Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Hilary Duff to release Greatest Hits

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Hilary Duff to release Greatest Hits

Old 06-19-05, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it's on the inside...
Old 07-12-05, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
just out of curiosity, why would a song made only a year or two ago need to be remastered? (and sadly, i might fork over the money to buy this.
Old 07-27-05, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts
^^ Think she left her teeth out of the picture on purpose?

"Collector's Signature Edition"? Why didn't she just go all out and call it "Collector's Criterion Signature Ultimate Limited Producer's Cut Edition"? It would successfully emphasize that much more how ridiculous it is for her to have a goddamn greatest hits package.

Last edited by The_Infidel; 07-27-05 at 12:08 PM.
Old 07-27-05, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hillary Duff does not "rock".
Mandy Moore doesn't either.

That is all.
Old 07-27-05, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 329 Likes on 232 Posts
Hope they put spine numbers for each of her greatest hits releases (ala Criterion).

Her next hits CD should be out early in the new year, covering all her hit songs released within the next 6 months.

I better create some shelf space.
Old 07-27-05, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 802 Likes on 538 Posts
Originally Posted by tdirgins
Hillary Duff does not "rock".

She would if she were with me.
Old 07-27-05, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by The_Infidel
^^ Think she left her teeth out of the picture on purpose?

"Collector's Signature Edition"? Why didn't she just go all out and call it "Collector's Criterion Signature Ultimate Limited Producer's Cut Edition"? It would successfully emphasize that much more how ridiculous it is for her to have a goddamn greatest hits package.
the regular release photo

still no teeth, but i'd still do her. somebody i know went to school with her boyfriend from good charlotte (and this friend had a party and invited them, and they apparently got pissed because many people didn't know who they were.)
Old 08-10-05, 07:25 AM
Banned

By the way, Hilarys' Hits album has broken all records this week in Japan, where it notched up even higher sales than Michael Jacksons 'Essential Michael Jackson' album. Woo hoo!!
Old 08-10-05, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cottington
By the way, Hilarys' Hits album has broken all records this week in Japan, where it notched up even higher sales than Michael Jacksons 'Essential Michael Jackson' album. Woo hoo!!
If I recall correctly, that Michael Jackson album was released right after his trial, before he even had a chance to get back in the public's good graces. Hilary could have released an album of her farting to songs of the big band era and it would have sold better than Jackson's album.
Old 08-10-05, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by The_Infidel
Hilary could have released an album of her farting to songs of the big band era and it would have sold better than Jackson's album.
Is that only available as an import?
Old 08-10-05, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rogue588
Is that only available as an import?
No, farting is export only.

Old 08-10-05, 11:25 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Forget this... where the hell is the Paris Hilton greatest hits collection?
Old 08-11-05, 01:33 PM

This is a sad day greatest hits maybe after 10 years or more how long has she been around 3-5 years maybe she sucks her music is crap........
Old 08-15-05, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bigjim25
From billboard.com:The new songs that will appear on Hilary Duff's upcoming "Most Wanted" collection of remixed and remastered songs have been confirmed. As previously reported, three of them will appear on one version of the set, due Aug. 16 via Hollywood, while a "collector's signature edition" will boast four.

In addition to the single "Wake Up," which was serviced to U.S. radio outlets for airplay consideration this week, the new songs are "Beat of My Heart," "Break My Heart" and "Supergirl," the latter of which is exclusive to the deluxe edition of the compilation. Several of the songs were co-written with Good Charlotte's Joel Madden, Duff's boyfriend.

Duff will be on hand Friday (July 15) to premiere the Marc Webb-directed video for "Wake Up" on MTV's "Total Request Live." It will also be incorporated into the Disney Channel's "Disney 50th 411" programming through the balance of the summer.

Here is the "Most Wanted" track list:
Wake Up
The Getaway
Beat of My Heart
Come Clean (2005 remix)
Who's That Girl (acoustic) *
Mr. James Dean
So Yesterday
Metamorphosis
Rock This World (2005 remix)
Break My Heart
Jericho *
Fly
Supergirl *
Party Up (dance remix) *
Girl Can Rock
Our Lips Are Sealed
Why Not (2005 remix)
* = on “signature collection” only
The “signature collection” will
have 17 tracks, including an
acoustic version of "Who's That Girl,"
compared to the regular version's
13 cuts. The special package is
rounded out by four autographed
photo cards and a special booklet
and CD jacket.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...97#post2763082
Old 08-15-05, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

sorry, bigjim, that was me, i fixed the thread over there to "fix" it to give you full credit to the thread.
Old 08-24-05, 07:44 AM
Banned

Wow. That Collectors' album seriously seems like a must-have. NOT. Is it not shocking how this is currently burning up the charts and every other person is clutching a copy at Walmart? Has anyone noticed this?
Old 08-24-05, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Yeah, there were rioting over copies at my Wal*Mart..
Old 08-24-05, 01:51 PM
Banned

Its done it

Well, she accomplished it! The girls got the No. 1 album on the Billboard Top 200 Albums Chart this week, her second No. 1 after 'Metamorphosis' a few years ago. Now, I think this is amazing because a) the very people who trash this album waste no time in actually buying it and b) everyone else has already bought it. Its mass market fodder at its all-American best. I expect it to retain its position next week as well.

PS The extended edition really is worth the extra money. And hey, 'Come Clean' really is a great song. I'm so glad the charts look so good these days. No more of that U2 and Incubus trash.
Old 08-24-05, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Cottington
PS The extended edition really is worth the extra money. And hey, 'Come Clean' really is a great song. I'm so glad the charts look so good these days. No more of that U2 and Incubus trash.
hell, i like the song too (and bought the album) but hate the techno remix of "come clean"
Old 08-25-05, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 244 Likes on 151 Posts
Hilary Duff has No. 1 album - Aug 25, 2005

Old 08-25-05, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 99 Likes on 65 Posts
The Rolling Stones released a greatest hits record (Big Hits...High Tide And Green Grass) in 1966... just 2 years after their debut album (England's Newest Hit Makers)

The Beatles also had one (A Collection of Beatles Oldies) in 1966... just 3 years after the debut (Please Please Me)

Stones.. TWO YEARS
Beatles... THREE YEARS

No, Duff is not the same caliber, but don't act like this is anywhere close to being news

Timespan doesn't matter, just runtime of the disc... it's just about when you think you have enough songs to actually fill a compilation, not years in the biz.
Old 08-25-05, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

allmusic.com
Arriving about a month before Hilary Duff turned 18 and presumably right around the time her record contract was coming to an end, 2005's Most Wanted is a tossed-off hodgepodge of seven previously released songs (including the hits "So Yesterday" and "Fly"), three new remixes (including one of the hit "Come Clean"), and three new songs. Nothing screams contractual obligation quite like this kind of grab bag