Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

After listening to 50 Cent The Massacre

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 02-21-05, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a review of the cd from my perspectives after listening to it all day today. The cd is scheduled for a March 3rd release.

In My hood - this is the first song on the cd and is a pretty good song, the beat is a little getting used to but will grow on you after time.

This is 50 - Another good song but needs something to it. Maybe if he had Yayo or Banks in it it would of helped.

Im supposed to die tonight - This is one of my favorite songs of the whole CD. Nice beat with a little slow flow. Reminds me of Many Men.

Piggybank - This was the most talked about song for about a month. After hearing it I think it was all hype. Yeah he does talk about Fat Joe, Jadakiss, Nas, Shyne, ect..... I think he could of done better but nonetheless it is a good song with a nice beat.

Gatman and Robin - Real fast beat which was produced by Eminem. 50 and Em work real good together and I wish they would of made another song on this CD. Once again Eminem is the better of the two on this song.

Candy Shop - I don't think anybody needs a review of this song. It's all over the radio. This is probably the only song on the CD that is aimed more at the pop crowd.

Outta Control - Again the beat is great, probably because Dr. Dre made it. Mainly talks about being in da club.

Get in my car - A sequel to P.I.M.P. raps about picking up girls and his past relationships. The beat is a little too salsa like for me.

Ski Mask my way - Probably going to be his second single. Great song another favorite of mine. 50 really changes his flow in this one rapping pretty slow.

Baltimore love thing - At first you might be fooled when listening to him thinking his rapping about a girl when at the end you find out its him rapping about somebodys addiction to heroin. Word has it this is fiftys favorite song on the cd.

Ryder music - R&B beat. this is one of his melow songs (21 questions). Not to much to really pay attention on this song.

Disco Inferno - Again another song you can listen to on the radio. 50 actually leaked this song out on the internet after Interscope made him push back the CD.

Just a Lil' bit - WOW another crazy scott storch beat. Best song on the CD hands down. The beat sounds a little arabic. This is gonna be the song of the summer.

Gunz come out - another Dre produced beat. Shows off another one of 50's flow type.

My Toy soldier - another Eminem produced beat. 50 raps about the people that envy him and his toy soldiers which are the G-Unit members. Yayo make a guest apperance and really makes this song.

Position of Power - 50 just reminds us of how much money he has unless you haven't realized hes rich.

Build you up - Jamie Foxx sings the hook and does a really good job. another song you can just skip.

God gave me style - Nice song raps about his life before fame.

So Amazing - a song for the ladies. it sounds like the last songs he just put in to fill the CD.

I Don't need em - i don't know who hes rapping about in this one, but he makes it know that he doesnt need anybody that is trying to bring him down.

Hate it or love it remix - This is a remix of the same song on The Game's Cd. It has all of the G-Unit members. Great remix.

Overall I give it a 8/10. I think i'm one of the biggest 50 cent fans out there but there are songs on his mixtapes that are 10 times better than a lot of songs on this CD. I think he will sell alot but I don't consider it a classic or even as close to Get Rich Or Die Tryin'.

50 Cent - The Massacre

1. Intro
2. In My Hood
3. This Is 50
4. I'm Supposed To Die Tonight
5. Piggybank
6. Gatman And Robin
7. Candy Shop
8. Outta Control
9. Get In My Car
10. Ski Mask Way
11. A Baltimore Love Thing
12. Ryder Music
13. Disco Inferno
14. Just A Lil' Bit
15. Gunz Come Out
16. My Toy Soldier
17. Position Of Power
18. Build You Up
19. God Gave Me Style
20. So Amazing
21. I don't Need 'Em
22. Hate It Or Love It (Remix) (Featuring G-Unit)

http://img230.exs.cx/img230/1622/cov...cre18hi7nt.jpg
http://img228.exs.cx/img228/1052/backdraft22uj9cn.jpg

Last edited by neo247; 02-25-05 at 03:26 PM.
Old 02-21-05, 11:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i hate that goddamned "Candy Shop" years ago, although i dint like rap i bought a bootlegged Get Rich and thought he was good. Generic, but good. Now, not so much. I haven't purchased an album of his a. becuase i hate rap and b. becuase he just got too annoying. thats my "50 Cents"
Old 02-22-05, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

While I didn't expect much from the new 50 album, I expected it, at the very least, to be better than Eminem's Encore, which I found to be trite and lazy (except for a few of the Dr. Dre beats which were stellar as usual). After a couple of listens, I don't even know if those expectations have been met. Not that it's really bad, but it's not very good either. Outside of the Hate It Or Love It Remix, the last 4th of the album is complete filler. The two most heavily hyped tracks, Piggy Bank and Baltimore Love Thing, were fairly disapointing to say the least. Piggy Bank is not the Takeover-type diss track that's been rumored about for the past few months, but merely 50 throwing light jabs at a couple of mcs much more skilled than himself (Nas and Jadakiss) and picking on a couple more (Fat Joe and Shyne) who he knows probably can't defend themselves against him and his G-Unit minions (who he basically humilates by calling them his "toy soldiers" on the "My Toy Soldier" - how can rappers who are much better than 50 - Banks, Game, Buck - let him shit on them like this?). I guess Shyne should have expected the retaliation seeing as how he had a phoned-in 50 diss on his last lp. In recent interviews, 50's been hyping up his "Baltimore Love Thing" as his version of Nas' classic "I Gave You Power" where Nas raps from the perspective of a gun. In "Baltimore" 50 raps from the perspective of a drug. Outside of a few clever lines (name dropping music royalty like Hendrix, Gaye, and Cobain) a weak beat sabotages the track and it never rises above mediocrity. Outside the pathetically obvious female targeted tracks, the biggest crime of the disc has to be "I Don't Need 'Em" which uses the exact same sample and break the Ghostface used last year (and yielded much better results) on "Metal Lungies." A skilled rapper such as Jay-Z can get away with something like this because there really isn't anyone on his level (the whole P.S.A/Black Moon fiasco), but someone should have warned 50 that it isn't wise to put yourself in direct comparison with a rapper such a Ghost who can rhyme circles around him. Overall, on a scale of 10, my premature rating would be a 6.
Old 02-23-05, 08:20 AM

MTV
50 Cent's LP Pushed Up, Harsh 'Facts' Sound Like Disses On Leaked 'Piggy Bank'
02.22.2005 5:24 PM EST

Rapper's The Massacre due out five days early thanks to Internet, street leaks.
50 Cent's The Massacre

50 Cent may have missed the original target date of February 15 for the release of his Massacre LP, however, the project is now coming to stores earlier than its rescheduled March 8 release. With the album leaking to the Internet and streets on Monday, Interscope says to look for the latest 50 Cent LP a few days earlier, on March 3.

The track causing the most stir since the album hit the black market has been the highly anticipated "Piggy Bank." 50 has done a ton of press in advance of the song, telling the world he was going to state "facts" about Fat Joe, Nas, Jadakiss, Ja Rule and Shyne (see "All Eyes On 50 Cent: The Sequel").

What 50 calls "facts" some others will call "disses," as the G-Unit captain raps, "That fat n---a thought 'Lean Back' was 'In Da Club'/ My sh-- sold 11 mil, his sh-- was a dud/ Jada, don't f--- with me if you want to eat/ 'Cause I'll do your little ass like Jay did Mobb Deep."

Later, 50 takes aim at hip-hop's latest newlyweds, scoffing, "Kelis says her milkshake bring all the boys to the yard/ Then Nas went and tattooed the bitch on his arm."

As the record closes, 50 dares anyone who may have caught feelings because of the song to "do something now" — "You gotta so do something/ C'mon, man, everybody's listening."

Fat Joe says he will definitely respond to 50 Cent on his LP, All or Nothing, due March 3 (see "Fat Joe Pushes Back LP, Changes Title To All Or Nothing"). The other parties were unable to be reached for comment.

Watch the premiere of "All Eyes on 50 Cent: The Sequel" Sunday, February 27 at 10 p.m. ET on MTV, and come back to MTVNews.com to read our full feature on 50 that same night.

— Shaheem Reid
Old 02-23-05, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It would be impossible to match Get Rich so I wasnt expecting it to be as good,to me its a great follow up album,no way in hell could this album live up to it's hype,so with that in mind I feel its damm good,alot better then Bucks,Banks and Game's LPs which I thought where pretty good.
Old 02-24-05, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was hyped for this album because I felt 50 outrhymed Eminem on Em's album and also ripped it on The Game's album. Unfortunately I have to agree with kurupt: "The Massacre" is not terrible, it's just not good either. Song after song of plodding beats, the same sing-song type choruses - it was all I could do to not skip to the next song on my first few listens cuz I wanted to be sure to give it a complete listen a few times. I'm not sure there are more than 1 or 2 songs that are better than the worse 1 or 2 songs on "Get Rich...".

When I first heard Candy Shop and Disco Inferno I thought "OK, these aren't that great, but maybe like what happened with The Game's album, the first single isn't a true representation of the rest of the album". Turns out I was right, but in a bad way. While I feel that "How We Do" is maybe one of the worse songs on The Documentary(which I love), "Candy Shop" turns out to be one of the best songs on The Massacre. Other than that, the only song that truly gets my head nodding is the remix of "Hate it or Love It" - my favorite song on The Documentary. I give this album a 5/10 - disappointed not that it didn't match "Get Rich.." (an impossible feat probably), more because it didn't even match 50's efforts elsewhere in the last 6 months.

As an aside, as Cube once told Dre "yo Dre, stick to producing", someone needs to say "yo Em, stick to rhyming". Enough of the same tired old production that sounds the exact same every time.
Old 02-24-05, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I like Gatman and Robin...the album doesn't seem as good as the first one the 1st listen through...
Old 02-24-05, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Meh, not that great. "Just a Lil Bit" is a great song, couple others are alright. Just weak compared to The Game's album.
Old 02-25-05, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Thanks for the review. I will pick it up but the game has not left my cd player since I picked it up.
Old 02-25-05, 03:35 PM

The Massacre is a great album, especially with Scott Starch production and Hi-Tek. It's also much better than the horrible "The Game" album, which everybody keeps praising. God how I hate the "The Game" album.
Old 02-25-05, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts
How many songs have "feat. ______" on them.
Old 02-25-05, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by deluis
The Massacre is a great album, especially with Scott Starch production and Hi-Tek. It's also much better than the horrible "The Game" album, which everybody keeps praising. God how I hate the "The Game" album.
I have yet to talk to one person in the real world that did not like the Game. But to each his own.
Old 03-01-05, 02:53 PM

The Game has a pretty good album out. But this 50 Cent album is trash, it's pretty bad and could be a huge blow to 50, especially with all his other problems right now. Interesting to see how this one sells, it isn't even close to Get Rich or Die Tryin'.
Old 03-01-05, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It will sell because he's 50 Cent. Just like Eminem's Encore...a medicocre album that sold millions of copies on a couple catchy singles and name recognition. That's my problem with 50...he trashes Jadakiss, saying that he (50) is better, basically because he sells more. So by that logic, the best rappers ever would be Hammer and Vanilla Ice. I also read that 50 has an interview in the new Vibe where he says that almost all the beats, concepts, and ideas used on the Game Documentary album were nothing but 50 Cent rejects. If that's true, I wouldn't be spreading it around because that album has much better beats and is much more heartfelt than The Massacre.
Old 03-01-05, 04:29 PM

Yeah he did say that and he sounds pretty bitter about The Game's album being waaaayyy better. Still, if 50 had those beats, his album would've been way better.
Old 03-01-05, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

After listening to the album about 20 times now I can say that is a really good LP,not GRoDT good but I agree with the poster about a 8/10,alot of these cuts just totally grew on me after a smoke out session the other night and was really feeling it.

And there is no way that the Game's album is better,talk about haveing filler in your LP The Game had about 5 or 6 filler type songs on his LP but it is still good,imo Young Bucks is the best G-Unit member when it comes to flowing,to each his own though.
Old 03-03-05, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I picked it up today did not like much of what I have heard. I will give it a few days.
Old 03-03-05, 10:20 PM

finally picked this up today, after one spin I don't think it's too bad.....so far standout tracks for me are Ski Mask Way, Baltimore Love Thing & Piggy Bank (that chorus has been in my head all day - say what you want but 50 knows how to write the hooks)
Old 03-03-05, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

this cd isnt half as good as games
my favs are ryder music (hi tek has the hot beats)
im supposed to die tonite
so amazing (bet its a single)
hate it or love it remix
and build you up

the rest of it is pretty much trash
Old 03-03-05, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by naseeb
say what you want but 50 knows how to write the hooks
agreed, although I dispute his claim that writing the hooks = writing the song (according to 50 in his beef with the Game: any rapper can write lyrics once the hook is in place, therefore 50 "wrote" 'Special' and 'Church for Thugs'). Anyway, I have bumped the rating I gave it earlier up a point or two because this album does quietly grow on you. Hell, the other night I woke up in the middle of the night and had 'I'm Supposed To Die Tonight' playing in my head

It's no classic (to paraphrase Jadakiss: "50 had to destroy Ja-Rule so he could start singin' like Ja"), but I have been playing it much more than I thought I would after the first few listens.
Old 03-04-05, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think its a great CD! Not as good ad GRoDT but its still pretty damn good. After i give it a few more spins, im sure it'll settle in much better. My av. tracks so far are Disco Inferno, Piggy Bank, Get In My Car and the G-Unit remix to Hate It or Love It.
Old 03-05-05, 03:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If this CD wasn't made by 50 Cent it would be called anywhere from one of the worst rap CDs to mediocre. But since its 50 and he is popular its still going to be praised and sell millions

meh
Old 03-05-05, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, it's pretty bad.
Old 03-05-05, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn't like it.
Old 03-05-05, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I love the new 50 album. It's got some great beats and pretty strong lyrics. I didn't like it much at first, but listening to it for the last week, it's really grown on me...unlike the Documentary which I thought had good beats, but shit lyrics and the Game's vocals straight up suck... Game ain't got nothing on 50.

MATT

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.