DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   who sings these two songs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/431090-who-sings-these-two-songs.html)

bareva 07-19-05 03:01 PM

who sings these two songs

I don't know all the lyrics but it goes something like this "hey ladies we're gonna break this down or what? Dont make break this down for nothing, give me some sugar-I am your neighbor---shake it, shake it, shake it like a polaroid picture" I heard it on the radio the other day--got stuck in my mind ever since. The other song I heard was "dont funk with my heart" I think thats title of the song--help. Thank you.

Noonan 07-19-05 03:09 PM

First song's by Outkast, second is Black Eyed Peas off their new album.

Obey The D 07-19-05 03:41 PM

The Outcast song is "Hey Ya".

JPRaup 07-19-05 04:25 PM

Black Eyed Peas is "Dont Phunk with my Heart"

jigga6286 07-19-05 05:22 PM

not to be mean, but seriously, you've never heard 'hey ya'?

SlingshotBandit 07-20-05 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by jigga6286

Seriously. I've already heard a lifetime supply's worth of that song on the radio alone.

The Bus 07-20-05 08:39 AM

No, seriously, you've escaped 'Hey Ya'?

How?

HOW???

reverie 07-20-05 10:04 AM

The only time I've ever heard "Hey Ya" was out in PA when my mom had it on the radio because she liked it. I never listen to music on the radio. Much rather listen to what I want to and not the same ten songs they decide to play.

Oh, an catching it on TV wouldn't work either, the only TV viewing is on DVD for me. I guess I'm a little sheltered too. ;)

The Bus 07-20-05 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by reverie
The only time I've ever heard "Hey Ya" was out in PA when my mom had it on the radio because she liked it. I never listen to music on the radio. Much rather listen to what I want to and not the same ten songs they decide to play.

Oh, an catching it on TV wouldn't work either, the only TV viewing is on DVD for me. I guess I'm a little sheltered too. ;)

I don't listen to radio or watch TV but I still somehow hear these songs... Usually playing at the gym or the supermarket or out of someone else's car or at a bar, etc.

Numanoid 07-20-05 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by The Bus
No, seriously, you've escaped 'Hey Ya'?

How?

HOW???

A while back, I actually had to go track down "Hey Ya" for myself since I heard people making a million references to it, but had never heard the song itself. If you're not listening to Top40 radio or watching MTV, it's not hard to miss.

Hiro11 07-20-05 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Numanoid
A while back, I actually had to go track down "Hey Ya" for myself since I heard people making a million references to it, but had never heard the song itself. If you're not listening to Top40 radio or watching MTV, it's not hard to miss.

I don't do either and I'm still sick of that song. They were playing it in AMC theaters before the show, for example.

bareva 07-21-05 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by jigga6286

I cant say I have. :) Thanks people for the info.