DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Oasis Tickets Dilemma (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/432566-oasis-tickets-dilemma.html)

Dalvin 08-01-05 01:20 AM

Oasis Tickets Dilemma

First off, I'm really happy I'm even to this thing, and the tickets were free from a friend, but they are located in the 15th row of section R1(second to last section). Is there anywhere I can go to upgrade these seats. I don't want to be trying to figure out if I'm seeing Noel or Liam on stage. I was looking to get into the Garden Boxes section right behind the Pool Circle. Please, people who have been to the Bowl I need your help. I am one of those people that if I have problems seeing the stage and the band I'm pissed and it affects my mood the whole night. Knowing this and where my seats are, would you upgrade?

j123vt_99 08-01-05 08:49 AM

depends if cash is a concern

DVD Josh 08-01-05 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Dalvin
First off, I'm really happy I'm even to this thing, and the tickets were free from a friend, but they are located in the 15th row of section R1(second to last section). Is there anywhere I can go to upgrade these seats. I don't want to be trying to figure out if I'm seeing Noel or Liam on stage. I was looking to get into the Garden Boxes section right behind the Pool Circle. Please, people who have been to the Bowl I need your help. I am one of those people that if I have problems seeing the stage and the band I'm pissed and it affects my mood the whole night. Knowing this and where my seats are, would you upgrade?

Noel plays guitar. That problem is solved.

Giantrobo 08-01-05 10:18 AM

Don't forget your earplugs because permanent deafness could occur don't cha know. ;) :lol:

BDB 08-01-05 11:07 AM

Will cost a lot to get up to the box seats dalvin, and way back there is very hard to see the stage.

Examples from Craigslist..

BOX 1620 (2 Seats) @ $115 ea.
BOX 1462 (2 Seats) @ $125 ea.
BOX 1322 (6 Seats) @ $155 ea.
POOL E / Row 4 (4 Seats) @ $265 ea.
POOL D / Row 5 (4 Seats) @ $350 ea.

best bet sell yours on craigslist and pay the extra to upgrade.

Flynn 08-01-05 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
Will cost a lot to get up to the box seats dalvin, and way back there is very hard to see the stage.

Examples from Craigslist..

BOX 1620 (2 Seats) @ $115 ea.
BOX 1462 (2 Seats) @ $125 ea.
BOX 1322 (6 Seats) @ $155 ea.
POOL E / Row 4 (4 Seats) @ $265 ea.
POOL D / Row 5 (4 Seats) @ $350 ea.

best bet sell yours on craigslist and pay the extra to upgrade.

Holy crap those are expensive!

Dalvin 08-02-05 09:49 PM

BadleyDrawnBoy:That's it!!!! $155.00 each is all they are asking??? WOW!!! are you sure my friend, that those are in the Garden Box Section? I'm happy I'm even going but any idea what I could get for the tickets I have? I'm hoping my best friend(I think he'll do it) will pay the extra cost for the upgrade. Shoot, maybe I can connvince him to upgrade me to the Pool Circle seats!!!

I really like those $155.00 seats that guy is asking for. My plan is to seel both of my tickets for $150(for both) use that to upgrade to Graden Seat, and ask my friend to pay the 260.00 difference. Would he do it? Fellas, I have a very cool friend. While, money isn't an issue for me at all, I still want to see if he'll cover me. I've known him 10 years, and I'm 95% sure he'l do it.

Deftones 08-02-05 10:29 PM

Wait. You just got $3.2 miillion. Why is cost even a factor?

Dalvin 08-02-05 11:01 PM

It isn't, as I have stated "money isn't an issue at all", but if he wants to pay, and he will, why shouldn't he. I'm debating whether to have him get me the upgrade to the Garden Seats Section(by the way, how far will I be from the band(fee-wise) if I'm towards the front of this section?) or a Years Pass at California Adventure/Disneyland. Ahhh Decisions ...DEcisions. Does anyone have a friend like that that loves to shell out money to people like its water? Yes, I could easily pay the money, but its the principle surrounding him doing it for me.

Elldubtoo 08-02-05 11:24 PM

If I gave a friend of mine a pair of tickets to a show at the Hollywood Bowl and he came up to me a few days later asking to upgrade and asking ME to pay for it, I'd tell him to fuck off.

paulringodaman 08-02-05 11:34 PM

A little off topic about Oasis---for all the amphitheater shows in your areas, are there lawn tickets available? Cuz for me in Cleveland/Cuyahoga Falls/Blossom they either sold out or were never available. Ticketmaster shows me that they aren't available -- I cannot believe that they would sell out a lawn, yet I can't believe they'd play a venue and not have lawn..Thanks

mndtrp 08-03-05 12:43 AM

Just look for the giant ego, that'd be Liam.