DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Sarah McLachlan "afterglow" Live DVD 11/23 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/385490-sarah-mclachlan-afterglow-live-dvd-11-23-a.html)

William Fuld 11-10-04 03:41 PM

I'm not a Sarah McLachlan fan, but I just caught her video for "World on Fire" and it's a doozy. Best video I've seen this year.

djbrown 11-17-04 02:41 PM

anyone know the packaging for this? None of the DVD sites seem to list it coming in anything more than a jewel case, etc..

digitalfreaknyc 11-18-04 12:02 PM

I've seen different things. I've seen a regular jewel case picture and a longer amaray style picture. I guess we'll find out next week.

digitalfreaknyc 11-18-04 10:56 PM

Update:

it's full screen.

And apparently there are two different releases: amaray and jewel case versions...i guess similar to the Tori Amos release recently.

Sir_Fireboard 11-19-04 02:33 AM

Originally posted by digitalfreaknyc
Update:

it's full screen.

Bloody hell :mad:

djbrown 11-19-04 10:59 AM

anyone know of an online etailer that has the Amaray style packaging?

too much 11-20-04 12:51 AM

cduniverse has the Amaray and Digipak versions listed.

digitalfreaknyc 11-20-04 09:45 AM

It'll be $14 at Strawberries/Coconuts this week... :)

Patman 11-20-04 11:29 PM

It's $14.99 at Best Buy for those without a nearby Strawberries/Coconuts.

too much 11-22-04 04:53 PM

Just got this today. It's Widescreen!!! Great concert (and great CD - although missing some of the best songs from the DVD, like Blackbird). The video for World on Fire is excellent!

BillSD 11-23-04 07:24 PM

Re: Sarah McLachlan "afterglow" Live DVD 11/23

Additionally, if you've yet to buy Sarah's 5-song live
Acoustic EP, Nettwerk will also have them available
for digital download.

Any idea what happened to this? I thought there would be links on the cd or dvd, but I have not found any.

I just finished watching the dvd, and it was incredible!

Rogue588 11-23-04 10:59 PM

Rather than start yet another "Best Price" thread....Is $14 the cheapest?

digitalfreaknyc 11-24-04 08:11 AM

Originally posted by Rogue588
Rather than start yet another "Best Price" thread....Is $14 the cheapest?
Yes.

Decker 11-24-04 08:10 PM

So what the deal with their big warning on the cover? This ugly-ass sticker is not removable from the cover and says "The CD in this release is protected against unauthorized duplication. (etc) ". I thought this was a really stupid idea, since this is primarily a DVD release with a bonus CD, who cares if it gets copied?
While I appreciate being warned, I always copy my CDs onto blank CD-Rs (my car CD player puts linear scratches in all my CDs :down:

Well, I figured I'd give it a try anyway to see what would happen. It turns out, it worked just fine and now I have a perfect copy for my car. But I really don't understand what all this fuss was about if the CD is indeed copyable.

BillSD 11-24-04 09:25 PM

Originally posted by Decker
So what the deal with their big warning on the cover? This ugly-ass sticker is not removable from the cover and says "The CD in this release is protected against unauthorized duplication. (etc) ". I thought this was a really stupid idea, since this is primarily a DVD release with a bonus CD, who cares if it gets copied?
While I appreciate being warned, I always copy my CDs onto blank CD-Rs (my car CD player puts linear scratches in all my CDs :down:

Well, I figured I'd give it a try anyway to see what would happen. It turns out, it worked just fine and now I have a perfect copy for my car. But I really don't understand what all this fuss was about if the CD is indeed copyable.

I agree. Especially since the cd-rom portion of the cd allows you to send copies of the songs on the cd to 'family and friends' .. Interesting.

Decker 11-24-04 09:41 PM

Originally posted by BillSD
I agree. Especially since the cd-rom portion of the cd allows you to send copies of the songs on the cd to 'family and friends' .. Interesting.
Didn't know that. Apparently someone on Amazon is saying you can't transfer it to itunes to listen to on your own player. That's phenominally dumb, if true.

digitalfreaknyc 11-25-04 01:31 AM

BTW...just a random note...

"Silence" (her duet with Delirium) has now been added to her setlist. Anyone catching her on the second leg will probably see this song. BUT, you will also see several songs cut: Blackbird, Dirty Little Secret, I Will Remember You, Ice.

Also, you might want to pick up the Canadian R1 DVD release of "I Will Remember You." Fantastic documentary produced by CBC. And only $10.

digitalfreaknyc 11-25-04 03:50 AM

Re: Re: Sarah McLachlan "afterglow" Live DVD 11/23

Originally posted by BillSD
Any idea what happened to this? I thought there would be links on the cd or dvd, but I have not found any.

Yep. it's right there on her website under "downloads." Along with the PCM version of the entire concert.

You just have to pay for it :)