DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Volume II: 'Live 8' Benefit Concerts - the broadcasts (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/424738-volume-ii-live-8-benefit-concerts-broadcasts.html)

atlantamoi 07-02-05 07:54 AM

Just started watching the German broadcast on AOL and have seen about 10 minutes of talking so far. But at least we can see this online if nowhere else for the moment. With my headphones on the sound seems pretty good.

atlantamoi 07-02-05 08:16 AM

Woo hooo U2! Wish I could wake up every morning like this.

GuessWho 07-02-05 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
Do we have stage times and set lists for any of the acts yet?

Bon Jovi rehearsed the following at soundcheck

'Livin' On A Prayer', 'It's My Life' and 'Have A Nice Day'

LorenzoL 07-02-05 08:23 AM

I got a high speed connection at home but I can't seem to connect through the AOL feed.

Good thing CTV is airing the performances all day.

Brain Stew 07-02-05 08:30 AM

I'm going to the Philly show around 2.

TomOpus 07-02-05 08:41 AM

It's kinda cool being able to select which city you want to watch. Unfortunately, it means you have to miss stuff. Hopefully a nice DVD release will be forthcoming.

Hmmm looks like they have their city links messed up on the website. I have to click Rome to get London.

Edit: Well, they must've fixed it but the fix didn't take until I restarted the page. Weird.... ohwell. Dido's cute :)

digitalfreaknyc 07-02-05 10:28 AM

So who's been on thus far? U2, Paul Mccartney, REM, Green Day....who else?

deadlax 07-02-05 10:29 AM

coldplay, audioslave

digitalfreaknyc 07-02-05 10:34 AM

this seriously sucks. i don't know why they didn't do it like they did it last time. I'm having to watch it on my freakin computer and pick and choose where i want to watch.

The Cow 07-02-05 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
this seriously sucks. i don't know why they didn't do it like they did it last time. I'm having to watch it on my freakin computer and pick and choose where i want to watch.

Open some more browser windows. You can watch them all at once if you want.

LorenzoL 07-02-05 10:55 AM

On tv, they are showing Bryan Adams performance now.

Third Baseman 07-02-05 10:57 AM

:bow: Kaiser Chiefs!

LorenzoL 07-02-05 11:04 AM

They don't even bother mentioning that the event is taking place in Barrie, Ontario. They are just calling Ontario, Canada. :lol:

The Cow 07-02-05 11:04 AM

OK, the finger snap is annoying.

astrochimp 07-02-05 11:06 AM

People are so stupid in large groups,they are showing how every 3 seconds a child dies and people applaud as they see certain celebs on the screen,thats not the point people.

TomOpus 07-02-05 11:06 AM

It's on MTV now.

It's cool to see Will Smith asking the world to snap and then seeing it happening at the other cities.

LorenzoL 07-02-05 11:08 AM

CTV showing performance by Travis now.

LorenzoL 07-02-05 11:12 AM

Does anybody know what was the symbolism with the blue stripe that Michael Stipe had on his face?

digitalfreaknyc 07-02-05 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
Does anybody know what was the symbolism with the blue stripe that Michael Stipe had on his face?

He wanted to look like Boy George in Taboo :)

mrpayroll 07-02-05 11:16 AM

:wtf: MTV?

They have 8 hours of Live 8 Programming and it looks like we are only going to get about 4 hours of music. They are showing their regular commercials and those stupid ass VJ's are the most annoying assholes that I've ever seen. And I don't want to see them interviewing people in the audience.

This is the biggest fucked up thing I've seen so far! MTV should be ashamed of themselves taking advantage of this situation to promote their VJ's, their programming and of course making more money from selling commercials. This whole concert was not about money, but about awareness.

Fuck you MTV!

Chris

sauce07 07-02-05 11:19 AM

Fuck MTV, Watch online. your choice on who to watch

mrpayroll 07-02-05 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by sauce07
Fuck MTV, Watch online. your choice on who to watch

Where do I watch? AOL? I'm no longer a member with them.

Chris

The Cow 07-02-05 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
Fuck you MTV!
Chris

:up:

kyzersoze11 07-02-05 11:22 AM

who did coldplay back up and what was the name of the song

mrpayroll 07-02-05 11:22 AM

So, so far we've had 2 complete (almost) performances of songs in the first 25 minutes on fucking MTV. They are complete assholes and have already ruined the viewing experience. What was the stupid highlights package that they have put together. 30 seconds of bands playing their songs???????

Chris