Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Bruce Dickinson To Release Solo Album

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-05, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts

story here

By Sefany Jones, Editor
Friday, March 11, 2005 @ 8:26 AM

Iron Maiden Vocalist Bruce Dickinson To Release A Tyranny of Souls Solo CD in May (Europe)

As reported at MaidenFans.com:

The long-awaited Bruce Dickinson solo studio album is finally confirmed.

It will be named A Tyranny of Souls and will be released on May 23, 2005. The European release date is confirmed by the Spanish distribution company. It remains unknown if the rest of the world will get a simultaneous release.

Here's what the latest edition of UK Classic Rock as to say about this:

“Bruce Dickinson's sixth studio album has now been mixed. A Tyranny of Souls is the singer's first solo work since The Chemical Wedding in 1998 and his subsequent return to Iron Maiden. Overseen by Tribe of Gypsies guitarist Roy Z, who came to Dickinson having finished Priest's Angel of Retribution, it sees Bruce picking up where he left off seven years ago.

“’With this album, Maiden were completely off my radar scope,’ he told Classic Rock at an exclusive preview of the album, due on May 23. ‘I was worried that I couldn't follow ...Wedding, which was a real statement of identity for me. It needed to be very heavy, which it is, but also to throw a few different elements into the mix.’

“Typically for Dickinson, the album was born in unusual circumstances. Having been supplied with a set of Roy Z riffs, the singer wrote the lyrics in various hotel rooms while touring with Maiden. The music and vocals were recorded at Roy's house -- in a room containing just one bed. Bruce explains: ‘I'd ripped some muscles falling off stage and was in absolute agony. I had to lie down every few minutes.’

“Roy Z plays all the guitars, and an associate -- secretively called Maestro Mysterioso -- contributed the keyboard parts by email.

“While Chemical Wedding was largely inspired by the occult science of alchemy, a loose theme of aviation and sci-fi binds together Kill Devil Hill, Abduction and a number of others.

“With summer commitments to Iron Maiden, it's unknown when Dickinson will find the time to play any solo dates. He says: ‘A few years ago, I did some summer festival gigs. That might be another window of opportunity.’”
Old 03-14-05, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I'll say it: if Bruce Dickinson wants more cowbell, we give Bruce Dickinson more cowbell.
Old 03-14-05, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a fever. And the only prescription is more cowbell
Old 03-14-05, 01:36 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Interesting...curious as to how this'll play out.
Old 03-14-05, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Bruce Dickinson?

/obligatory
Old 03-14-05, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Hiro11
The Bruce Dickinson?

/obligatory
Damnit...you beat me to it...
Old 03-14-05, 06:25 PM

Sweeet!!!!!
Old 03-14-05, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I remember him mentioning it on the Headbangers Ball a few months ago during Maiden's tour.