Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Any DJ's/Club owners subscribe to PROMO ONLY/ETV??

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-04, 04:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone here has been a DJ/radio person/club owner and subscribed to either Promo Only or ETV. They create their own DVD's of music videos and whatknot and sold to the above individuals. I was thinking of subscribing and was wondering how it is.

Please let me know!
Old 10-15-04, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think they play this at the H&M shop I go to... I'm interested in this now... any info?
Old 10-15-04, 12:03 PM
Banned

You have to be a radio/DJ/bar/club professional. And they check your credentials as well.

Promo Only bought out ETV so now they are one. There is also "rockamerica" but they have the same process. And it's REALLY expensive. $100 for 3 DVD's.

If you want to know any other information, just ask. I was going to subscribe but at this point, the DVD's I was looking for were all ETV and very few are Promo Only.
Old 10-15-04, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hell, for that much I'll just download videos...
Old 10-15-04, 02:19 PM
Banned

Originally posted by DonnachaOne
Hell, for that much I'll just download videos...
Again...they won't be DVD quality though. That's the whole point. Plus, a lot of the stuff they get (and what I'm looking for) isn't officially released. It's all promotional videos that aren't played on the few music video channels that still play videos. Plus I like them uncut and without station logos or writing all over them. I'm still getting my collection together but getting closer.

Again, they're not meant for the average consumer. They're meant for promotional purposes. Hence, the price. You couldn't buy anyway unless you worked for one of those establishments. I weighed the cost and just figured it wasn't worth it for the little that I need at this point. I could get clearance no problem. Just wish they were as good as ETV was.
Old 10-15-04, 06:06 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am not familiar with the video selections they offer, but if they are as good as the music issues, I'd imagine they're pretty good. I have a bunch of Import Club and a few Underground Club discs from 2000-2001 and they are superb. For what you get, they are incredibly cheap. And, yes, they are very strict about signing up, you will have to prove that you spin regularly and what size crowd you play to. I wouldn't recommend anyone try and fake it because they will find out and they will cancel your subscription without refund.
Jon
Old 10-18-04, 08:47 PM
Banned

Are the discs dual-layer or single?