and you'll probably get all kinds of stuff, some better than others.

If you are just surfing, you might have some luck directly browsing radio stations that play the music you like. For example this one has a weekly show (sorry, can't find where to stream it) of new and/or indie stuff, with links to iTunes, where you could then listen to samples.

But I'm assuming you just want to download to an mp3 player and run...
Old 03-11-09, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Is there a podcast with the latest record reviews ?

Sound Opinions is a music discussion by Jim DeRogatis and Greg Kot, the music critics for the Chicago Tribune and the Chicago Sun-Times. they have an hour long music discussion podcast each week that includes reviews of three or four new recordings for the week: www.soundopinions.com , and

All Songs Considered, a music discussion by Bob Boillen who formerly did All Things Considered on NPR. http://www.npr.org/templates/rundown...n.php?prgId=37 He also has full length concerts, the All Songs Considered Concert Podcast.

Both Sound Opinions and All Songs Considered play lots of clips of songs and many full-length songs.

Last edited by Heat; 03-11-09 at 12:26 AM.