Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Danzig gets knocked out! [nelson]HA-HA![/nelson] (video link!)

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 07-12-04, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

From blabbermouth.net

DANZIG frontman Glenn Danzig allegedly got into a scuffle with NORTH SIDE KINGS singer and frequent SOULFLY collaborator Danny Marianinho following DANZIG's performance in Tuba City, Arizona Saturday night (July 3). The following is Marianinho's official statement regarding the incident, as sent to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

"Before crazy rumors begin to spread I would like to explain what happened:

"NORTH SIDE KINGS (web site) were to play with DANZIG last night in Tuba City, Arizona. To make a long story short the whole show was a disaster and a few bands got bumped off. Mr. Danzig (or his management??) refused to push back the original scheduled time slot so NORTH SIDE KINGS and RAPID FIRE would have to play 'after' his set. Whatever we agreed to play later because we drove 6 hours and didn't feel like going home without playing.

"Needless to say, as soon as DANZIG was finished, the venue turned on the lights and DANZIG's crew and the staging company began to take the stage apart almost instantly. I confronted Mr. Danzig backstage while he was signing autographs and told him I thought he was an ******* because of his 'rock star' attitude and no consideration towards the FEW other bands that got bumped off tonight. In a fit of rage he turned around and slammed me into the wall yelling '**** you, ************,' trying to be a big, tough guy in front of his fans. I, in self-defense, punched him in the face, knocking him out as he was attacking me again. He went down, bleeding from his mouth, eyes rolled back, and in shock that he got knocked to the floor so quickly.

"A friend happened to tape the entire incident and this is all documented. Many witnesses saw him attack me, and I did what any man would do.

"It was unfortunate that this went the way it did and I hoped Glenn Danzig learned a valuable lesson tonight: Do not lay your hands on anyone unless you can handle what may happen.

"I apologize for nothing, except for the poor little kids that had to witness this big ******* get his ass kicked in a matter of seconds..."

Edited to add: If you ask me, he had it coming, read the article listed below the link for the video too.

The video can be downloaded from the link on this website.

http://www.metalforums.com/forums/sh...ghlight=danzig

Last edited by woofman; 07-12-04 at 07:38 PM.
Old 07-12-04, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Wow, those Native Americans really do love their metal. Danzig in Tuba City.

I'm only laughing, because if any one has been there, they'd know why I am laughing.

Awesome video, though.

Last edited by Deftones, Esq; 07-12-04 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-12-04, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That was classic I was waiting for Chris Tucker to come out and tell Glen that he got "Knocked The F&%k Out!"
Old 07-12-04, 08:48 PM

Yeah, I saw that clip about a week ago. Good Stuff!

I also heard a rumor that years back, someone in Def Leppard also kicked Danzig's ass. Anybody know anything about that?
Old 07-12-04, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

wow he dropped Glenn like a sack of potatoes.
Old 07-12-04, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I downloaded it & got a "file not found" message.
Old 07-12-04, 09:54 PM

That video ruled. What did Danzig expect that dude to do right after he shoved him so hard?

Note to Danzig. Learn how to duck.
Old 07-12-04, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Quite an entertaining video.
Old 07-12-04, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I downloaded the thing again and saved to my computer. But I still can't get it to play. What's a zip file & how do I play it?
Old 07-12-04, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Amel
I downloaded the thing again and saved to my computer. But I still can't get it to play. What's a zip file & how do I play it?
Go to www.download.com and get WinZip. It'll unzip (uncompress) the file so you can watch it.
Old 07-12-04, 11:55 PM

Funny video, but he didn't get knocked out. He got knocked on the floor, yes, but he got right back up.

He has to realize he ain't a kid anymore
Old 07-13-04, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

He didn't get knocked out, but I don't know if he got "right back up" either. The camera lost track of him for a couple of seconds and he was still on the ground and being helped up. If the crowd wasn't around that big guy could have laid into him quite a bit.

The funniest thing is the guys on the forum (and in the video) calling it a cheap shot. What did they expect the guy to do after being assaulted like that, smack Glenn with a velvet glove and demand satisfaction?

Last edited by wmansir; 07-13-04 at 12:20 AM.
Old 07-13-04, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Deftones, Esq
Go to www.download.com and get WinZip. It'll unzip (uncompress) the file so you can watch it.
Thanks!

Damn!
As a longtime Misfits/Samhain/Danzig fan, that was disappointing to watch. Not because Glenn went down so quickly, but more because of the way it happened. Why the hell did Glenn flip out like that? It seemed like a somwhat normal/civil conversation. That other dude was huge, but slow as hell. How in the hell did Glenn not see that punch coming? I know he's a little a long in the tooth now (mid 50's ?), but damn, he just stood there and put his arm up.

I think it's pretty crappy of this band to use this to generate publicity for themselves.

Someone on the metal site said that Glenn & Slash got into it before and that Slash admitted to it. Anyone got info on this?
Old 07-13-04, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It was pretty bad behavior on Glenn's part, but he was probably tired and still pumped up from the show. From the sounds of it he had just left the stage.
Old 07-13-04, 05:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I saw this video last week and I was shocked. I thought Danzig was a crazed muscle bound beast?

He got his ass handed to him AND it's all over the Net.
Old 07-13-04, 07:22 AM

Originally posted by TheMadMonk
Yeah, I saw that clip about a week ago. Good Stuff!

I also heard a rumor that years back, someone in Def Leppard also kicked Danzig's ass. Anybody know anything about that?

I remember reading about that in some magazine years ago. This was all I could find on it.

"WHAT WAS THE DEF LEPPARD VS. DANZIG INCIDENT ALL ABOUT?

A incident between rocker Glenn Danzig and the members of Def Leppard made news during the band's Adrenalize tour in 1993. Here's the official story from Joe and Phil as told in an interview with MuchMusic.

Danzig, who was in a hurry because he was carrying a bowl of hot soup, told Julie Campbell, (Vivian's wife) to "Get the ***** out of the way!"

According to Phil, someone, (not revealed who) kicked Danzig in the ass for the remark and Danzig, along with his hot soup bowl, went crashing to the ground. Some ensuing shouting followed, but the whole incident was over in 30-45 seconds. Some people said there was blood involved, but it was just the color of the spilled soup, that happened to be red.

Joe says that a story appearing in a British rock magazine detailing the entire Danzig affair, did not happen."
Old 07-13-04, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Weren't we talking about in here?

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=353242
Old 07-14-04, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

North Side Kings rule. love that band.
Old 07-14-04, 11:23 PM

Originally posted by woofman
I remember reading about that in some magazine years ago. This was all I could find on it.

"WHAT WAS THE DEF LEPPARD VS. DANZIG INCIDENT ALL ABOUT?

A incident between rocker Glenn Danzig and the members of Def Leppard made news during the band's Adrenalize tour in 1993. Here's the official story from Joe and Phil as told in an interview with MuchMusic.

Danzig, who was in a hurry because he was carrying a bowl of hot soup, told Julie Campbell, (Vivian's wife) to "Get the ***** out of the way!"

According to Phil, someone, (not revealed who) kicked Danzig in the ass for the remark and Danzig, along with his hot soup bowl, went crashing to the ground. Some ensuing shouting followed, but the whole incident was over in 30-45 seconds. Some people said there was blood involved, but it was just the color of the spilled soup, that happened to be red.

Joe says that a story appearing in a British rock magazine detailing the entire Danzig affair, did not happen."
It would be funnier if it would have been by the guy with 1 arm.
Old 07-15-04, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anybody have a new link?
Old 07-15-04, 11:30 AM

try here...
http://home.comcast.net/~starchildxx/danzig.mpg
Old 07-15-04, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow that was pretty funny. Some people have called it a cheap shot but I don't see how. What did he expect the guy to do?
Old 07-15-04, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks TripWire.
Old 07-15-04, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It kinda looks like (I am watching on my crappy/choppy work PC) that Glenn started to bring his arm up and duck about the time Danny starts to swing, and once he is down you can not see what kind of shape he is really in, knocked out, hazy etc.
Old 07-15-04, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Funny video. Music is shit. I thought I heard the girl in the white tank top say "F*** you, you cu*t. That's a lady.