Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Any Good Charlotte Fans here?

Old 07-04-05, 07:01 PM
  #1  
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The Black Pearl
Posts: 417
Any Good Charlotte Fans here?

hey there guys!!!
Anyone here likes GC!!!!!!!?
I really like them......infact I LOVE them!!!!
i know this really seems lame but I can't help it!!!
Static_Rainbow is offline  
Old 07-04-05, 07:05 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Rypro 525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: a frikin hellhole
Posts: 28,263
Originally Posted by Static_Rainbow
hey there guys!!!
Anyone here likes GC!!!!!!!?
I really like them......infact I LOVE them!!!!
i know this really seems lame but I can't help it!!!
i personally like them (they are dc born) and still like they're debut album best. but many people here hate them with a passion, and feel that they are an mtv made band, when they actually started very small in dc.
Rypro 525 is offline  
Old 07-04-05, 07:14 PM
  #3  
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The Black Pearl
Posts: 417
Originally Posted by Rypro 525
i personally like them (they are dc born) and still like they're debut album best. but many people here hate them with a passion, and feel that they are an mtv made band, when they actually started very small in dc.
yeah plp really do hate them....and yes the 1st album was the best!!!
but still i think they have sooo much more potential than what they are showing.
Static_Rainbow is offline  
Old 07-04-05, 07:18 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Legend
 
chess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 20,804
Rypro 525,

She (I assume) must've missed your sig.
chess is offline  
Old 07-04-05, 07:31 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Rypro 525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: a frikin hellhole
Posts: 28,263
Originally Posted by chess
Rypro 525,

She (I assume) must've missed your sig.
i actually do still like them, i just found the quote funny.
Rypro 525 is offline  
Old 07-04-05, 08:21 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
jpdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Madisonville, KY
Posts: 1,127
I love their sound and style of music. Being a 39 yr old male, i don't exactly fit into the demographic of their target audience.....but who cares! I pretty much still "go with the flow" and like much of the new music that comes out today, unlike most people my age that seem to have stopped being a fan of any music released after the 80's.

I'm looking forward to a new cd from these guys, hopefully soon!
jpdude is offline  
Old 07-04-05, 10:14 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Rypro 525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: a frikin hellhole
Posts: 28,263
Originally Posted by jpdude
I love their sound and style of music. Being a 39 yr old male, i don't exactly fit into the demographic of their target audience.....but who cares! I pretty much still "go with the flow" and like much of the new music that comes out today, unlike most people my age that seem to have stopped being a fan of any music released after the 80's.

I'm looking forward to a new cd from these guys, hopefully soon!
didn't they just release an album recently? (which i still haven't picked up.
Rypro 525 is offline  
Old 07-05-05, 02:28 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk God
 
kvrdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 86,201
I love their retro stuff.
kvrdave is offline  
Old 07-05-05, 02:45 AM
  #9  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: a mile high, give or take a few feet
Posts: 13,462
I like some of their songs. I wouldn't buy their albums or go to specifically see their live show, but I'll listen to them if they come on someone else's radio.

I can't stand their image, though. Of course, Good Charlotte fans could say the same thing about the metal acts I listen to.

(Grammar question: The above sentence was ended with a preposition. Dictionary.com has an example sentence doing the same thing. Is this correct? If not, how should it read?)
mndtrp is offline  
Old 07-05-05, 07:50 AM
  #10  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Goat3001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,944
I don't like them. Thought their first album was decent at best. Their last few songs that I've heard aren't good (IMO). As for their image, it just seems that they're trying to be something that they are not.
Goat3001 is offline  
Old 07-05-05, 07:57 AM
  #11  
DVD Talk Legend
 
chess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 20,804
Originally Posted by mndtrp
I like some of their songs. I wouldn't buy their albums or go to specifically see their live show, but I'll listen to them if they come on someone else's radio.

I can't stand their image, though. Of course, Good Charlotte fans could say the same thing about the metal acts I listen to.

(Grammar question: The above sentence was ended with a preposition. Dictionary.com has an example sentence doing the same thing. Is this correct? If not, how should it read?)
Both sentences are gramatically correct. It's not required, but I would generally use a "that" on the last sentence...i.e. metal acts that I listen to. But THAT is just personal preference.

...just glad someone still cares.
chess is offline  
Old 07-05-05, 08:34 AM
  #12  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Hail to the Redskins!
Posts: 24,787
They might be one of the worst bands ever. It is a crime they are as popular as they are. I would point out good charlotte as an example of band with talent regression.
DVD Josh is offline  
Old 07-05-05, 09:19 AM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Canada
Posts: 419
Sorry, but I hate them. To me they sound like the rest of the recycled poppy garbage you hear on mtv on a daily basis.
Capo2002 is offline  
Old 07-05-05, 11:35 AM
  #14  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
The Bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 54,866
They're extremely annoying although I have to admit I kind of like their "Girls & Boys" song.

My question is... they had a single, maybe one to three years ago, which was a pretty sad, depressing song. In the video, I think, they're in a run-down/torn-down house. What is the name of that song? Is that in fact, Good Charlotte? I always thought it was by the band that had that "We Are, We Are" song (OMD? OMP? EDMDP?).
The Bus is offline  
Old 07-05-05, 01:36 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Hail to the Redskins!
Posts: 24,787
Originally Posted by The Bus
They're extremely annoying although I have to admit I kind of like their "Girls & Boys" song.

My question is... they had a single, maybe one to three years ago, which was a pretty sad, depressing song. In the video, I think, they're in a run-down/torn-down house. What is the name of that song? Is that in fact, Good Charlotte? I always thought it was by the band that had that "We Are, We Are" song (OMD? OMP? EDMDP?).
Bus, that's Vertical Horizon. I will give you one chance only to take back your VH and GC comparison

You are probably referring to "I'm Still Here" off Go, since re-released on a new label with a new song.
DVD Josh is offline  
Old 07-05-05, 01:40 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Lyon Estates
Posts: 10,795
Originally Posted by Capo2002
Sorry, but I hate them. To me they sound like the rest of the recycled poppy garbage you hear on mtv on a daily basis.

same here. especially since there's plenty of better pop-punk type stuff out there. but whatever. to each his/her own.

anyway, a friend of mine lived with one of the dudes from the band about two years ago. that's all I got.
dick_grayson is offline  
Old 07-05-05, 02:17 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Legend
 
cungar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 21,403
First band I've ever seen on the cover of Rolling Stone before I'd heard of them. Wan't missing anything.
cungar is online now  
Old 07-05-05, 02:26 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,193
CDs in my collection: around 2,000
CDs by Good Charlotte in my collection: 0
Tscott is offline  
Old 07-05-05, 05:34 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mob Town
Posts: 3,759
Originally Posted by Capo2002
Sorry, but I hate them. To me they sound like the rest of the recycled poppy garbage you hear on mtv on a daily basis.
You watch MTV on a daily basis?
zak52 is offline  
Old 07-05-05, 05:43 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Hail to the Redskins!
Posts: 24,787
Originally Posted by zak52
You watch MTV on a daily basis?
You sometimes catch things on Road Rules the 32nd time that you didn't the 23rd.
DVD Josh is offline  
Old 07-05-05, 07:10 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Mopower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The Janitor's closet in Kinnick Stadium
Posts: 15,726
I like their first song that came out around 99' 2000'? Before anyone knew who they were.
Mopower is offline  
Old 07-05-05, 10:16 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Rypro 525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: a frikin hellhole
Posts: 28,263
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Bus, that's Vertical Horizon. I will give you one chance only to take back your VH and GC comparison

You are probably referring to "I'm Still Here" off Go, since re-released on a new label with a new song.
it could have also been "hold on", which is a pretty depressing song.
Rypro 525 is offline  
Old 07-06-05, 08:03 AM
  #23  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Hail to the Redskins!
Posts: 24,787
Originally Posted by Rypro 525
it could have also been "hold on", which is a pretty depressing song.
I guess it depends which band he was referring to (VH or GC).
DVD Josh is offline  
Old 07-06-05, 10:37 AM
  #24  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
The Bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 54,866
Where did I mention Vertical Horizon? I was a bit rushed in that last post, but here's what I meant.

The song I kind of like by Good Charlotte is actually called "Girls & Boys" and goes like this:
Girls don't like boys
Girls like cars and money
Boys will laugh at girls when they're not funny

When I say "kind of like" I mean it's a guilty pleasure.

The "we are we are" song is the one that goes something like "We are, we are... the voice of a new generation". It's "nu-metal" sort of. I know it's not Vertical Horizon. It's about four years old, maybe.

The song is definitely "Hold On" --- I really, really like it. (Again a guilty pleasure).
The Bus is offline  
Old 07-06-05, 11:35 AM
  #25  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 57,736
Ask Popcorn
Michael Corvin is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.