Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Pearl Jam's Swing State Tour Info (add other band's info if you want)

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 08-04-04, 09:44 AM

This is from Synergy, Pearl Jam's web site:
August 4, 2004 - Pearl Jam on the Vote for Change tour!

Pearl Jam is excited to announce the Vote for Change concert tour. Vote for Change is a loose coalition of musicians brought together by a single idea—the need to make a change in the direction of our country. We share a belief that this is the most important election of our lifetime. We are fighting for a government that is open, rational, just and progressive.
"The upcoming election provides everyone an opportunity to change the direction our country is headed and to elect a government that is just, rational and respectful of the views and rights of the people it serves. This coalition of artists wants to be a part of that change." said Stone Gossard of Pearl Jam.

Artists participating in Vote for Change have merged their energies and talents to focus on states that are expected to have the closest race in the presidential election this fall. This unprecedented effort will include approximately 34 shows in 28 cities in 9 battleground states over the course of a week.

These concerts will feature Babyface, Jackson Browne, Bright Eyes, Dave Matthews Band, Death Cab for Cutie, the Dixie Chicks, John Fogerty, Ben Harper, Jurassic 5, Keb' Mo', John Mellencamp, My Morning Jacket, Pearl Jam, Bonnie Raitt, R.E.M., James Taylor, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band and more. These and other artists will appear on separate bills on the same night in selected cities around several battleground states.

Vote for Change artists hope to accomplish a single goal through the tour: to get people to the polls on November 2nd to vote for a change.

The Vote for Change tour will be presented by MoveOn PAC, with all concert proceeds benefiting the work of America Coming Together (ACT).

TICKETS:

Pearl Jam and Death Cab for Cutie will be performing the following Vote for Change shows:

Oct. 1 Reading, PA - Sovereign Center
Oct. 2 Toledo, OH - Sports Arena
Oct. 3 Grand Rapids, MI - Delta Plex
Oct. 5 St. Louis, MO - Fox Theater
Oct. 6 Asheville, NC - Civic Center
Oct. 8 Kissimmee, FL - Silver Spur Arena

IMPORTANT: Check back here for more information about how to get tickets to these shows. All dates and venues subject to change.

For more information about Vote for Change, including ticket information and updates, go to moveonpac.org.

"This is the fourth presidential election which Pearl Jam has engaged in as a band, and we feel it's the most important one of our lifetime. We believe in the power of the first amendment, and have always exercised our right to free speech in every aspect of our lives and music. This year there is no more powerful way for all Americans to exercise that right than by voting. Given the extreme political climate of a country at war, we are proud to stand among the many artists involved in this tour and to encourage Americans not only to vote for a president this November 2nd, but to vote for the change they wish to see in the world." - Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam

Be sure to register to vote early and make your Vote for Change!

BACKGROUND:
Unprecedented in scale and strategy, ACT is building the largest voter mobilization effort in history to elect progressive candidates to federal, state and local offices in November. For more information on ACT visit www.act04.com.

MoveOn PAC is a 2.5 million-member online grassroots political action committee working to take back our government. By gathering small contributions from ordinary citizens, it is using the Internet to level the playing field against the interest of big corporate money in politics. It's sister organization, MoveOn.org, raises issues of war and peace, social justice, media integrity and honesty in government. For more information, visit moveonpac.org.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know there are several other acts in these states on those days, but I don't know who is playing where. I was really just curious about PJ and figured I'd post it here for you guys. If anyone knows the REM venues that would be great.
Old 08-04-04, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I had just assumed all the bands would be playing all the dates, which would mean each band would only get to play a short set. The fact that they're split up makes me hopeful each will get to play a full show.

They might as well cancel the Missouri gig, after what the voters decided there yesterday.
Old 08-04-04, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I guess AZ isn't really a swing state for any of those artists. Damn it, I was hoping to see Pearl Jam this year!
Old 08-04-04, 09:52 AM

R.E.M. TO PLAY VOTE FOR CHANGE TOUR

REMHQ is excited to announce the band's involvement in the Vote for Change concert tour this coming October. Between October 1 and October 8, R.E.M. will perform at five Vote for Change concerts, sharing the bill with Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band and Bright Eyes (see dates below).

“R.E.M. is very happy to be a part of the Vote for Change Tour," said Mike Mills. "This unprecedented coming together of musicians underscores the depth of the desire for change in our country’s direction, and it feels right to use some of the freedoms granted to us in a democracy to try and effect that change.”

Vote for Change is a coalition of musicians brought together by a single idea—the need to make a change in the direction of our country. All of the artists share a belief that this is the most important election of our lifetime and that it is worth fighting for a government that is open, rational, just and progressive.

Artists participating in Vote for Change have merged their energies and talents to focus on states that are expected to have the closest race in the presidential election this fall. This unprecedented effort will include approximately 34 shows in 28 cities in 9 battleground states over the course of a week.

In addition to R.E.M., Springsteen, and Bright Eyes, the concerts will feature Babyface, Jackson Browne, Dave Matthews Band, Death Cab for Cutie, the Dixie Chicks, John Fogerty, Ben Harper, Jurassic 5, Keb’ Mo’, John Mellencamp, My Morning Jacket, Pearl Jam, Bonnie Raitt, and James Taylor. These and other artists will appear on separate bills on the same night in selected cities around several battleground states.

Vote for Change artists hope to accomplish a single goal through the tour: to get people to the polls on November 2nd to vote for a change.

The Vote for Change tour will be presented by MoveOn PAC, with all concert proceeds benefiting the work of America Coming Together (ACT).

For more information about Vote for Change, including ticket information and updates, go to MoveOn Pac.

Bruce Springsteen/R.E.M./Bright Eyes
Vote for Change Concerts:

DATE CITY VENUE

October 1 Philadelphia, PA (All venues TBA)
October 2 Cleveland, OH
October 3 Ann Arbor, MI
October 5 Minneapolis, MN
October 8 Orlando, FL

Old 08-04-04, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Probably safe to assume they aren't going to bother to come to Austin TX.. too bad
Old 08-04-04, 10:23 AM

Re: Pearl Jam's Swing State Tour Info (add other band's info if you want)

Originally posted by glasschicken
This is from Synergy, Pearl Jam's web site:
August 4, 2004 - Pearl Jam on the Vote for Change tour!

Pearl Jam is excited to announce the Vote for Change concert tour. Vote for Change is a loose coalition of musicians brought together by a single idea—the need to make a change in the direction of our country. We share a belief that this is the most important election of our lifetime. We are fighting for a government that is open, rational, just and progressive.
"The upcoming election provides everyone an opportunity to change the direction our country is headed and to elect a government that is just, rational and respectful of the views and rights of the people it serves. This coalition of artists wants to be a part of that change." said Stone Gossard of Pearl Jam.

These concerts will feature Babyface, Jackson Browne, Bright Eyes, Dave Matthews Band, Death Cab for Cutie, the Dixie Chicks, John Fogerty, Ben Harper, Jurassic 5, Keb' Mo', John Mellencamp, My Morning Jacket, Pearl Jam, Bonnie Raitt, R.E.M., James Taylor, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band and more. These and other artists will appear on separate bills on the same night in selected cities around several battleground states.

TICKETS:

Pearl Jam and Death Cab for Cutie will be performing the following Vote for Change shows:

IMPORTANT: Check back here for more information about how to get tickets to these shows. All dates and venues subject to change.

For more information about Vote for Change, including ticket information and updates, go to moveonpac.org.

"This is the fourth presidential election which Pearl Jam has engaged in as a band, and we feel it's the most important one of our lifetime. We believe in the power of the first amendment, and have always exercised our right to free speech in every aspect of our lives and music. This year there is no more powerful way for all Americans to exercise that right than by voting. Given the extreme political climate of a country at war, we are proud to stand among the many artists involved in this tour and to encourage Americans not only to vote for a president this November 2nd, but to vote for the change they wish to see in the world." - Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam

BACKGROUND:
Unprecedented in scale and strategy, ACT is building the largest voter mobilization effort in history to elect progressive candidates to federal, state and local offices in November. For more information on ACT visit www.act04.com.

MoveOn PAC is a 2.5 million-member online grassroots political action committee working to take back our government. By gathering small contributions from ordinary citizens, it is using the Internet to level the playing field against the interest of big corporate money in politics. It's sister organization, MoveOn.org, raises issues of war and peace, social justice, media integrity and honesty in government. For more information, visit moveonpac.org.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know there are several other acts in these states on those days, but I don't know who is playing where. I was really just curious about PJ and figured I'd post it here for you guys. If anyone knows the REM venues that would be great.
you wouldnt believe how excited i got when i saw my fav band was playing a venue 15 minutes from my house? tickets are gonna be a bastard to get...hope the 10c does something like give residents first dibs
Old 08-04-04, 10:30 AM

Pearl Jam / Death Cab for Cutie

Dave Matthews Band / Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals / Jurassic 5 / My Morning Jacket
Oct. 1 University Park, PA - Bryce Jordan Center
Oct. 2 Dayton, OH - Ervin J. Nutter Center
Oct. 3 Auburn Hills, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills
Oct. 6 Ames, IA - Hilton Coliseum
Oct. 8 Gainesville, FL - Stephen C. O'Connell Center

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band / R.E.M. / John Fogerty / Bright Eyes
Oct. 1 Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Arena
Oct. 2 Cleveland, OH - Gund Arena
Oct. 3 Ann Arbor, MI - Crisler Arena
Oct. 5 St. Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center
Oct. 8 Orlando, FL - TD Waterhouse

Dixie Chicks / James Taylor
Oct. 1 Pittsburgh, PA
Oct. 2 Cleveland, OH
Oct. 3 Detroit, MI
Oct. 5 Iowa City, IA
Oct. 6 St. Louis, MO
Oct. 8 - Tampa Bay, FL

John Mellencamp / Babyface
Oct. 1 Wilkes-Barre, PA
Oct. 2 Cincinnati, OH
Oct. 3 Kalamazoo, MI
Oct. 5 Milwaukee, WI
Oct. 8 Miami, FL

Jackson Browne / Bonnie Raitt / Keb' Mo'
Oct. 1 Williamsport, PA
Oct. 2 TBA
Oct. 3 Grand Rapids, MI
Oct. 5 Kansas City, KA
Oct. 6 Des Moines, IA
Oct. 8 Jacksonville, FL
Old 08-04-04, 10:34 AM

Re: Re: Pearl Jam's Swing State Tour Info (add other band's info if you want)

Originally posted by oppie1
you wouldnt believe how excited i got when i saw my fav band was playing a venue 15 minutes from my house? tickets are gonna be a bastard to get...hope the 10c does something like give residents first dibs
I'm guessing it's 2 hours from my house or so. I have a feeling a fan club thing will happen. They asked people to update all their contact info (address and emails) a couple weeks ago and to make sure that your memberships are up to date. So who knows. Hopefully I can go. I'd die if my fav band is in the next state over and I can't see them.
Old 08-04-04, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

As much as I enjoy Pearl Jam, I am going to have to go with R.E.M. on the 1st. Besides, Philly is only 30 mins away .
Old 08-04-04, 10:45 AM

i'm even contemplating driving to Toldeo for the Oct2 show.. god damn i love Pearl Jam
Old 08-04-04, 10:52 AM

Originally posted by Brain Stew
As much as I enjoy Pearl Jam, I am going to have to go with R.E.M. on the 1st. Besides, Philly is only 30 mins away .
I would go see R.E.M. (never have, love them) but there's 4 bands at that show. That will probably make each set short. Bruce is there so it will probably be expensive.
Old 08-04-04, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Re: Pearl Jam's Swing State Tour Info (add other band's info if you want)

Originally posted by oppie1
...hope the 10c does something like give residents first dibs
My 10c email today said:

IMPORTANT: A follow-up email will arrive in your inbox soon with information on how to get tickets to the Pearl Jam/Death Cab shows. All dates and venues subject to change.

Don't know if that means 10c members will get any priority or not. I would imagine not, otherwise all the bands and all their fanclubs would end up taking all the tickets.
Old 08-04-04, 12:53 PM

Re: Re: Re: Pearl Jam's Swing State Tour Info (add other band's info if you want)

Originally posted by Meatpants
My 10c email today said:

IMPORTANT: A follow-up email will arrive in your inbox soon with information on how to get tickets to the Pearl Jam/Death Cab shows. All dates and venues subject to change.

Don't know if that means 10c members will get any priority or not. I would imagine not, otherwise all the bands and all their fanclubs would end up taking all the tickets.
i still havent gotten any emails from the 10c yet..i'm sure there will be some kind of 10c tic avaliable
Old 08-04-04, 02:54 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by MFRONE
Dave Matthews Band / Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals / Jurassic 5 / My Morning Jacket
Oct. 1 University Park, PA - Bryce Jordan Center
Oct. 2 Dayton, OH - Ervin J. Nutter Center
Oct. 3 Auburn Hills, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills
Oct. 6 Ames, IA - Hilton Coliseum
Oct. 8 Gainesville, FL - Stephen C. O'Connell Center
[/B]
There's also a TBA date.

Tue / Oct 05 / TBA

And My Morning Jacket won't be at the Oct. 8 date.

I don't know if I want to drive to Dayton for this.
Old 08-04-04, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by glasschicken
Bruce is there so it will probably be expensive.
Well, Bruce's tickets on the last tour, while not cheap, weren't in the stratosphere. Tickets down front were $67 and tickets upstairs were $37.

As this is more of a benefit and awareness raising gig, I would expect they'd keep the ticket prices reasonable.
Old 08-17-04, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

please add dates etc. for the bands in your area.

St. Louis, Mo.
Pearl Jam w/ Death Cab For Cutie and Gob Roberts
Oct. 5 at The Fox Theatre, 7 p.m.
tickets are $52.50
tix on sale Sat., Aug. 21 at 10 a.m.

the very next night (Oct. 6) at the same place
James Taylor and Dixie Chicks
tix go on sale the same day (more expensive I think)
Old 08-18-04, 11:45 AM

From Synergy Message Board:

Pearl Jam Boston concert!

The Ten Club is mailing out a very cool ticket offer for current fan club members. Here's the lowdown:

Get this! You all know by now about Pearl Jam’s mini-tour in October 2004. Well, it has just been confirmed that Pearl Jam and Death Cab for Cutie will be a playing special show at the Fleet Center in Boston, MA on Tuesday, September 28th at 7:30!!!

"It's been awhile since we've played together and we were all excited about coming together and playing a special show somewhere before we kick off the Vote for Change tour. Boston is one of our all-time favorite cities to play so it seemed like the perfect place to do that," says Mike McCready of Pearl Jam on why the band decided to play Boston.

The 10C and Ticketmaster are having a fan club only pre-sale on Wednesday and Thursday, August 25th and 26th, from 12-6 pm Eastern time. Your special Ticketmaster access code for this show is the same code you received for the VFC presale. Please note, your ticket access code is viewable in your member profile on pearljam.com once you have logged in. This password may only be used once for this ticket presale, so do not share it with anyone.

For this show only, 10C members (as of August 6, 2004) are allowed to purchase up to 4 tickets. Tickets will be $35 and $45 plus applicable fees. Please note, this show is in no way associated with Vote for Change, ACT, or MoveOn.org, so the age and residency restrictions do not apply. Anyone can come!!! Yet again, since this is a unique show opportunity and not a regular Pearl Jam tour, seniority for seat selection is not applicable. This pre-sale is internet-only and you may purchase the tickets at Ticketmaster.com.

We’d love to have the house packed full of 10C members, so we’ll leave it up to you. No doubt, it will be a very special night and a successful pre-sale could inspire good things to happen … so spread the word.

If you have questions pertaining to passwords, please contact [email protected]

If you have questions pertaining to the ticket purchase, please contact the customer service department of Ticketmaster.

Non-Fan Club, General ticket sale:
Please note, if you're not in the fanclub - what's wrong with you? Just kidding... tickets go onsale to the general public August 28th at 10am eastern.
Old 08-19-04, 10:15 AM

Was anyone able to get Springsteen tickets? The Philly show was supposed to go on sale at 10:00 this morning and I've had no luck at all...
Old 08-19-04, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Chopper
Was anyone able to get Springsteen tickets? The Philly show was supposed to go on sale at 10:00 this morning and I've had no luck at all...
I don't even see them on Ticketmaster's site.
Old 08-19-04, 10:40 AM

You have to look on their "Vote for Change" page. It has all of the concerts listed on one page. (http://www.ticketmaster.com/voteforchange)

And now the Philly show is giving a "Sorry, but this event no longer exists in our database" page, while the other Springsteen concerts for this tour are still there.

Edited to add: It's back up now, but they changed the online on sale date from Thursday to Saturday.
Old 08-19-04, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I wish Pearl Jam considered WV a swing state.
Old 08-19-04, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wish we were a swing state....