Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Iced Earth - Gettysburg DVD

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-05, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just noticed it was released last Tuesday! I just ordered it and thought I'd give a heads-up to others.
Old 06-21-05, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just got this in from DDD today. I noticed on the back that it says it's in PAL format. This doesn't bother me as my player can handle PAL, but I'm wondering about everyone else who doesn't have a player that can do the conversion. Haven't had a chance to watch yet, but I'm sure it'll be interesting.
Old 06-21-05, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much Richard Christy stuff is there? He's one of my favorite drummers, so I'll probably pick it up just to see him. I've heard that it's not historically accurate, but I'm not a civil war buff or anything, so I could care less. I'm also pretty sure it's available R1 here in the US.
Old 06-21-05, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What do you think of Richard Christy on the Howard Stern show? I often get a kick when they start talking about his "other life" in the music world.
Old 06-21-05, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Dvd is basically a history lesson by John Shaffer with 2 videos thrown in. I think it would have made more sense if they released a concert DVD with the Gettysburg material as a bonus feature.
Old 06-22-05, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
What do you think of Richard Christy on the Howard Stern show? I often get a kick when they start talking about his "other life" in the music world.
I don't listen to Howard (although it's not because I don't like him or anything) but a friend of mine told me that when Korn was on the show, one of the interns or someone ran in and announced that Richard said he was better than David Silveria (Korn drummer) and Richard said "I never said I was better than he was, I just said I could play that way too" and then got down on a 3 piece kit in the studio and ripped into a jaw-dropping solo. That's pretty cool.