Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Adam Sandler - Shhh Don't Tell

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-04, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just curious if anyone has heard this yet... not too bad... the usual gay/fart/d**k/school jokes.. pretty funny though.. he does a cool tribute to his father on it though
Old 07-19-04, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didn't realize it was out already, wow. I might pick it up, I usually enjoy his stuff.
Old 07-19-04, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

i think it officially comes out tomorrow
Old 07-19-04, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 482 Likes on 318 Posts
I'll be very happy to pick it up. I've enjoyed stuff on his other CD's, and I really like the fact that someone's releasing actual 'comedy albums', akin to Cheech and Chong and Monty Pythin stuff. I do love standup, but audio gives you the oppertunity to do things that wouldn't work as a TV skit.

The Talking Goat thing on his second album is one of the funniest/bizare things I've ever heard.
Old 07-19-04, 08:50 PM

I picked this up last week. I think it's hit and miss. Lots of funny things, and some groaners. It's a mixture of comedy skits and songs, like most of his other albums. I've only listened to it once, and that was a week ago (not a reflection on the cd - I've just had several other discs to listen to since then). The track that sticks in my head the most is the song "The Mule Sessions." It's a very inventive track in my opinion. It's produced like a stripped, down blues recording from the early 30s, and includes several fade ins and outs (therefore the "sessions" title).

Now that I'm remembering it, the songs on the album all have a distinct production style. There's a hip hop track, country, dance, blues, etc.

If you're a fan of his other albums, this is pretty much in line with those. Personnally, I still think his first two were the best - but of course I was in college then - maybe it was the times.
Old 07-20-04, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Anymore cool Goat songs or skits? That has always been my favorite on his albums!
Old 07-20-04, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

nope.. got a new character named Pibb.. kinda annoying

Originally posted by C-Mart
Anymore cool Goat songs or skits? That has always been my favorite on his albums!
Old 07-20-04, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

for good comedy look for David Cross or Stephen Lynch.. good funny (and adult) stuff

Originally posted by Crocker Jarmen
I'll be very happy to pick it up. I've enjoyed stuff on his other CD's, and I really like the fact that someone's releasing actual 'comedy albums', akin to Cheech and Chong and Monty Pythin stuff. I do love standup, but audio gives you the oppertunity to do things that wouldn't work as a TV skit.

The Talking Goat thing on his second album is one of the funniest/bizare things I've ever heard.
Old 07-21-04, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
I'm on the fence about this one. I absolutely loved his first disc. I about fell out of my chair when hearing "At a Medium Pace." But I was in high school at that time. His last couple of CDs were just okay.
Old 07-21-04, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think i'm in the minority here, but IMO, "What's Your Name" is his best album period.
Old 07-21-04, 05:10 PM
Banned

FUNK. This album is TOTAL crap. Nothing made me laugh. I'm sad I wasted my time downloading it and would have had major buyers remorse had I paid for it.

The Pibb character is ANNOYING.
Old 07-21-04, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with the David Cross CD recommendations, they're GREAT.