Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Smashing Pumpkins to reform

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Smashing Pumpkins to reform

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-06, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hasn't that message been up on the site for months now?
Old 08-16-06, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I don't care what all you naysayers say. This is the coolest news ever. I don't care if Cuba has democratic elections tomorrow.
Old 08-17-06, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No, that's a new message. Thank GOODNESS they are using a new producer!
Old 08-17-06, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

have they confirmed who the bassist is? Haven't heard anything but speculation about D'arcy, Melissa, or Eric Avery.
Old 08-17-06, 06:23 PM

Probably Melissa since she's already expressed interest in joining the band again.
Old 10-23-06, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
Drummer: New Pumpkins Music 'Sounding Fantastic'

Smashing Pumpkins drummer Jimmy Chamberlin has broken his silence about the reunited band's new album, which, as previously reported, will feature production by Roy Thomas Baker (Queen). Still up in the air is who, if anyone, Chamberlin and Pumpkins mainman Billy Corgan are playing with in the studio.

"I'm here to tell you that great things are on track for the future," Chamberlin wrote on the Pumpkins' Myspace.com page. "As some of you know we are indeed creating music again -- music that comes from a place so pure it will burn the lies off the very souls of those who try to discount it. We have arrived at a place in our lives where truth and honesty prevail and we are creating from that place."

Last week, the band was tracking drums, which Chamberlin describes as "a bit like going to another planet for four or five or nine minutes." Following a sting with Baker, the Pumpkins are now collaborating with producer Terry Date (Soundgarden, Deftones).

"The universe has a way of letting you know that things are right by introducing people like [Baker] and Terry into the fold," Chamberlin wrote, adding that the new music is "sounding fantastic. It's all part of one big cosmic journey, in so that everyone reading this is hitching their silver chord to the Great Pumpkin Space Train!"

No release date or label affiliation has been announced for the as-yet-untitled new album. It is presumed the Pumpkins will tour in support of it sometime next year.

BILLBOARD.com
Old 10-23-06, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Haha, that's one of the most arrogant things I think I've ever read, gimme a break...
Old 10-24-06, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
Haha, that's one of the most arrogant things I think I've ever read, gimme a break...
Someone doesn't get tongue in cheek.
Old 11-21-06, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Smashing Pumpkins Summon 'Symphony' In Studio

The Smashing Pumpkins are more than halfway home on their first album since 2000, according to posts from drummer Jimmy Chamberlin on the group's MySpace.com site. "We have been working day and night in the studio and I am happy to say that the drums are finished!," he wrote earlier this month. "After almost a year of work, to finally sit down and listen to the drum takes, one after another, was a truly joyful experience."

Last week, he chronicled a "magnificent guitar symphony" from Billy Corgan featuring "eight guitars resonating in one big harmonic handshake. It is still ringing in my ears this morning."

His posts carefully worded to avoid any mention of song titles or acknowledgement of who, if anybody, is working with he and Corgan in the studio, Chamberlin has also thanked "the Grateful Dead, Rush [and] Billy Thorpe for their guidance in this hour of need."

"I can honestly say that this has been one of the most musically satisfying and spiritually rewarding trips I have ever been on," he added.

Produced by Roy Thomas Baker and Terry Date, the as-yet-untitled album is expected in late spring, with a tour to follow. No label affiliation has yet been announced; Corgan has released all of his post-Pumpkins work on Reprise.

BILLBOARD.com
Old 11-22-06, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i. Cant. WAIT!!!!!!!!
Old 12-25-06, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i was a poor student that couldn't afford tickets when they came around back then. now i'm older with some $$ and i'll definitely pay for front-row seats when they tour in the spring. I CAN'T WAIT!
Old 12-26-06, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by peon73
i was a poor student that couldn't afford tickets when they came around back then. now i'm older with some $$ and i'll definitely pay for front-row seats when they tour in the spring. I CAN'T WAIT!
I believe it will be a bit later than spring before they tour in the US. I imagine it will still be another few months before the album is entirely done. Then there was mention of them going to Europe to play a few festivals. I'd be more inclined to think that their first real tour in the US will be in the fall of '07 at the earliest.
Old 01-04-07, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Corgan Weighs In On New Pumpkins Album

Billy Corgan has taken to the Smashing Pumpkins' MySpace.com site to weigh in on the group's reunion album, expected out in late spring or early summer. "This year for us will see a new album of songs and a world tour of tears, and we truly look forward to playing again for fans young, old, and missed," Corgan said in a posting yesterday (Jan. 2).

"So yes, tunes are being dusted off, while others are being asked to kindly submit to an upstart millennia and all it's asking," he continued. "When we opened the lid on this music box, we were pleasantly surprised at the music that played: familiar yet unknown, welcoming but not sentimental ... and that is all we can ask."

There has still been no announcement of what label is releasing the disc, but it is likely to be Warner Bros. or Reprise, which issued Corgan's 2005 solo album "TheFutureEmbrace." It has also not been revealed who else besides Corgan and drummer Jimmy Chamberlin are now in the band.

"For many years there were private laments about opportunities missed and hearts so broken, but no more ... we have turned the page and moved on, from places and faces, names and games," Corgan said. "This age calls for resolve and certitude, and the fire within to burn ever bright. If that fire should be connected to absolutely deafening guitars, thundering drums and the melodies of snakes, then so be it!"

BILLBOARD.com
Old 01-04-07, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
That is the goofiest wording in a statement I think I have ever heard. That said, bring it on.
Old 01-04-07, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's amazing how he can say something without saying anything at all.

All I wanna know is if this new stuff is going to be similar in sound to that overproduced/filtered "last" album, or if it is going to be similar to the first four albums in sound.
Old 01-05-07, 08:32 PM

Billy Corgan and Courtney Love? Wtf.

http://www.tmz.com/2007/01/05/dirty-rocker-love/
Old 01-06-07, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SeekOnce
Billy Corgan and Courtney Love? Wtf.

http://www.tmz.com/2007/01/05/dirty-rocker-love/
Yeah, she dated him in the past and he actually wrote a lot the songs for Hole's last album.

Courtney's a starfucker.
Old 01-06-07, 09:50 AM

They were together before she marrried Cobain and have had an up and down friendship since then. He wrote some songs on Celebrity Skin and also some for her upcoming album.

-Paul Jacobi-
Old 01-06-07, 01:20 PM

I know their history but why?

Why would anyone go back with that skank?
Old 01-06-07, 01:40 PM
Banned

Why would anyone go back with that skank?
Yeah, especially someone that undeniably oozes raw sex appeal like Billy Corgan?

Oh, wait.
Old 01-26-07, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

this was posted on the pumpkins' myspace:

*****OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT*****

The Smashing Pumpkins have made their first official announcement of an appearance in 2007. The band will headline both Rock am Ring (6/2/07) and Rock im Park (6/3/07) Festivals in Germany. Tickets are available beginning on Saturday, January 27, 2007. Tickets can be purchased by visiting http://www.tickets-per-post.de/ticke...-post/Main.php.

Check out the festival website for more information http://www.rock-am-ring.com. Stay tuned for many more announcements…
Old 02-11-11, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts
Re: Smashing Pumpkins to reform

D'arcy Wretzky has moved on to more productive pursuits

Ex-"Smashing Pumpkins" bassist D'arcy Wretzky is currently behind bars in Michigan -- and TMZ has learned, it's all because several horses on her farm broke free ... and ran amok in her town.

The incident occurred back in 2009. D'arcy's ex-boyfriend Jeff Khoshaba tells us ... the horses somehow got out of their enclosures. The neighbors flipped out and called the cops.

We're told D'arcy was ticketed for the crime of "Animals Running at Large" ... but she forgot to pay, and then missed four consecutive court dates ... triggering a bench warrant for her arrest.

The law finally caught up with D'arcy, who was cuffed on Tuesday. Local law enforcement sources tell us she's being held on four counts of failure to appear in court on the ticket.

She's scheduled to be released on Valentine's Day.
http://www.tmz.com/2011/02/10/smashi...-bench-warrant

Old 02-11-11, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yikes, with that pic I figured she was busted for Meth or something.
Old 02-11-11, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

Old 02-11-11, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.