DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Fiona Apple's Extraordinary Machine finally fully leaked (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/414153-fiona-apples-extraordinary-machine-finally-fully-leaked.html)

The World is Square 03-14-05 06:17 PM

Fiona Apple's Extraordinary Machine finally fully leaked

Anyone heard this wonderful album that for some reason has still yet to be released?

auto 03-14-05 06:32 PM

If this is true that it is fully leaked and it is this good then it will be released.

89981 03-14-05 07:37 PM

where can i get it?

89981 03-14-05 07:45 PM

never mind i got it.

kilcher 03-15-05 04:58 AM

I've only skimmed over it but I think it sucks for the most part. :( The music is way too overbearing. Same complaint I had about Tori's albums after Under The Pink. I'll have to give it some time though, it might grow on me.

woofman 03-15-05 08:56 AM

I look forward to hearing it. How does it compare to her last one?

Coral 03-15-05 09:02 AM

I think it's a very good CD. There are a couple songs that havent grown on me yet - but the other ones are very catchy.

I'd probably say it was a notch below "When the Pawn..." - but that's really a compliment.

So far she hasnt repeated herself - and this time she's made more of a change to her sound.

I'll purchase this when it eventually gets released.

Meatpants 03-15-05 09:34 AM

There are two copies floating around - one sounds like a low quality rip, the other is cd quality.

I think it's good, as good as her other two. I just don't see the logic in not releasing a finished cd - even if it "only" sells 10 copies, isn't that better than getting no ROI? :confused:

Jason Bovberg 03-15-05 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Meatpants
There are two copies floating around - one sounds like a low quality rip, the other is cd quality.

I think it's good, as good as her other two. I just don't see the logic in not releasing a finished cd - even if it "only" sells 10 copies, isn't that better than getting no ROI? :confused:

Can somebody send me a link to the CD-quality download? I suck at finding these things. And rest assured, I will buy this when it comes out. I'm a big fan.

lostatmidnight 03-15-05 10:01 AM

again, sounds like a natural progression from 'When the Pawn', Brion's kooky orchestration and production, layers of sounds, the soundtrack to a hallucinogenic mary poppins movie...

all sorts of theories why this was leaked---though, it was only a matter of time.

jason: check your email.

Jason Bovberg 03-15-05 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by lostatmidnight
jason: check your email.

Thanks, LAM!

voltes5 03-15-05 11:34 AM

Can someone please send me a link to the CD-quality download as well?
email: [email protected]

I actually heard a few of the low-quality ones but I could not stand listening to them due to the quality.
Although I really liked 'Oh, Sailor' and 'Waltz'!

Thanks in advance...

Tscott 03-15-05 11:35 AM

I found it and am enjoying it. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure the only versions I've come across are the not CD quality ones as volume levels tend to jump between tracks.

I'll keep looking for 'a better version of EM', so to speak...

NORML54601 03-15-05 01:28 PM

I'd appreciate an email with the hq link too please ([email protected])! Have been eagerly awaiting this one!

89981 03-15-05 01:35 PM

Can someone please email me also with the cd quality version the one i got seems to be really low quality.

auto 03-15-05 01:44 PM

^^ Same as above. Could someone please email me the hq link. [email protected]

Rogue588 03-15-05 02:06 PM

I'm sure i'll get used to the songs. But, is the one on the net - this "CD" quality one - a complete CD?

FrozenMetalHead 03-15-05 02:53 PM

^^ Appreciated as well. [email protected]

auto 03-15-05 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Rogue588
I'm sure i'll get used to the songs. But, is the one on the net - this "CD" quality one - a complete CD?

[homer]I think he's talking to you.[/homer]

KTIK 03-15-05 04:47 PM

I'd love to get this. Any of it. [email protected]

david12 03-15-05 05:37 PM

Anyone know the tracklist? Or is that just asking way too much of Sony?
(Sony right?)
ransom

Johnny Zhivago 03-15-05 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by david12
Anyone know the tracklist? Or is that just asking way too much of Sony?
(Sony right?)
ransom

http://www.fionaapple.org

It's (EM) pretty much all over the net by now folks... Just hit some Fionna Apple fan forums, it's not that complicated.

Listening to it now... It's quite good, maybe a little different, and a natural progression from When The Pawn... Stupid fucks at Sony. :mad:

auto 03-15-05 07:19 PM

still hoping for some love on the cd quality links.... [email protected]

dolphinboy 03-15-05 07:25 PM

If someone has or gets the link, please send it to me.

Thanks.

[email protected]

auto 03-15-05 07:28 PM

Sites are being shut down left and right. I've found plenty of the ones from radio but can't put my hands on the cd quality ones.

Tracklisting:

#1: Not About Love
#2: Red Red Red
#3: Get Him Back
#4: Better Version Of Me
#5: Oh Well
#6: Oh Sailor
#7: Used To Love Him
#8: Window
#9: Waltz
#10: Extraordinary Machine
#11: Please Please Please