Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

New Pink Floyd "non-laser" show

Old 08-15-04, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

New Pink Floyd "non-laser" show

I've always been a big fan of the laser shows they show set to a rock album at planetariums, but hadn't seen the Dark Side of the Moon show in years.

Went last night to a show at Houston Museum of Natural Science planetarium, and it was incredible. Better than incredible.

However, it's a new "version" now. Instead of it being lasers creating pictures on the domed ceiling, it's mostly CGI, and it's an incedible show. Highly recommend it if it's available in your area. Even my gf, who's not a Pink Floyd fan, really enjoyed it.

I just wish I had found out about the show a little earlier. It's been at the museum for 6 weeks or so now, and I never even knew about it until yesterday, Unfortunetly, last night was the last showing of the show (at least here in Houston at HMNS)

I definitely would've gone to see it a few times during it's 6 week run if I'd known about it a bit earlier.
Old 08-15-04, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

WOW, Mongo!

I remember the "Laserium" thing they used to do up there at the Griffith Park Observatory (out here in Los Angeles) with Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, & other great artists' stuff, and I REALLY loved that...

Now I can only imagine what they've done with computers and the high quality sound systems that we have today!

I'm excited about this news and I can't wait for the observatory to open back up, as it's been closed because it's been going through some renovations (for like the last 2 years...). I hope it will be one of the first shows they'll have.

I CAN'T WAIT! I TELL YA!!!

Glad to hear you LOVED IT!

THEEK!

Last edited by The Edit King; 08-16-04 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-16-04, 07:45 PM

They had a Pink Floyd laser show here also at our planetarium in Hawaii. I missed going to it.

And there was an Imax Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon laser show here also. Missed going to that one also.

Don't know if they will have the planetarium show again but our Imax theatre went the way of the Do Do bird due to its lousy location in Waikiki.