Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Velvet Revolver Live

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Velvet Revolver Live

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-05, 11:20 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Velvet Revolver Live

Anyone else catch them recently! I caught them tonight, was in the pit, dead center 4 to 5 peopel back from the front. What a fucking awesome show, maybe the best I've seen.

Weiland is still the best front man I've every seen, as I concluded after seeing STP. Only Perry Farrel from Jane's Addiction even comes close out of bands I've seen.

They play a great set list as well. It's the same every night and is listed below.

Sucker Train Blues
Do it For The Kids
Headspace
Superhuman
Crackerman (STP)
Illegal I
Fall To Pieces
Dirty Little Thing
Big Machine
It's So Easy (GnR)
Sex Type Thing (STP)
Set Me Free

Encore Break

Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd Cover)
You Got No Right

Encore Break

Mr. Brownstone (GnR)
Slither
Old 05-22-05, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw them a week ago at Jones Beach in Long Island. The set was the same right down to the Pink Floyd cover (as stated above) and it was awesome. I know that in Rockford, ILL a few weeks ago, Rick and Bun from Cheap Trick joined VR for "Surrender".

One of my favorite parts when I saw them was when Matt Sorum teased the drum intro to "You Could Be Mine" just before going into "Mr. Brownstone".
Old 05-23-05, 05:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
They play a great set list as well. It's the same every night and is listed below.
maybe i'm just spoiled by liking a lot of bands that change things up every night, but i find it really disappointing when a band i like plays the exact same show every night. i mean, doesn't it get boring going up there and being a robot every night? show some creativity...

fyi, this is not a threadcrap. i happen to like VR, and i just found it disappointing to hear this..
Old 05-23-05, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I saw them too (in Cleveland). Although they employ the same setlist every night I was sooooo impressed with their set. I have some pics of the shows, if anyone can trade or wants some, contact me.
Old 05-23-05, 01:00 PM
Retired

Yeah, they have total energy on all songs, they don't appear to be getting bored with it.

I guess the same set list would suck for those that want to see them multiple times. But only seeing them once this year, I have no problems with it.
Old 05-23-05, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
and also, they do have a limited set to begin with (is'nt Axl the reason why they can't play more well known g&r songs?)

i was at that show too (far left side), oh yeah, I was wondering, I know they said it, but the opening act Modern Day Zero, what was the g&r song did they mutilate? (and stunk up the place with a horrid cover of "whole lot of love"
Old 05-23-05, 03:35 PM
Retired

I don't know. I missed part of their set, and I'm not a G&R fan so I probably wouldn't have recognized it anyway.
Old 05-23-05, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
also, how the hell did you get pit tix? I got my seat on the first day they were availibile, and they put me in front of a poll, but thankfully the people next to me didnt' show, so i got a better view.
Old 05-23-05, 03:42 PM
Retired

I believe there was a presale.

Most Merriweather shows have one, and they come in the 9:30 club e-mail list (owned by the same company).

If you were in on the presale, just bad luck for your I guess.
Old 05-24-05, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I saw them on Sunday here in Charlotte. Simply amazing! Great solid rock show. Slash is just awesome to watch.
Old 06-08-05, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
Velvet Revolver Cuts European Tour Short

Velvet Revolver has scrapped the final five shows of its ongoing European tour, but a spokesperson is denying reports that the band has broken up. The trek began June 3 in Germany and was scheduled to run through July 10, but will now close July 2 at the London edition of the Live 8 benefit.

A spokesperson told the Associated Press the route was being changed to accommodate "family obligations" and "pre-production work" on the group's sophomore RCA album. She added that oft-troubled frontman Scott Weiland "is not back on drugs."

Velvet Revolver is on the road in support of its 2004 debut, "Contraband," which debuted at No. 1 on The Billboard 200. Although reports have hinted at tension between Weiland and guitarist Slash, the latter artist told Billboard.com earlier this year that Velvet Revolver had recharged his faith in being in a band.

"It was so confining in [Guns N' Roses], especially the last half of the band's career," he said. "There were so many things we could have done, but they would just never get done. In this band, we're like kids in a candy store."

As previously reported, the group will contribute a new song, "Come On Come In," to the "Fantastic Four" soundtrack, due July 5 via Wind-Up.

[BILLBOARD.com]
Old 06-09-05, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
Velvet Revolver Cuts European Tour Short

A spokesperson told the Associated Press the route was being changed to accommodate "family obligations" and "pre-production work" on the group's sophomore RCA album. She added that oft-troubled frontman Scott Weiland "is not back on drugs."

[BILLBOARD.com]
So I guess that means that Scott is back on drugs. Shame.
Old 06-13-05, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts
Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
So I guess that means that Scott is back on drugs. Shame.
I thought that sounded familiar as well. Hopefully being in a different band means that is acutally the truth. I had hopes that these guys would last quite a while.