Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

When is the new Eagles album coming out?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 07-29-04, 05:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard that great song a year or so ago called "Hole in the World" that was featured on their two disc greatest hits compilation. I am a huge fan of theirs, and was hoping the new album would be out this year. I have seacrhed google, and have found nothing. Please tell me they are still working on a new album. I love Don Henley to death, but when he's with Joe Walsh, Timothy B. Schmit(I love that guy's voice) and Glen Frey, It's just really something special.
Old 07-30-04, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Ugh, I just didn't care for that Hole in the World song. I even went out and bought the single they released with a "video" of the song and it never quite caught on with me. That being said, I would still welcome an album from these guys. I've seen them twice over the past seven years and they will never get old to me. I'm not sure how much closer they are to releasing it though. I remember hearing before one of their last two tours that they had wanted to have the album out because they didn't want to just tour without new music to promote, but that obviously went nowhere so who knows. Maybe this will come out about the same time as Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy?
Old 10-10-04, 06:51 PM
Banned

When???

Thought I'd give this a bump and add a little story I found on the net. It is suppose to be out in 2004.....did the album get pushed back til 2005?

As of June, 2003

In recent interviews Henley has described the new album as having, "a wide variety of things on it, everything from sweet little love ballads to some really nasty guitar-playing by Mr. Walsh." Henley also gave a few more details about the recording process and another song called "Long Road Out of Eden" to Mark Brown of the Rocky Mtn. News.

.In this article about the Eagles releasing "Hole in the World" themselves, manager Irving Azoff mentions the new album won't be out until 2004.

What's the latest? I cannot wait for the new album