Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Woman Sues Gene Simmons Over VH1 Sex Talk

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 01-09-05, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

By The Associated Press

NEW YORK - A woman who says she is a former girlfriend of KISS rocker Gene Simmons (news) is suing him for slander, saying the bass guitarist made her sound like a "sex-addicted nymphomaniac" during a "rockumentary" on VH-1 television.

Georgeann Walsh Ward, 53, of Chester, N.Y., says in court papers that a photo of her appeared 11 times during the report on KISS, shown on the network several times in July and August, while Simmons claimed to have had sexual encounters with 4,600 women.

In the documentary, "When KISS Ruled The World," Simmons commented that "there wasn't a girl that was off limits, and I enjoyed every one of them," court papers say.

Ward's papers say that because a photo of her with Simmons was shown during remarks about his sexual adventures, she was in effect portrayed as "wild" and "unchaste."

"The implication was that (Ward) was a prostitute and/or solicited prostitutes, and/or (she was) a sexually loose woman," court papers say.

Ward, married with a 21-year-old son, said she met Simmons at a concert in October 1972 when she was 21. For the next three years through fall of 1975, she says in court papers, they were in what she believed was "an exclusive, monogamous, romantic relationship."

During much of the time they were together, Ward's court papers say, Simmons was a college student and then a sixth-grade teacher "until the success of KISS propelled him out of the classroom and out of plaintiff's life."

Ward's lawsuit, filed Thursday, asks for unspecified damages from Simmons and from Viacom, VH-1's parent company, for alleged defamation and invasion of privacy.

Laura Nelson, spokeswoman for Viacom, said she could not comment on pending litigation.

No spokesperson for Simmons could be reached for comment.
Old 01-09-05, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gene Simmons. 100% Class as always.
Old 01-09-05, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
I hardly think that Gene Simmons had anything to do with the actual production of this piece. She will lose, and she will lose badly. The proper plaintiff is VH1. It's always fun when stupid people find stupid lawyers.
Old 01-10-05, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
"an exclusive, monogamous, romantic relationship."

Gawd dam! Women will only see what they wanna see when in love.
Old 01-10-05, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
It's always fun when stupid people find stupid lawyers.
Ahh, nothing quite like Arrested Development.
Old 01-10-05, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The_Infidel

Ward's papers say that because a photo of her with Simmons was shown during remarks about his sexual adventures, she was in effect portrayed as "wild" and "unchaste."

Ummmm, she was sleeping with the bassist of a Rock band... wasn't she
Old 01-10-05, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cactusoly
Ummmm, she was sleeping with the bassist of a Rock band... wasn't she
don't you doofuses read???

Originally Posted by the_Infidel
During much of the time they were together, Ward's court papers say, Simmons was a college student and then a sixth-grade teacher "until the success of KISS propelled him out of the classroom and out of plaintiff's life."
-jason
Old 01-10-05, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by fuzzbox
don't you doofuses read???
-jason
I read that too, but as a long time Kiss fan her timeframe is off. Kiss formed in '73 and were constantly working. They released Kiss and Hotter than Hell in '74 and Dressed to Kill and Alive in '75. I would say she had one year that he was not the infamous Gene Simmons and more Gene Klein, but yes she was dating a bassist of a band all those years, she can delude her own memory, but he was what he was.
Old 01-10-05, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think she is suing the wrong people also. Seems VH! or the editers of that program are more to blame.
Old 01-11-05, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by POWERBOMB
I think she is suing the wrong people also. Seems VH! or the editers of that program are more to blame.
True, but who supplied the photograph?
Old 01-15-05, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I doubt Gene Simmons keeps many or any pix's around the house. especially with the semi-lovely Shannon Tweed living there. I have heard that the Japanese KISS fans are the most loyal and die-hard fans in the world, so I would be willing to bet that 50% or more of those pix came from them.
Old 01-17-05, 11:22 AM

Gene Simmons used to be a six-grade schoolteacher??

Geezus, that's more newsworthy than the lawsuit.
Old 01-17-05, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by The_Infidel

Ward, married with a 21-year-old son, said she met Simmons at a concert in October 1972 when she was 21. For the next three years through fall of 1975, she says in court papers, they were in what she believed was "an exclusive, monogamous, romantic relationship."