DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Tori Amos to follow Pearl Jam, Dave Matthews Band's leads... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/433460-tori-amos-follow-pearl-jam-dave-matthews-bands-leads.html)

Rogue588 08-08-05 04:17 PM

Tori Amos to follow Pearl Jam, Dave Matthews Band's leads...

Just received the following email:

DEAR Rogue588 --

After years of paying top dollar for low quality bootlegs, Tori Amos diehards now have an alternative. Six live bootleg recordings are set to be released this fall. The first two releases are scheduled for an August 30th release, with four more due this fall. All six discs will be available exclusively at www.toribootlegs.com.

Each bootleg is a double-disc package brimming with live rarities, fan favorites and stunning cover versions. Each set was recorded live during her "Original Sinsuality Tour".

The first album features songs captured during Tori's April 15th, 2005 concert at the Auditorium Theatre in Chicago. Among the set's many highlights are live, soul-baring renditions of 1992's "Mother" the title track of new album The Beekeeper and 1996's "Father Lucifer," as well as poignant covers of Jim Croce's 1971 hit "Operator" and Joni Mitchell's "Circle Game."

The second album, recorded April 25th, 2005 at Royce Hall Auditorium in Los Angeles, features intimate versions of 1994's "Cloud On My Tongue" and "Yes, Anastacia," as well as covers of Bon Jovi's 1986 No. 1 hit "Livin' On A Prayer" and Jules Shear's "All Through The Night."

SPECIAL OFFER!
Order both Tori Amos double-CD Bootlegs - Auditorium Theatre Chicago, IL and Royce Hall Auditorium Los Angeles, CA - for $25!

ORDER BOTH NOW AT TORIBOOTLEGS.COM

Both bootlegs will be available beginning August 30. If you place your order by Wednesday, August 24, your order will be shipped to arrive on or around August 30.
Amazing that Prince won't get off his ass and do something like this -ohbfrank-. Let's hope one of these bands start releasing DVDs too..

nodeerforamonth 08-08-05 04:44 PM

I wish more bands would do this.

digitalfreaknyc 08-08-05 06:18 PM

You suck. I was JUST going to post this :) I'm ordering both now even though I think i've downloaded both shows already. SHE NEEDS to release one of the boots with her covers of Like A Prayer and Live To Tell on them.

So not a fan of this tour. Wish she would have done this with Plugged in 98. My all time favorite tour.

blinkin_winkin 08-09-05 02:48 AM

What she should do is allow taping of her concerts by fans instead of asking $25 for a double disc live album.

dolphinboy 08-09-05 03:45 AM

I love Tori and I'll probably cave and buy them all, but boy the track listings are very, very disappointing.

Other than the covers that make the bootleg worth buying for me, assuming we get the Madonna covers, The Cure covers, Prince, Elton, etc, the choices of her own songs are terrible.

The first 2 concerts don't have Crucify, Raspberry Swirl, Caught A Lite Sneeze, Talulu, Hey Jupiter, Happy Phantom Taxi Ride, Spark, Precious Things, A Sorta Fairytale, Cornflake Girl, Winter, Sugar, Upside Down, Leather and it goes on.

I imagine everyone has their own favorites, but not one of those songs appears on disc 1 or 2 of BOTH concert cds. Ugh.

Shagrath 08-09-05 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
I love Tori and I'll probably cave and buy them all, but boy the track listings are very, very disappointing.

Other than the covers that make the bootleg worth buying for me, assuming we get the Madonna covers, The Cure covers, Prince, Elton, etc, the choices of her own songs are terrible.

The first 2 concerts don't have Crucify, Raspberry Swirl, Caught A Lite Sneeze, Talulu, Hey Jupiter, Happy Phantom Taxi Ride, Spark, Precious Things, A Sorta Fairytale, Cornflake Girl, Winter, Sugar, Upside Down, Leather and it goes on.

I imagine everyone has their own favorites, but not one of those songs appears on disc 1 or 2 of BOTH concert cds. Ugh.

I don't know if you went to any of the shows on this tour, but it was just her, no backup with drums and guitar or anything. So, while I'm certain that she could bang out any of those songs herself (and she did play Leather at my show), some of them (like Caught a Lite Sneeze and A Sorta Fairytale) would probably sound rather odd on just piano if you're used to the studio tracks.

digitalfreaknyc 08-09-05 09:31 AM

Tori was doing "solo" stuff long before she was with a band and all the songs mentioned have been played A LOT solo.

That being said, although tori doesn't say that fans can record shows, they're not pushed away from doing so. I'd be hard pressed to find any shows that aren't available as a bootlegged fan recordings. And if you can't find them, then you're not looking in the right places :)

fuzzbox 08-09-05 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
That being said, although tori doesn't say that fans can record shows, they're not pushed away from doing so.

Um, that wasn't really the situation a few years ago. they definitely did patdowns and bag checks at all the shows I went to. That didn't stop me from getting recorders into a few shows, though...

Rogue588 08-09-05 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by blinkin_winkin
What she should do is allow taping of her concerts by fans instead of asking $25 for a double disc live album.

You're right...because, besides supporting an artist that rightfully deserves it, a "fan" recording would sound SO much better than a soundboard mix.. :sarcasm:

GoVegan 08-09-05 02:07 PM

I was expecting something like this, but I was assuming that it would be just one release containing the dozens of different covers that she's been performing on this tour. I have no idea about the rights issues involved with something like that, though. It's probably more likely to assume that a fan will create a compilation like that.

digitalfreaknyc 08-09-05 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by GoVegan
I was expecting something like this, but I was assuming that it would be just one release containing the dozens of different covers that she's been performing on this tour. I have no idea about the rights issues involved with something like that, though. It's probably more likely to assume that a fan will create a compilation like that.

As far as I know, there are no "rights" issues. Anyone can record anything they want or perform anything live that they want...as long as they pay the rights. Now, sampling something or using someones vocals...i believe THAT is a different story.

Um, that wasn't really the situation a few years ago. they definitely did patdowns and bag checks at all the shows I went to. That didn't stop me from getting recorders into a few shows, though...
Well, I've seen her over a dozen times and although I don't remember every entrance since 1996 (when I started), it's never been difficult. It's just upsetting how many people didn't get some of the "best" shows like her on-stage breakdown and the first time she played Live To Tell (both in 1996). Luckily since then, there have been recordings of every show. I've stopped trading and downloading because I just have stacks and stacks of recordings of shows and I'm really never going to listen to all of them at this point.

LivingINClip 08-09-05 07:31 PM

Will be.
Goin' to see her the 13th, I can only hope that one ends up being released also.