Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

New Jennifer Lopez CD "Rebirth" -- March 1st

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 12-10-04, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess "Remarried" doesn't roll off the tongue quite the same...

Lopez gets right with new album

For her first new CD in more than two years, Jennifer Lopez was inspired by the past. "Old school meets new school" is how Lopez's longtime collaborator Corey Rooney describes Rebirth, due March 1, which will feature such guests as Fat Joe, Fabolous and Lopez's husband, Marc Anthony.

"We focused on getting great songs and used a lot of live instruments and live singing," says Rooney, who is serving as co-executive producer. He gives credit to veteran engineer Bruce Swedien. "Bruce recorded everything the old-fashioned way. It was really made no differently from the way that Michael Jackson made Thriller," Rooney says, except that state-of-the-art technology was used for editing and mixing.

The first single, Get Right, is a dance-club-friendly track with a saxophone hook.
Also..
J.Lo interrupted by drunk Danes at VIP concert

Jennifer Lopez reportedly lost her temper during a gig in Sweden this week when she was interrupted by drunk Danish revellers.

The singer performed a sample of her new album Amar Sin Mentiras for around 100 VIPs in Stockholm.

"She was explaining how each song came about while the guests ate filet mignon, seafood and drank champagne," a source tells gossip Web site The Scoop.

"But she kept getting interrupted by drunk people."

According to The Scoop, J.Lo isolated a table of three drunk Danes as the offenders and left the stage after two songs to speak to a member of her entourage who asked party organizers to stop serving alcohol.

"They asked the Danes several times to be quiet but they didn't listen. J.Lo was expected to stay at least an hour after they played the songs, but she ran out of the place as soon as she was done," the source said.
Though, I don't know how trustworthy this is since "Amar Sin Mentiras" is Marc Anthony's new disc. Perhaps they just got the name wrong. It was from SouthFlorida.com.
Old 12-10-04, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
new JLo video around the corner
Old 12-10-04, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"We focused on getting great songs and used a lot of live instruments and live singing," says Rooney
what a BRILLIANT concept

i'll pass on the cd

but, i'll watch the videos
Old 12-11-04, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts
If she had any "Balls" she woulda named the CD "Afterbirth".
Old 12-11-04, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Amel
what a BRILLIANT concept

i'll pass on the cd

but, i'll watch the videos
Amen, she does look good in the videos.
Old 12-12-04, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 80 Likes on 46 Posts
If it's possible for a woman to have too much ass, Miss Lopez definitely teeters on that brink. Her ass itself has ass.

...and just so I can stay on the subject of this upcoming CD release: pass.
Old 12-12-04, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Looks fine to me..