DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Pixies: Pixies Sell Out DVD - 9/20/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/433126-pixies-pixies-sell-out-dvd-9-20-05-a.html)

auto 08-05-05 09:10 AM

Pixies: Pixies Sell Out DVD - 9/20/05

from NME:

PIXIES are to release a new live DVD documenting their triumphant 2004 comeback.

Set for release on September 19, ’Pixies Sell Out’ will feature a selection of seven different concerts from the band’s world tour last year.

The main part of the package will come from the group’s gig in Belfort, France (July 3) and will feature 27 tracks including ’Here Comes Your Man’, ’Monkey Gone To Heaven’, ’Bone Machine’, ’Where Is My Mind?’ and ’Gigantic’.

The DVD’s bonus material offers additional performances from Coachella (May 1), Lowell (December 1), Austin City Limits Festival (September 18), New Orleans’ Voodoo Festival (October 16), Fuji Rock Festival (July 30), Move Festival (July 10) and T In The Park (July 11).

Pixies kicked off their reunion tour on April 13 2004 at Minneaplois’ Fine Line Café before playing relentlessly over the world for the next eight months. They rounded off the year with eight nights at New York’s Hammerstein Ballroom.

The ’Pixies Sell Out’ DVD tracklisting is:

‘Bone Machine’
‘Wave Of Mutilation’
‘In Heaven’
‘Something Against You’
’River Euphrates’
‘U-Mass’
‘Bone Machine’
‘Cactus’
‘Ed Is Dead’
‘I Bleed’
‘Monkey Gone To Heaven’
‘Hey’
‘Levitate Me’
‘Subbacultcha’
‘Dead’
‘Gouge Away’
‘Velouria’
‘Mr. Grieves’
‘Crackity Jones’
‘Broken Face’
‘Isla De Encanta’
‘Tame’
‘Here Comes Your Man’
‘The Holiday Song’
‘Where Is My Mind?’
‘Vamos’
‘Wave Of Mutilation’
‘Gigantic’

Bonus material:

‘Caribou’ (Coachella)
‘Here Comes Your Man’ (Move)
‘Debaser’ (T In The Park)
‘Gigantic’ (Coachella)
‘U-Mass’ (Lowell)
‘Crackity Jones’ (Fuji Rock)
‘Nimrod’s Son’ (Fuji Rock)
‘The Holiday Song’ (Fuji Rock)
‘Subbacultcha’ (Austin)
‘Vamos’ (Austin)
‘No. 13 Baby’ (Lowell)
‘Planet Of Sound’ (Voodoo)
‘Is She Weird?’ (Lowell)
‘Into The White’ (Coachella)
‘Where Is My Mind?’ (Move)
‘Monkey Gone To Heaven’ (Move)

Elldubtoo 08-05-05 09:30 AM

BOOO, only a few Coachella songs :down:

auto 08-05-05 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Elldubtoo
BOOO, only a few Coachella songs :down:

I was thinking the same thing. That was a great show. Also, less chance of me being on the DVD. :(

cdollaz 08-05-05 10:08 AM

Are all of the songs on the regular portion from the same show? If not, I hate that crap where they mix and match from different shows, especially on DVD.

auto 08-05-05 10:34 AM

Looks that way.

The main part of the package will come from the group’s gig in Belfort, France (July 3) and will feature 27 tracks including ’Here Comes Your Man’, ’Monkey Gone To Heaven’, ’Bone Machine’, ’Where Is My Mind?’ and ’Gigantic’.

Gil Jawetz 09-23-05 10:36 AM

Cover art: http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/701...zzzzzzz3wo.jpg

Pretty cool! I do wish it was from a show where they went from "In Heaven" to "Wave" since that transition is so amazing.

nodeerforamonth 09-23-05 11:34 AM

So this is out now? Got a boot of that France show. Pretty great stuff! Will pick this up for the extras.

jjacobs399 09-23-05 09:55 PM

I was at their Newport Folk Fest show where they played an acoustic set. It was filmed and I believe I read somewhere that it would be on the dvd. I definately hope so the set rocked pretty hard for an acoustic set.

Gil Jawetz 09-23-05 10:23 PM

I ordered a CD of the Newport show on pixiesdisc.com Looking forward to getting it!

Rypro 525 09-24-05 04:03 PM

they moved it to 10/4

auto 10-06-05 01:22 PM

This probably doesn't need a new thread:

from pitchforkmedia:

Pixies Oral History Released Today
Kati Llewellyn reports:
Pixies, still riding on their reunion high, are living up to the title of their recently released DVD, Pixies Sell Out. Yesiree, there's another book hitting stores. To be completely honest, we're a little bit jealous over here. When was the last time we saw nearly three hundred pages of published work devoted to Pitchfork Media? Oh, that's right-- never. Crud.

The latest Pixies book, Fool the World: The Oral History of a Band Called Pixies, landed in the UK today via Virgin Books. Fool the World was written by Josh Frank and Caryn Ganz in an attempt to tell the band's story in the words of, well, the band. Talk about an accuracy attack! Also responsible for its material are Pixies' tour managers, producers, and engineers, who, with other behind-the-scenes folk, provided Frank and Ganz anecdotes of the band's elevation to the position of indie superheroes. There's even celebrity input from Thom Yorke, Beck, Bono, Courtney Love, and, as Lollapalooza attendees may have guessed, the incredibly long-winded, not-so-secret admirer of Pixies, Perry Farrell. The book description on Amazon.co.uk calls Fool the World "a complete journey through the life, death, and rebirth of one of the most influential bands of all time." Hey! Paralleling Pixies to Jesus was our senior thesis idea, jerks!

In addition to this impressive list of interviewees, the book also features new cartoons by Steve Appleby (the Trompe Le Monde cover artist) and prints by longtime band photographer Simon Larbalestier.

Oh, and to the Pixies' home country fans-- don't get your panties in a bunch. Fool the World comes to the States on March 21, 2006 through publisher St. Martin's Griffin. Phew!

In even more Pixies news, MTV.com reported that Black's latest solo album is nearly finished and may include 25+ songs when the final version drops in early 2006. You might see these guys as busybodies, but just remember, there was that whole 12-year-split thing. It seems to us that Pixies are just making up for lost time, and trust us, we ain't complainin'.

duse 10-07-05 09:45 AM

Is this different than "The Pixes Come Home" that is showing on INHD?

auto 10-07-05 09:47 AM

Pretty cool DVD. I watched the show last night. Good set.

I will check out the bonus tracks this weekend.

nodeerforamonth 10-07-05 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by auto
This probably doesn't need a new thread:

from pitchforkmedia:

Pixies Oral History Released Today
Kati Llewellyn reports:
Pixies, still riding on their reunion high, are living up to the title of their recently released DVD, Pixies Sell Out. Yesiree, there's another book hitting stores. To be completely honest, we're a little bit jealous over here. When was the last time we saw nearly three hundred pages of published work devoted to Pitchfork Media? Oh, that's right-- never. Crud.

Anyone have this? Amazon says it doesn't come out until March 2006!

auto 10-07-05 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
Anyone have this? Amazon says it doesn't come out until March 2006!

Re-read my post. It won't be available in the U.S. until March 2006.

nodeerforamonth 10-07-05 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by auto
Re-read my post. It won't be available in the U.S. until March 2006.

D'oh. I just saw the "released today" part and assumed it was released everywhere today. amazon.uk, here I come!