Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Is Weezer working on a new album?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-04, 04:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any news?
Old 07-25-04, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hope so...
Old 07-25-04, 07:57 PM
Banned

I hope so as well
Old 07-25-04, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
From their site:

7.07.04:
The next few weeks will be transitional, but there isnt yet a solid schedule in place. The goal is to shift from the current 'demo' situation into band rehearsals, where the guys will get their parts sorted out on the songs, and then move on to the recording session. Though things are behind where we originally thought theyd be at this point, the goal is still to get the recording done by summer's end, setting up an album release (+ eventually the touring everyones been asking about) by either late this year or early next year. It is true that Rivers has been considering a semester of school this fall before the albums release, but this has been dicussed by the band, and its understood that the school break wouldn't interfere with the album's release, as most albums have a 3-4 month period of planning, marketing, etc, before release anyway - about the amount of time the semester would require. So.... we shall see how it all plays out!
7.22.04:
...oh, and there is indeed band activity going on right now, in the form of rehearsals for upcoming recording. More to come when the info is ripe!
I'm looking forward to a new release. I was underwhelmed with Maladroit, but the Blue Album reissue and DVD were top notch.
Old 07-26-04, 02:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Except the edited-for-no-apparent-reason Hash Pipe video, of course...

I love me some Weezer. I've been patiently awaiting a new album for some time now. I remember when there were plans to have it out last year, now it looks like it probably won't see the light of day till next year. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think Maladroit was a really good album. It didn't match the Blue Album or Pinkerton (still my favorite), but was better than the Green Album, IMO. It just really brought out the rock. And I still stand by Dope Nose being one of the best Weezer songs period.

K
Old 07-26-04, 05:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, Rick Rubin is producing it. They had a follow-up completely ready but trashed it because it would have ended up being just another Maladroit. I hope Blast-off is on it.
Old 07-26-04, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally posted by Cornelius1047
Except the edited-for-no-apparent-reason Hash Pipe video, of course...
It's been a while since I watched the DVD - totally forgot about that.

Based on what I've read here and elsewhere, I know that I'm in the minority, but I really like the Green Album. I admit it's not very deep and the guitar solos are just rehashes of the verses/choruses, but every song is pretty damn catchy. I like a good pop song and this album was loaded with them. I don't like Weezer as much when they "rawk out."
Old 07-26-04, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by DJLinus
I don't like Weezer as much when they "rawk out."
Well, I don't like Weezer when they are lazy, and this exactly what those last two messes of "albums" were, oh disposable as well. I'm not waiting for another Blue or Pinkerton, but the material should have stayed in the vault, or burned. 'Island in the Sun' was the only noteworthy addition to the weezer songography.