Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Tool [including updated new release information]

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Tool [including updated new release information]

Old 04-21-06, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have vicarious, and it owns i must say the bridge blew me away. the bass brings me back to the days of opiate.

can't bring myself to find the rest, want to so much but can't
Old 04-22-06, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 94 Likes on 89 Posts
[sorry off topic]

Hey DB27

Dude, I haven't seen U post for a long time. Good to see.
Old 04-22-06, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

i cant believe anyone likes this cd. its soooooo boring. my god what happened to tool?
Old 04-22-06, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chino77
i cant believe anyone likes this cd. its soooooo boring. my god what happened to tool?
it's called growth and evolution. Remember, Maynard is in his early 40s now, they aren't the same guys who put tape over their mouths and stood naked in a video any more.
Old 04-22-06, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you think 10,000 days is soooo boring then your not a tool fan,best album they have ever put out,try listening to it more then once or twice.
Old 04-22-06, 12:15 PM

Anybody get tickets? I got two to KC! Sold out in about 5 minutes. I got very lucky.
Old 04-22-06, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by DVDHO
If you think 10,000 days is soooo boring then your not a tool fan,best album they have ever put out,try listening to it more then once or twice.
ha ha i love when people say crap like that. give me a break. i listened to it a handful of times and it put me to sleep. ive seen tool in concert 3 times and own every cd but im not a fan.

im also going to laugh when what you consider "the best tool album ever" turns out to be a joke released by the band like they are supposedly claiming it is.

i really hope it is a joke. i cant wait for the official release to find out.

Last edited by chino77; 04-22-06 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-22-06, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I like the new tool minus the breakdowns. The first two songs are great then all of the sudden chug chug chug....are they looking to get the spinkicks going? Other than that, I just have to listen to it a few more times for it to sink in.
Old 04-22-06, 01:05 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
If you got tickets to any of the smaller shows you should feel lucky.
Dallas (the one I was trying for) seems to have sold out in about a second. I read that one ticket scalping company got front row seats and is charging a whopping $750 each. Checked the website and they were gone, so someone bought them. I think I'll just suck it up, say I tried my best and use the money I would have spent on scalped tickets to buy an iPod. Which model should I get?
Old 04-22-06, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ha ha i love when people say crap like that. give me a break. i listened to it a handful of times and it put me to sleep. ive seen tool in concert 3 times and own every cd but im not a fan.

im also going to laugh when what you consider "the best tool album ever" turns out to be a joke released by the band like they are supposedly claiming it is.

If by they you mean the TDN boards?

Sure if this is a decoy then we'll be hit with two fantastic Tool albums. But I'm as happy as a pig in shit with this one.
Old 04-22-06, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well to be honest every time Tool comes out all the Tool fans say this is the best album EVER! It is not only Tool, but almost every other band and their die hard fans as well. I like the album but I will pass judgement in a couple months.

As for the joke album, I saw mp3's that claimed were the new Tool album. They sounded like Tool, it felt like a Tool album but it was really shitty and it had me fooled for a couple minutes.
Old 04-22-06, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
If by they you mean the TDN boards?

Sure if this is a decoy then we'll be hit with two fantastic Tool albums. But I'm as happy as a pig in shit with this one.
i dont even know what TDN boards is. ive heard it a few places...supposedly tool posted it on their newsletter. i went to the site to look but i have no idea where it is. really i dont think this is a fake. it sounds like to much time went into the cd for it to be bogus.
Old 04-22-06, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The logistics of this actually being a decoy album boggle the mind. It's hilarious to see all the speculation on tool fansites. All I can say is there are going to be a lot of incredibly disappointed tool fans on May 2, and it's all their fault. Hilarious.

So far I really like the album although it isn't flawless (can't get into the instrumental tracks). I think the song 10,000 Days is the best thing they've ever done. Hauntingly beautiful. But of course I have to give the album time to sink in to see how I really feel.

I set my alarm this morning to try for tickets even though I'll be out of the country. I just couldn't resist the curiousity, and I was toying with the idea of buying tickets just to sell on ebay. I know that's horribly evil and all that, but I could really use the money for my trip. I was able to get two good tickets right when they went on sale (had no problem with the nin club tour last year either - guess I'm just lucky) but after a few seconds of deliberation I emptied my cart. This wasn't purely out of goodness either. With me leaving soon and no express shipping option I figured it wasn't worth the potential hassle. And there were a few pangs of guilt in there, honest! But such easy money...

Can't wait to see them in the fall though.
Old 04-22-06, 09:13 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
$750, $845, $1200.
TOOL is my favorite band, but no band anytime, anywhere is worth that.
Obscene.
Old 04-22-06, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I had two tickets in my cart, already signed in, and when I clicked the final purchase button and says order processing I got an error. Fuck ticketmaster! I already have paid $440 for a pair from a broker instead of the original $143 for the Minneapolis show.
Old 04-22-06, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 632 Likes on 512 Posts
Jesus, those prices are ridiculous. I've seen Tool twice, back in '01/'02, they were slightly larger venues but still, $35 and still close to the stage (Maynard's dad showed for the second show).

The sellout pace is also pretty ridiculous, reminds me of my sister getting her Bjork tickets - her and her friend logged on at the same time (just as they went on sale), one got tickets, one didn't.
Old 04-22-06, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by caiman
Anybody get tickets? I got two to KC! Sold out in about 5 minutes. I got very lucky.
I lucked out and got 2 to KC also. After the raffle, ended up being about 10th in line. We had been waiting for an hour and fifteen mins. A couple people in front of me, the computer was already screwing up and saying it was sold out a couple times. There were probably 30-40 people in line behind me that i am sure the majority got nothing.
Old 04-23-06, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by ike0000
I lucked out and got 2 to KC also. After the raffle, ended up being about 10th in line. We had been waiting for an hour and fifteen mins. A couple people in front of me, the computer was already screwing up and saying it was sold out a couple times. There were probably 30-40 people in line behind me that i am sure the majority got nothing.
Where did you go to get yours? I was at Streetside.
Old 04-23-06, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
A few of my friends tried, but were unsuccessful. I opted out of this round, seeing as $80 a ticket, for one band, in a venue I don't really like wasn't worth it.

I'll be all over the inevitable arena tour, though.
Old 04-23-06, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Ah.. I missed a prime chance to make a shitload of money. The arena tour is when I want to see them anyway.
Old 04-23-06, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by caiman
Where did you go to get yours? I was at Streetside.
One of the Hy-Vee's in Lawrence. If I would have been thinking, I could have had my buddy keep his raffle ticket and buy 2 more to sell. But I guess he did a good deed by giving it to someone else.
Old 04-23-06, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
[sorry off topic]

Hey DB27

Dude, I haven't seen U post for a long time. Good to see.
i still read but mostly never post anymore!
Old 04-23-06, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sold out in seconds here in Detroit,problem is,is that there limit was 4 tickets instead of the usual 2 or 3 limit,these sold out so fast that at 10:01 if you didnt have them they where gone.
Old 04-27-06, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 114 Likes on 65 Posts
1 word review of the new album: Unremarkable.

I'll still pick it up on tuesday, though, $10 at best buy is a pretty good deal. Maybe it will grow on me more as I listen to it.
Old 04-27-06, 02:16 PM
Suspended

Received 148 Likes on 103 Posts
Yeah I'm tempted to download and listen (still planning to buy on Tues) but I think I can wait.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.