DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Paul McCartney Halftime show and you decide who performs at Super Bowl? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/408659-paul-mccartney-halftime-show-you-decide-who-performs-super-bowl.html)

ShelleyLevene 02-07-05 02:35 AM

Paul McCartney Halftime show and you decide who performs at Super Bowl?

Live and Let Die and Hey Jude by Sir Paul are better than all the songs and performers combined during the 2004 Super Bowl.

I was surprises Gwen Stefani was not involved in any part of the preshow.

If I could choose, I would have Hatebreed, Ozzy, Motley Crue, and Judas Priest close out the halftime show.

That would never happen.

Ergyu 02-07-05 04:16 AM

That would be terrible. Especially the Motley part. No, really, the Motley part would suck.

Brain Stew 02-07-05 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by ShelleyLevene
If I could choose, I would have Hatebreed, Ozzy, Motley Crue, and Judas Priest close out the halftime show.

That would never happen.

Yeah, because it's not 1987 anymore :lol:

Paul McCartney did pretty good for what it was, a halftime show. It's not supposed to be good OR bad, it's just supposed to be.

GuessWho 02-07-05 10:32 AM

Yeah, because it's not 1987 anymore
Somebody told Paul it was 1967 :lol:

Brain Stew 02-07-05 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by GuessWho
Somebody told Paul it was 1967 :lol:

:lol: He's been milking the Beatles catalog bigtime now that George is dead he has a new wife and kiddie!

I can't entirely blame him though. His new albums don't sell so well and he gets almost all the profits from his sold-out hundred dollar Beatles concerts.

Gil Jawetz 02-07-05 11:39 AM

I'm not the biggest Beatles/Macca fan but I can respect it as a response to last year's fiasco and controversies like Ashlee Simpson and Lindsey Lohan. Plus it appealed to an older crowd who must find themselves baffled by most halftime shows these days.

Wick 02-07-05 03:20 PM

AC/DC

Michael Corvin 02-07-05 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Brain Stew
Yeah, because it's not 1987 anymore :lol:

Paul McCartney did pretty good for what it was, a halftime show. It's not supposed to be good OR bad, Let it be.

fixed.

Captain Harlock 02-07-05 05:23 PM

They're HIS songs, why shouldn't he play them?

And you can thank MTV for his albums not selling well.

The NFL and FOX had to go with someone who wasn't going to do something stupid. Especially since the FCC has been coming down hard on alot of people.

Rivero 02-07-05 08:55 PM

He's been milking the Beatles catalog bigtime now that George is dead

Er, yeah, I'm sure George Harrison would have objected to Paul McCartney singing 'Hey Jude'. The bastard, how dare he sing his own songs and give people what they want to hear

nazz 02-07-05 11:14 PM

Paul's been playing Beatles songs in his solo shows since well before either John or George passed away. John played Come Together, I'm So Tired
and the McCartney penned I Saw Her Standing There live solo in the seventies and George was playing his Beatles tunes on his tour in 1974 way before Paul was ready to include any in his shows.

Captain Harlock 02-07-05 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by nazz
Paul's been playing Beatles songs in his solo shows since well before either John or George passed away. John played Come Together, I'm So Tired
and the McCartney penned I Saw Her Standing There live solo in the seventies and George was playing his Beatles tunes on his tour in 1974 way before Paul was ready to include any in his shows.

John and Elton John sang that at Madision Square Garden in 1975.

And let's not forget John played "Yer Blues" at Live Peace in Toronto in 1969 a full year before the Beatles broke up and in 1968 with the Dirty Mac for the Rolling Stones "Rock N' Roll Circus".

postpunk 02-08-05 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Captain Harlock
The NFL and FOX had to go with someone who wasn't going to do something stupid. Especially since the FCC has been coming down hard on alot of people.

"Jo-Jo left his home in Tucson, Arizona, for some California grass." I wonder what he's singing about there...?

Walter Mitty 02-08-05 09:59 AM

:lol: He's been milking the Beatles catalog bigtime now that George is dead

I know. Isn't it great? I can't wait to see how he finally milks everyone once Ringo is dead too. -rolleyes-

Michael Corvin 02-08-05 11:08 AM

:lol: He's been milking the Beatles catalog bigtime now that George is dead he has a new wife and kiddie!

Because we all know 95% of their catalog is credited to John & George. :rolleyes:

Brain Stew 02-08-05 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Because we all know 95% of their catalog is credited to John & George. :rolleyes:

As EVERY poster has been kind enough to point out, George didn't have anything to do with Paul milking his old catalog.

It just so happened that he has a new wife and kid around the same time that George passed on. I apologize for offending everyone here, because it seems I have said the worst things that could be said.

POWERBOMB 02-08-05 07:54 PM

Journey, Styx, the Eagles and KISS.

nazz 02-09-05 07:45 PM

As EVERY poster has been kind enough to point out, George didn't have anything to do with Paul milking his old catalog.

It just so happened that he has a new wife and kid around the same time that George passed on. I apologize for offending everyone here, because it seems I have said the worst things that could be said.

Hey, no reason to get defensive. You have every right to that opinion.

The way I feel is that it's his milk and he can sell it if he wants to. It bugs me more when Yoko or Jacko have their way with it.

JLB 02-10-05 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by POWERBOMB
Journey, Styx, the Eagles and KISS.

I like all of these choices, with the following caveats:

Journey: Only if it's with Steve Perry with new vocal cords, and, what the heck, bring back Randy Jackson too, that would be a hoot.
http://www.journey-tribute.com/journ...or/t_ror33.jpg

Styx: Only if they scrap the "new" singers and bring back Dennis DeYoung
http://www.popstops.net/artists/styx99.gif......oy I feel so old looking at that one

Eagles: Only if Joe Walsh is wearing a "Joe Walsh for President"

KISS: Original line-up with makeup

Buford T Pusser 02-12-05 11:41 PM

Is the Macca half-time show online anywhere?

paulringodaman 02-13-05 01:04 PM

I would have loved if Paul McCartney played with someone else.....perhaps a special guest. I do not think Ringo would have been a good choice, I think anymore "reunions" would have been pointless and would diminish the Beatles' name. I wish Elton John would have performed "Hey Jude" with him.

For my "money" (tv viewing time), I'd pick Paul McCartney for the next 15 years over what was on last year's Super Bowl.

tommy28 02-14-05 05:06 AM

If Freddie were still alive,Queen would heve been perfect for the superbowl....

http://www.rockmusic.org/queen/fotos...20-%20live.jpg

POWERBOMB 02-15-05 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by JLB
I like all of these choices, with the following caveats:

Journey: what the heck, bring back Randy Jackson too, that would be a hoot.
http://www.journey-tribute.com/journ...or/t_ror33.jpg

Are you telling me that Randy Jackson (Who I'm assuming is the black guy pictured) was a member of Journey (and not the brother of Michael, Jermaine and Tito)? I don't recall a black guy in Journey.

tommy28 02-16-05 05:25 AM

He`s black?

JLB 02-16-05 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by POWERBOMB
Are you telling me that Randy Jackson (Who I'm assuming is the black guy pictured) was a member of Journey (and not the brother of Michael, Jermaine and Tito)? I don't recall a black guy in Journey.

Yep. Randy played bass and toured with the band in support of the Raised on Radio album.

http://www.rockstarclub.com/randy/