Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

[NEW] Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

[NEW] Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-05, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
i agree. not as good as the first (although with repeated listenings, it's getting up there), but better than the second.

puts you in a great mood.
Old 03-08-05, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With repeat listens, it comes very very close to the first one. Either way, an amazing CD any fan should own.
Old 03-08-05, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not as good as Brushfire Fairytales but it definatley gets better after a few spins. Track 7 is the best.
Old 03-08-05, 11:26 PM

Jack Johnson is really amazing. I think hes on tour with Dave Matthews this summer. Now thats one show I wish I could see. In response to his new album I think I like On and On slightly better but I'm liking his new one the more I hear it. Wish he would come to Canada more often!
Old 03-10-05, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by C_Fletch
Track 7 is the best.
Yes, this song, "Staple it Together" is cool as hell. I also discovered #14 this morning. I think its called "Constellations". I like that one a lot.

I very much doubt Jack is touring with DMB this year. Maybe a couple of shows on the West Coast, but I would be surprised if he did any others. And if they were, I don't know how psyched I 'd be. I like DMB as much as the next guy, but lets face it- their crowds suck. The last time I saw them, moe. was opening, and barely anybody was paying attention.
Old 03-10-05, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 809 Likes on 598 Posts
You all convinced me. I just ordered it from deepdiscountcd.com for $10.89. So I should have it in a little while.
Old 03-28-05, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i know i am kind of late.. but i didnt even know Dvdtalk had a musik talk forum ..
anyway, I've been a Jack Johnson fan for a long time, way before he started being considered "main stream".
Was I the only one who was dissapointed with In between dreams? I mean he REALLY went soft on this one.. which is a lot to say for Jack. He went even softer then his usual style down to just basic love song mellodies, with very basic guitar chords. I only like maybe 2-3 songs on the record.
I have to say i was really let down after a 2 year wait. i thought he could have done way better. Maybe i am just not all that excited about the new style change, but this album is by far the worst of the three for me.
By the way i love G-love, Mason Jenning, Frankerighter is not bad(who is basicalluy an exact copy of jack and is produced by jack)
Also, check out Roy Joseph.. he's a little country sounding but has a pretty good voice and some really light tunes and fun songs.