Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

When does a new Kayne West CD drop?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

When does a new Kayne West CD drop?

Old 09-09-05, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay, away from this thug/racism thing...

I think the album is okay...probably a 6 out of 10. I only heard his first one once, so I can't compare it to that.

A few things that I like about the album - Drive Slow, We Major (interesting that he did a song w/ Nas, considering the history between himself and Jay-Z), The Diamonds remix w/ Jay-Z, and Heard 'Em Say w/ Adam Levine.

A few things I didn't like - the skits - why rappers need to put skits in their CD's, I'll never know. Diamonds of Sierra Leone - do we really need two different versions on the same CD? Just put one on your next unofficial mixtape. Gold Digger - I hate this song. And why do CD's have 'hidden tracks'?

Anyway, those are my thoughts. 6/10. I'll have it banished from my CD player in under a month.

= J
Old 09-09-05, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BigDaddy
I think he said does not care about. I think it was a stupid thing to say but he is hardly a thug.
You never cease to amaze me, B-Dizzle.
Old 09-09-05, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Tarantino
Okay, away from this thug/racism thing...

I think the album is okay...probably a 6 out of 10. I only heard his first one once, so I can't compare it to that.

A few things that I like about the album - Drive Slow, We Major (interesting that he did a song w/ Nas, considering the history between himself and Jay-Z), The Diamonds remix w/ Jay-Z, and Heard 'Em Say w/ Adam Levine.

A few things I didn't like - the skits - why rappers need to put skits in their CD's, I'll never know. Diamonds of Sierra Leone - do we really need two different versions on the same CD? Just put one on your next unofficial mixtape. Gold Digger - I hate this song. And why do CD's have 'hidden tracks'?

Anyway, those are my thoughts. 6/10. I'll have it banished from my CD player in under a month.

= J
thanks for the heads up.

i can't stand the skits either. they really bog down the music, imo. maybe i'm just not thug enough!
Old 09-10-05, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
or maybe as a producer for other rappers.
Both his previous cd and the production for other rappers...although I do believe he did Shyne's More or Less which I kind of liked.
Old 09-10-05, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blaineo
" George Bush does not like black people"

Give me a break.

i wouldn't give this thug a nickle.
haha. You sound like my mom (a 60yr old woman who hasn't turned on the radio in ten years, and owns one Vince Gill cassette). haha

How about you learn two-bits about the guy before slandering him. Your criticism is unintelligable, misplaced, and undeserved.

IMO, there's only two or three intelligable, sincere mainsteam artists working in music today. Kanye is one of them.

Last edited by Troy Stiffler; 09-10-05 at 09:59 PM.
Old 09-10-05, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah pretty much everyone labeling him a thug has no clue. It's called racism.
Old 09-11-05, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by troystiffler
IMO, there's only two or three intelligable, sincere mainsteam artists working in music today. Kanye is one of them.
Out of how many? By "mainstream" you mean what genre? Kanye strikes me as being far from "sincere".

Since when did "thug" become a "racist" word? I do believe there are white, hispanic and asian thugs too. Then again, let's hear from the "intelligable" Mr. West in this month's Stuff magazine:

after being asked How do you feel about bling?

I'm not sure if we are allowed to say that word anymore. I think white people are allowed to say "bling". They are allowed to say all the old-school black slang, like "hottie" and "homie". Actually, I do not think that you all [white people] are allowed to use slang until it is at least a year old. If you say a slang word too early, it's like you're trying to be black. So as long as the slang is a little played out, you're all good. I do know what you are talking about, because I remember when we used to say "bling," about two years ago.
Or is "thug" another word African-American Rap* artists are "trying to take back"?

* [not Hip-Hop, there's a difference between the two]