Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

New Madonna: Confessions On A Dance Floor 11/05 [re-titled]

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 06-03-05, 10:19 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Madonna has signed a $9.5 million deal to launch her own perfume range to coincide with the release of her new album Defying Gravity.
The Material Girl is following in the footsteps of fellow pop stars J.Lo and Britney by releasing her own scent - originally titled Madonna.
Both the perfume and new album - the follow-up to 2003ís American Life - have been carefully planned to simultaneously hit stores in November, ready for the Christmas shopping boom.
The Kabbalah devotee will be performing at Londonís star-studded LIVE 8 gig in Hyde Park on 2 July.

Last edited by digitalfreaknyc; 07-06-05 at 10:54 PM.
Old 06-03-05, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

New album, great, looking forward to it. Hopefully she won't skip MI this time if there's a tour.
Old 06-03-05, 12:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hope the new album sounds like her collaboration with Mirwais for the "Music" album - I really dig those songs.
Old 06-03-05, 02:07 PM
Banned

God help her and fucking Mirwais. If I have to listen to another album of that sound again, i'm going to go nuts. Music was good...but together with AL, they were the two weakest albums of her career. Apparently others agree as well. ROL with William Orbit was IMHO the best she's done.

FYI, rumor has it that there are only 8 songs on it...but I seriously doubt that's the case. That'd be a ridiculously short album.
Old 06-03-05, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
God help her and fucking Mirwais. If I have to listen to another album of that sound again, i'm going to go nuts. Music was good...but together with AL, they were the two weakest albums of her career. Apparently others agree as well. ROL with William Orbit was IMHO the best she's done.

FYI, rumor has it that there are only 8 songs on it...but I seriously doubt that's the case. That'd be a ridiculously short album.

jeesh, digi, don't have a cow.

8 songs does sound kind of short, unless they are all like extended dance remixes
Old 06-03-05, 03:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Giles
jeesh, digi, don't have a cow.

8 songs does sound kind of short, unless they are all like extended dance remixes
haha...you're dealing with a HARDCORE madonna fan. And the scary part is that I know worse than me. People who went to almost every north american show for DW and Reinvention tours.
Old 06-03-05, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)

A-fuckin'-men brother! I liked Music, but AL really suckdidilyucked. Thanks Mirwais!

And while I did like ROL, it still comes nowhere near Like A Prayer.
Old 06-03-05, 03:38 PM

okay digi, you're scaring me....
Old 06-03-05, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm depressed. I was always a Madonna fan and bought the cd's on Tuesdays and whatnot. But she really started to lose me as a fan with 1998's release Ray of Light. In 2000 when Music was released I was in total denial. I found myself defending Madonna but at the same time agreeing more with what her detracters had to say. I let GHV2 pass the next year because I owned that music and was not impressed with it as I was the Immaculate Collection. I bought American Life but only listened to it once as Madonna had left behind completly the music to make a political album. It was the pinnacle of where her music had been heading since 1998. I think she realized some of that by releasing Remixed & Revisited but I let that one slide also.

Unless she strays from her politcal agenda and makes an hearted attempt to the music it seems Defying Gravity will soar to the heavens without me.
Old 06-03-05, 05:52 PM

I bought every studio album of hers up to and including Music. What I heard of AL was dreadful so I took a pass. I'll be curious how the new one sounds, but I don't have any hopes one way or the other.
Old 06-03-05, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Material Girl is following in the footsteps of fellow pop stars J.Lo and Britney by releasing her own scent - originally titled Madonna.
Yeah, real original title.
Old 06-03-05, 08:26 PM
Banned

powerbomb, she LOST you with ROL? My god, without a doubt that was her best album ever IMHO.
Old 06-04-05, 10:00 AM

haha...you're dealing with a HARDCORE madonna fan. And the scary part is that I know worse than me. People who went to almost every north american show for DW and Reinvention tours.
If you don't you better ask somebody. You are the Talk Madonna expert.

I loved ROL, Music was good too.

Have you heard who's working with her this time.
Old 06-06-05, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Does the title describe her acting career or her face?

(I'm sure that's the last time you'll hear that joke. Well, except that she is a joke herself, of course.)
Old 06-06-05, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)

Make sure you pick up after yourself..
Old 06-06-05, 11:02 PM

music is an awesome album, one of her best. AL was "OK", but by no-means terrible.
Old 06-07-05, 10:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by iggystar

Have you heard who's working with her this time.
Mirwais *gag* again. I'm really OVER that man and she needs to never work with him again.

Other than that, I'm not sure. I think there have been rumors but nothing solid.

I'm guessing we'll get a taste of one of the new songs at Live 8 but who knows. When she did the original Live Aid, she "previewed" Love Makes The World Go Round which was to be on the True Blue album. It was the world premiere and actually the only time the song was ever sung live. So it's possible she might do the same thing this time out.
Old 06-07-05, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just out of curiosity and with no malice intended, are there any straight males that still listen to Madonna?
Old 06-07-05, 10:56 AM

Or how about the fact that I have to take my membership card wherever I go because I don't listen to her.

much
Old 06-07-05, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by cungar
Just out of curiosity and with no malice intended, are there any straight males that still listen to Madonna?
I'm by no means a superfan, but I think Ray of Light is an excellent album. And I listen to The Immaculate Collection every now and then. Music was just "eh" to me. Those are the only three discs of hers that I have. I listened to a stream of American Life and didn't like it all.

Oh, and I'm straight.

Personally, I think she should ditch Mirwais and have William Orbit be her sole collaborator again.
Old 06-07-05, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"Defying Gravity"- sheesh.

So, she's now jumping on the Broadway bandwagon and doing an album based on "Wicked"? Way to keep up with the times, Maddy. The play was trendy LAST YEAR...

-jason
Old 06-07-05, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fuzzbox
"Defying Gravity"- sheesh.

So, she's now jumping on the Broadway bandwagon and doing an album based on "Wicked"? Way to keep up with the times, Maddy. The play was trendy LAST YEAR...

-jason
I was just about to ask was she covering "Defy Gravity". Just saw Wicked last week.
Old 06-08-05, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
On today's (June 8) episode of ABC's "The View," Madonna revealed she is hoping to release her as-yet-untitled 10th studio album in late October or early November via Warner Bros. She added that the album will consist of all dance music, and that she aims to mount a tour in the summer of 2006.

Late last month, the artist's Web site confirmed she was in the studio, but did not elaborate on contributors or song titles. A DVD chronicling Madonna's massively successful 2004 Re-Invention tour is also expected later this year.

In related news, the artist tells "Extra" that she will perform three songs at the London edition of the Live 8 benefit on July 2, including "Ray of Light" and "Like a Prayer."

[BILLBOARD.com]
Old 06-09-05, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
In related news, the artist tells "Extra" that she will perform three songs at the London edition of the Live 8 benefit on July 2, including "Ray of Light" and "Like a Prayer."
Old 06-09-05, 11:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cungar
Swear to god, i've never met one. I don't believe they exist. They're AT LEAST bi.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.