DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   New Jimmy Eat World [merged] (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/376820-new-jimmy-eat-world-%5Bmerged%5D.html)

the action 07-26-04 08:31 PM

New Jimmy Eat World

Date listed on their site is 12 Oct.

I'm sure there are plenty people on the board who hate them. I understand the hatred, but I like their cds anyway. I'm very interested in hearing what direction this cd is going to take them.

Kaiser Soze 07-26-04 10:53 PM

Re: New Jimmy Eat World

Originally posted by the action
Date listed on their site is 12 Oct.

I'm sure there are plenty people on the board who hate them. I understand the hatred, but I like their cds anyway. I'm very interested in hearing what direction this cd is going to take them.

I actually think they're quite good. I have a few of their records, and I really liked that last album they did. Not sure if I'll buy the new one when it comes out, but I'll definitely give it a chance.

Tony Dvdfan 07-27-04 12:25 AM

I really liked their last one, havent heard the earlier one(s). I'd probably pick up the next one.

Deftones 07-27-04 01:43 AM

I am not a huge fan, but I do like it when AZ bands get national recognition. :up:

TripWire 07-27-04 07:24 AM

I liked Clarity a lot, but then Bleed American just became too radio friendly for me, I mean the song I hated the most on that album was "the middle" and they chose that as a single to be known for.

Kaiser Soze 07-27-04 10:57 AM

Originally posted by TripWire
I liked Clarity a lot, but then Bleed American just became too radio friendly for me, I mean the song I hated the most on that album was "the middle" and they chose that as a single to be known for.
Yeah, I feel the same way. There were so many other songs on that record that better...that was just the "radio friendly" one. I hate even typing that word.

custom001 07-27-04 11:26 AM

:banana:

Thanks for the heads up. One of my favourite bands currently.

DVD Josh 07-27-04 02:30 PM

Bleed American is an awesome album. Must have played it all the way through every day for weeks when I got it.

SomeVoices 07-27-04 03:15 PM

Good news! I was just wondering the other day when they might come out with a new album.

the action 08-06-04 06:08 PM

Just an update...there are some sound clips of the new album on their website. Also if you have Itunes check out the just released Firestarter EP. Firestarter is one of their best songs they've done IMO

Troy Stiffler 08-07-04 02:20 PM

Originally posted by Deftones, Esq
I am not a huge fan, but I do like it when AZ bands get national recognition. :up:
Ha. Yea. They're alright. But they're even better because they're local.

gmal2003 08-07-04 09:30 PM

I loved the single "Sweetness". Top 5 favorite song of all time. Unfortunately I never bought Bleed America but will soon along with the new release in Oct. if I enjoy BA

charlie bucket 09-15-04 03:55 PM

New JEW 10/19

JIMMY EAT WORLD - Futures in stores 10/19

Enjoyed "Bleed American", hope this one is as good.
Anyone looking to get the new album?

cowboy 09-15-04 04:23 PM

I heard it a few times. It's like clarity. I thought clarity was their best album so I'm happy.

BT 09-16-04 01:32 PM

I've been listening to it for a couple of weeks now and I am definitely going to pick this one up when it comes out. I really enjoy the title track to the album and I've noticed that "Pain" has been getting a lot of radio airplay recently too. Good stuff. :)