Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Lake Trout: who likes this....?

Old 08-15-04, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

lake trout, who likes this crap?

they opened for live last night at merriweather. they sounded like a radiohead/pink floyd clone. they did endless 10 min plus instrumentals. enveryone that i heard in the pit was glad that they were done, even though they were only about 50 minutes. people got excitied when they saw a flute, and a keyboard. but their music was too slow and boring anyway.
Old 08-15-04, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: lake trout, who likes this crap?

Originally posted by Rypro 525
people got excitied when they saw a flute...
Rock is dead.
Old 08-15-04, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

They are a local band so I doubt too many people have heard of them.
Old 08-15-04, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I remember them from B'more. I love the name but never dug the band. I also liked the name Jimmy's Chicken Shack and the fact that they sold their own BBQ sauce at shows. I can't believe they've become somewhat national.
Old 08-15-04, 12:29 PM
Retired

I thought they were decent. I liked the discordant sound and that there was a lot going on all the time. The instrumentals were too long though.

They were better than the other two opening acts though. Sonicult sounded like a Danzig wannabe and Ebo just sounded like an amalgamation of all the crappy poppy, peppy alternative crap on the radio.

Live was great as always, I was dissappointed that they only played for a little over an hour though, and that they played so much stuff off of Birds of Pray which is far and away my least favortie album of theirs. I was hoping they'd play less of it since they toured for it last year, but Beauty of Gray, Lakini's Juice, I Alone and The Dolphins Cry made up for it.
Old 08-15-04, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I actually saw them in concert Friday night in Atlanta. I was backstage, so it was hard to see what was happening on stage, but they sounded terrible. Much time was spend making fun of them. It was worth the torture, though, to hang out with Live.

das
Old 08-15-04, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
I thought they were decent. I liked the discordant sound and that there was a lot going on all the time. The instrumentals were too long though.

They were better than the other two opening acts though. Sonicult sounded like a Danzig wannabe and Ebo just sounded like an amalgamation of all the crappy poppy, peppy alternative crap on the radio.

Live was great as always, I was dissappointed that they only played for a little over an hour though, and that they played so much stuff off of Birds of Pray which is far and away my least favortie album of theirs. I was hoping they'd play less of it since they toured for it last year, but Beauty of Gray, Lakini's Juice, I Alone and The Dolphins Cry made up for it.
hey josh, where did you sit? from the pit, the vocals were terrible and it was hard to understand them.
oh and there was a nut right next to us screaming at the top of her lungs in the pit.
Old 08-16-04, 11:47 AM
Retired

I was right in the center, 9 rows back. I didn't feel like standing up that long so I passed on the pit. Sorry I didn't get back to you, I don't check the e-mail I have on the forum much and just got it this morning.

The vocals were terrible for everyone but Live, and even theres were a little off. They just didn't have the mics loud enough and had the bass and drums a little too loud.
Old 08-16-04, 01:39 PM

I actually love Lake Trout, I'm really into the Another One Lost album. I have heard that they go into lossless tangents live and such, but I think the cd is really focused. You should definately check out their album before passing judgement.

They do have some floyd in them, but I think it almost sounds like richard patrick from filter singing with DJ shadow sometimes.
Old 08-16-04, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
I was right in the center, 9 rows back. I didn't feel like standing up that long so I passed on the pit. Sorry I didn't get back to you, I don't check the e-mail I have on the forum much and just got it this morning.

The vocals were terrible for everyone but Live, and even theres were a little off. They just didn't have the mics loud enough and had the bass and drums a little too loud.
when my brother saw evanesance there a few weeks ago he said that the vocals were too loud and hte music was too soft.
Old 08-16-04, 02:42 PM
Retired

Originally posted by Rypro 525
when my brother saw evanesance there a few weeks ago he said that the vocals were too loud and hte music was too soft.
Yeah, it's not the pavillion, just the band's techs or whoever didn't have the soundboard set quite right.
Old 08-16-04, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

my brother took pics during the show, and when i get back to maryland on wed, i'll try to get him to upload them (they are cell phone pics though)
Old 08-16-04, 09:21 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

i have their album and like it. havent seen em live
Old 08-17-04, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sewer Trout is a much better band.
Old 08-17-04, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I prefer Poached Trout in a White Wine Sauce.

das
Old 08-17-04, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have a Trouser Trout that the ladies love. :P