DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Deftones B-sides/rarities CD/DVD compilation release announced.... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/433147-deftones-b-sides-rarities-cd-dvd-compilation-release-announced.html)

Deftones 08-05-05 11:12 AM

Deftones B-sides/rarities CD/DVD compilation release announced....

Taken from www.deftonesworld.com

Deftones will be releasing B Sides and Raritites, a CD/DVD compilation of unreleased songs, all of the band’s videos and some never before seen video footage, on September 27th 2005 (US Release Date).

Very sweet. :up:

Cusm 08-05-05 12:49 PM

Awesome!! Any word on the actual track listing? When is there new album suppose to be out?

SpaceBoy 08-05-05 12:58 PM

Nice.

Deftones 08-05-05 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Cusm
Awesome!! Any word on the actual track listing? When is there new album suppose to be out?

No idea yet. My guess is there will be alot of the cover material that doesn't usually make it onto the discs or singles (mostly 80's Cure, Smiths and Duran Duran covers). If I could get a good version of Linus, I'd be happy as hell. Even the remastered one sounds terrible.

As for the new disc, I heard possibly later this year in the winter to coincide with a tour with Story of the Year, but that was info from earlier this year.

TripWire 08-07-05 09:48 AM

looking forward to this, would be nice if they cleaned up " The Sweetest Perfection" Depeche Mode cover.

Deftones 08-07-05 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by TripWire
looking forward to this, would be nice if they cleaned up " The Sweetest Perfection" Depeche Mode cover.

I'm sure that'll be on there too. The copy of that I have sounds like the remastered version of Linus. It's ok, but not CD quality.

Deftones 08-14-05 10:41 AM

Just a bump back up for two tidbits of info.

First, the CD has been delayed what looks like a week, to be released on October 4th.

Also, here's an unconfirmed tracklisting:

Bonus DVD:
¤ 7 WORDS
¤ BACK TO SCHOOL (MINI MAGGIT)
¤ BE QUIET AND DRIVE (FAR AWAY)
¤ BORED
¤ CHANGE (IN THE HOUSE OF FLIES)
¤ DIGITAL BATH
¤ MY OWN SUMMER
¤ MINERVA
¤ HEXAGRAM
¤ BLOODY CAPE

Rarities CD:
1. SINATRA
2. CHANGE (IN THE HOUSE OF FLIES)
3. SAVORY
4. XO
5. WAX AND WANE
6. BE QUIET AND DRIVE (FAR AWAY)
7. IF ONLY TONIGHT WE COULD SLEEP
8. NO ORDINARY LOVE
9. NIGHT BOAT
10. DIGITAL BATH
11. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME GET WHAT I WANT

Overall, not as good as I thought it was going to be. Some good stuff on there, but also alot of stuff I already have (Savory, No Ordinary Love). I think the songs on the disc that have already been released, must be live versions or something.

Cusm 08-15-05 10:21 AM

Damn! some great stuff I was hoping for is missing, including Linus, Freaks and Roots.

lordzeppelin 08-15-05 04:11 PM

I was hoping for God's Hand and Linus, but I'll take whatever I can get. The Deftones are by far my fave band.

Anyways, I picked up the UK Lovers single with Sinatra on it a while back, and damn is that a good cover (this coming from a life-long helmet fan, and probably the only person who liked the new helmet CD on this board).

I'm sure the Be Quiet and Drive is the Acoustic version with Jonah from Far...

Deftones 08-15-05 07:49 PM

I was thinking the BQAD was going to be the audio from the Live DVD in Hawaii. We'll see who's right. :)

Deftones 08-23-05 09:25 AM

Well, here's the official tracklisting. A bit different than that last post I made. Looks like a good variety of new stuff and older stuff I've already had.

1. Savory [feat. Jawbox]
2. Wax and Wane [Cocteau Twins cover]
3. Change (In the House of Flies) [original]
4. Simple Man [Lynyrd Skynyrd cover???]
5. Sinatra[Helmet cover]
6. No Ordinary Love [Sade cover]
7. Teenager (Idiot Version) [original]
8. Crenshaw Punch / I'll Throw Rocks at You [original]
9. Black Moon [Black Sabath cover???]
10. If Only Tonight We Could Sleep [The Cure cover]
11. Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want [The Smiths cover]
12. Digital Bath (Acoustic) [original]
13. The Chauffeur [Duran Duran cover]
14. Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away) (Acoustic) [original]

This release will also include a DVD with the music video library, plus live & backstage footage. So expect official the following videos:

¤ 7 WORDS
¤ BACK TO SCHOOL (MINI MAGGIT)
¤ BE QUIET AND DRIVE (FAR AWAY)
¤ BORED
¤ CHANGE (IN THE HOUSE OF FLIES)
¤ DIGITAL BATH
¤ MY OWN SUMMER
¤ MINERVA
¤ HEXAGRAM
¤ BLOODY CAPE

Cusm 08-23-05 11:48 AM

Why have the original of songs from their albums? Not very Rare, or are these more like demos of the songs?

Deftones 08-23-05 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Cusm
Why have the original of songs from their albums? Not very Rare, or are these more like demos of the songs?

Maybe the songs were reworked and the final version was on the disc. These might be the preliminary versions. That's my guess. Doesn't seem logical to release the same song that already has been.

lordzeppelin 08-25-05 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones
I was thinking the BQAD was going to be the audio from the Live DVD in Hawaii. We'll see who's right. :)

Winnah, and still champion... :nopanic:

Deftones 08-26-05 02:59 AM

I didn't want to post this in a new thread, but apparently there's some discord between Chino and Bob Ezrin, producer for the new disc. Pretty funny read by Chino here: http://www.deftonesworld.com/txt/chartattack082005.txt

Followed up by Ezrin's response: http://www.deftonesworld.com/txt/cha...ck19082005.txt

:lol:

TripWire 08-26-05 09:31 AM

I'll go with Ezrin on this one. I doubt Chino has been getting much rehersal time going with Deftones since Team Sleep has been touring. Let's face it, he ain't no Maynard Keenan.

Deftones 09-07-05 08:48 AM

Sample of the Lynyrd Skynyrd song. Just more proof that the Deftones are among the most talented musicians in music today: http://www.deftonesworld.com/trash/d...lds.com%5D.mp3

Dan 09-07-05 12:06 PM

what are the chances that the "White Pony" short will be on the DVD?

looks like a pretty sweet compilation. I'll definitely be picking it up.

lordzeppelin 09-14-05 11:30 PM

Let's face it, he ain't no Maynard Keenan.

Hmm...not really sure the two are comparable. Chino has quite a unique and interesting voice. But Maynard may have a better "singing voice", where Chino would have a larger vocal range (listen to Korea from the White Pony...I still don't know how he hit those notes...).

TripWire 09-15-05 10:19 AM

I wasn't comparing their voices, but their work ethics.
I think maynard can make a side project great and then have the capacity to jump back to tool and still come up with great material and get the job done, whereas Chino, I don't think so as much.

Originally Posted by lordzeppelin
Hmm...not really sure the two are comparable. Chino has quite a unique and interesting voice. But Maynard may have a better "singing voice", where Chino would have a larger vocal range (listen to Korea from the White Pony...I still don't know how he hit those notes...).

Deftones 09-18-05 09:45 PM

I wasn't comparing their voices, but their work ethics.
I think maynard can make a side project great and then have the capacity to jump back to tool and still come up with great material and get the job done, whereas Chino, I don't think so as much.

What does work ethic have to do with making good music? As long as they continue to put out good quality stuff, I don't care if he's a 600 pound, bed-ridden slob.

TripWire 09-18-05 11:50 PM

I just think it's questionable of how good this new material will be when the producer is saying that Chino isn't even putting all the effort he could into it.
Just seems half ass, kinda like the last album.

dadaluholla 09-19-05 08:00 AM

By last album do you mean the self titled one? I thought that was a kickass disc.

TripWire 09-19-05 09:54 AM

Yeah I mean the self titled one...if you think it's kick ass that's cool, but it was just lacking for me, their progression of albums, I expected a move forward I guess, there are definately some songs I really like on it though.

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
By last album do you mean the self titled one? I thought that was a kickass disc.

Deftones 09-19-05 02:59 PM

I just think it's questionable of how good this new material will be when the producer is saying that Chino isn't even putting all the effort he could into it.

And Chino is saying that he hated working with him so he didn't want to be there. He said/ he said. Nobody but the band and Ezrin will know what really went on. Again, I say, as long as they are putting out good music like they always do, who cares about work ethic. Just because you didn't like the last album and thought it was half ass, doesn't make it so.