DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   The U2 Vertigo 2005 Tour (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/415866-u2-vertigo-2005-tour.html)

IDrinkMolson 10-18-05 07:40 AM

Saw them for the first time last night in Philadelphia. Awesome show. The biggest highlight of the evening though was the Boss, Bruce Spingsteen, coming out to sit in on People Get Ready!! Bruce's wife Patti Scialfa came out and sung harmony.
From what everyone was saying on the radio on the way home, they thought this was the best show of the 4 in Philly.

Mr. Self Destruct 10-18-05 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Saw them for the first time last night in Philadelphia. Awesome show. The biggest highlight of the evening though was the Boss, Bruce Spingsteen, coming out to sit in on People Get Ready!! Bruce's wife Patti Scialfa came out and sung harmony.
From what everyone was saying on the radio on the way home, they thought this was the best show of the 4 in Philly.

I was there too! It was an awesome show--I saw them twice before on this tour (once in Philly, once in NY) and this was the best of all of them. I was really surprised they sang "Miss Sarajevo" and "Fast Cars"..both were nice surprises. I wish just once in all of the shows I've been too they could do "All I want Is You"...but regardless, great time!

travlr 10-18-05 08:38 AM

I'm going tomorrow night for the first of the DC shows. I have crappy tickets though. Oh well it should still be a good time since I'm going with a bunch of friends who have never seen U2 before. I just hope it's not like last tour and I pick the wrong night of the two and miss 40 somewhere in all the encores.

BDB 10-18-05 09:39 AM

I need to find my tickets for november, I just realised I can't locate them that will not be pleasant

GuessWho 10-26-05 06:45 PM

new video of U2 onstage with Oprah, George Bush, Tony Blair, and the Pope

http://www.mothergooserocks.com/headandshoulders.html

FM 10-27-05 08:13 AM

Everyone else in the video looks great, but what the hell is up with Adam? His hair wasn't that long even in the mullet years!

Chrisedge 07-20-06 02:49 PM

U2’s Vertigo Tour Hits The Road Again!
It's official! At last we can confirm the rescheduled Vertigo//2006 shows. U2 will hit the road again in November. Starting in Brisbane on November 7th , U2 will play further dates in Australia, New Zealand and Japan before finishing in Hawaii on December 9.

Kanye West will join the band in Australia and New Zealand while Special Guests, Pearl Jam will join Rocco and the Devils for December 9 in Honolulu.

These show dates are rescheduled following the postponement of Vertigo//2006 earlier in the year. For full ticket information in your area please see below.

“We are very happy to announce the rescheduling and appreciate everyone’s patience.” said Arthur Fogel, of TNA.

The Vertigo Tour opened in San Diego in March 2005, is set for a grand finish in Hawaii with the addition of Pearl Jam.

“It’s going to be a great night in Hawaii,” said Paul McGuinness, U2’s manager. “The band are really pleased Pearl Jam could join the bill, a great end to what has already been a very successful tour.”

The new show dates are as follows:

Auckland - Ericsson Stadium - (Old Date) Friday, March 17th/06 - (New Date) Friday, November 24/06

Auckland - Ericsson Stadium - (Old Date) Saturday, March 18th/06 - (New Date) Saturday, November 25/06

Brisbane - QSAC Stadium - (Old Date) Tuesday, March 21st/06 - (New Date) Tuesday, November 7/06

Melbourne - Telstra Dome - (Old Date) Friday, March 24th/06 - (New Date) Saturday, November 18/06

Melbourne - Telstra Dome - (Old Date) Saturday, March 25th/06 - (New Date) Sunday, November 19/06

Adelaide - AAMI Stadium - (Old Date) Tuesday, March 28th/06 - (New Date) Thursday, November 16/06

Sydney - Telstra Stadium - (Old Date) Friday, March 31st/06 - (New Date) Friday, November 10/06

Sydney - Telstra Stadium - (Old Date) Saturday, April 1st/06 - (New Date) Saturday, November 11/06

Honolulu - Aloha Stadium - (Old Date) Saturday, April 8/06 - (New Date) Saturday, December 9/06

In Tokyo, 3 New Show Dates have been confirmed

Tokyo - Saitama Super Arena - Wednesday, November 29th/06
Tokyo - Saitama Super Arena - Thursday, November 30th/06
Tokyo - Saitama Super Arena - Monday, December 4th/06

Chrisedge 07-26-06 12:47 PM

I just booked Hawaii. There for the beginning and there for the end.