DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   The one and only Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy ever-changing release date thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/373364-one-only-guns-n-roses-chinese-democracy-ever-changing-release-date-thread.html)

Flashback 05-12-04 04:39 PM

Matt Sorum, one of the biggest whores talking crap :lol: This guy would take a job with Tito Jackson if it paid. Although I do agree that it is not brain surgery.

Rivero 05-12-04 04:46 PM

Originally posted by Lara Means
Actually, this proves that Matt Sorum is an idiot. Yes, its so easy to make a rock album. Which is why there is so much shit out there in stores and the majority of them sound alike. This doesn't give me much hope about the VR album coming out. If they slapped it together like that then the VR album will be forgotten in about a month. Also, that single on the Hulk soundtrack sucked.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

OwNed!

nodeerforamonth 05-18-04 10:57 PM

Actually, this proves that Matt Sorum is an idiot.
Well he IS a drummer!

But he did have some very valid points.

The amount of time it's taking to put this out is ridiculous. I gave up 5 years ago.

Supermallet 05-19-04 12:41 AM

Actually, this proves that Matt Sorum is an idiot. Yes, its so easy to make a rock album. Which is why there is so much shit out there in stores and the majority of them sound alike. This doesn't give me much hope about the VR album coming out. If they slapped it together like that then the VR album will be forgotten in about a month. Also, that single on the Hulk soundtrack sucked.
Yeah, but that doesn't mean he's wrong about Chinese Democracy.

custom001 05-19-04 02:24 AM

:lol:

definitely
http://tim.movementarian.com/archives/own3d.gif

Still a shame that The Offspring weren't able to call their latest album "Chinese Democracy".

sataniko 05-19-04 02:50 PM

Well said....

POWERBOMB 05-19-04 07:29 PM

They spent a year or two making Use Your Illusion I & II. Metallica spent the better part of a year and a half on the Black Album, which I think almost every major artist can possibly say. So if Axl want to spend a decade or two to put out what may be his final masterpiece, who are we and Sorum to say he can't?

Scorpio 05-19-04 08:42 PM

Awesome. Matt :up:

Rypro 525 07-06-04 11:26 AM

chinese democracy november 2004 according to behind the music?

if i heard right, on the behind the music special of guns n roses, they mentioned that chinese democracy by axl rose is tentavly scheduled for a november 2004 release.

gnradd21 07-06-04 11:56 AM

I'll believe it when I'm actually holding a copy in my hands. He's been tweaking it for a few years now. It'll never be as perfect as he apparently wants it. Some people will hate it no matter what, so just release the damn thing, Axl!! I'm speaking directly to him because I know he comes to these boards :lol:

Hollowgen 07-06-04 11:57 AM

hahaha does anyone actually care anymore?

at least the 2nd half of GNR are being productive, and making (mediocre) music.

gnradd21 07-06-04 12:01 PM

Axl doesn't want to release mediocre music, and for that reason I still have respect for him. He could have released shitty albums of generic hard rock, basically what Slash wanted to do (listen to his solo stuff), just rehash the last album over and over, but instead he wanted to go in a different direction. It may not sound like Appetite-era GnR, but even the original lineup could probably never recapture that, so I'm still interested in the new music he's making. I'm 22 and still have hope it will come out before I croak :D

nodeerforamonth 07-06-04 12:26 PM

You're being very silly & gullible if you actually believe this.

How many times have they announced a release date for this over the past 10 years?

Josh-da-man 07-06-04 12:26 PM

Chinese Democracy and The Last Dangerous Visions will both be released on the same day.

Amel 07-06-04 01:16 PM

I was a huge Guns fan, but I'll admit the only thing that's got me interested in this is the fact this fool has been working on it for 10 years. Other than that, I don't really care, unless the original members get together again. Seperately they have been unable to create the chemistry that resulted in one of the greatest records ever made.

DVDHO 07-06-04 06:01 PM

Ya right,10 years and counting and im still waiting to poo on it.

MJKTool 07-06-04 06:47 PM

Tapeworm will be released before this POS is. I.E. NEVER!

Applejack 07-06-04 06:56 PM

If this does come out, do you guys think it will show up high on the charts?

I bet it would debut at #1 or 2 depending on what else`was new.

Because Appetite for Destruction was so good, I think anticipation would grow heavily in the month or so leading up to it, regardless of the fact that the Spaghetti Incident was crap.

Nesbit 07-06-04 11:44 PM

Yeah it would be #1. Spaghetti Incident was a covers album. It would have a huge first week or two. Then who knows.

Lara Means 07-07-04 12:08 AM

Since Buckethead is out of GnR now, does this mean Axl has to re-record the entire album with someone else's guitar riffs?

Josh-da-man 07-07-04 04:36 AM

Since Buckethead is out of GnR now, does this mean Axl has to re-record the entire album with someone else's guitar riffs?
If Buckethead's guitar tracks aren't used, it will most likely be Axl himself playing guitar on the album. Apparently, he's been taking lessons so he can play guitar.

It might have something to do with the way he tends to drive guitarists (and pretty much everyone else who plays with him) away.

Frank TJ Mackey 07-07-04 09:19 AM

label this news under "who cares anymore"

Guns N Roses are dead, he should rename the band

I think The Axl Rose Band would suffice.

I loved them in their heyday, but he needs to put out some songs, that songwriting talent should be there.

If there ever was a reason to download something before purchasing it, the new GnR record would be it.

Geofferson 07-07-04 10:36 AM

I too won't believe it until I am actually holding a copy in my hands.

dvduser6 07-07-04 11:41 AM

I'll stick with Velvet Revolver, thank you. FWIW, I think VR have a great, solid rock album. For me, GNR isn't even a band anymore, it's simply become a revolving door for musicians that think they can stomach being in the same room with Axl for more that 10 minutes. Axl may have rights to the GNR name, but to me it doesn't mean very much.

Rivero 07-07-04 02:52 PM

I think this will be the musical equivalent of Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace. It will make money, no doubt. The hype will be tremendous when it is actually released. But it is guaranteed to disappoint.