Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Scorpions - Unbreakable...anybody else like it???

Old 07-04-04, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Scorpions - Unbreakable...anybody else like it???

Just listened to the sound samples at circuitcity.com, wow what an amazing "rock" album, just from listenening to the clips i'm definately going to pick this up, i didn't care for there last effort with the hip hop stuff, this one is more for the true scorpions fan like myself, really enjoyed the clips for songs 4,7,10,11 and 13...
Old 07-04-04, 11:57 PM

I got the cd a few days ago. Great disc!!! Best thing they've done since the late 80's. Definitly worth getting.
Old 07-25-04, 03:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The last few albums Scorpions did have been average at best.

Unbreakable is not only the best album they have done in over 10 years, but hands down the best rock album of 2004 (so far) They have really gone back to thier metal roots and every song is amazing. even the ballads are just as good, if not better, than Holiday and the other classic Scorpions ballads.

I can't say enouhg about how great this CD is.
Old 07-27-04, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well personally, I thought the album was good not great. It's by far the best thing they've done since Face The Heat, but personally, I like that album better. Unbreakable does have a nice old school feel on some of the songs, but I felt it wasn't quite perfect. The ballads didn't do much for me and other than the pretty much perfect "New Generation" there doesn't seem to be any songs which have that classic Scorpions vibe to them. There is definitely no "Hurricane" "Zoo" or "Still Loving You On Here".

It's good, (and compared to Eye II Eye it's friggin' great!) but ultimately doesn't compare to their best work. I think the dearth of quality music from the band is engendering more favorable reviews than the album really warrents. But maybe it's just me. There's a link to my review in my sig if you want the real nitty gritty.
Old 10-29-04, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hope they play some new tunes. Just bought 6th row seats for tonights show in Chicago. Plus I always liked Tesla who is part of the opening act.
Old 10-31-04, 02:38 AM

Originally posted by Flashback
I hope they play some new tunes. Just bought 6th row seats for tonights show in Chicago. Plus I always liked Tesla who is part of the opening act.
Let us know what the show is like. Tesla's new cd is a great listen as well. Also I believe Tommy is back on tour after being absent from it thus far.
Old 10-31-04, 03:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I haven't heard it yet but I do know that The Scorpions rock better than most bands out today who're half their age.
Old 10-31-04, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Tesla's cd is very good.
Old 10-31-04, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Giantrobo
I haven't heard it yet but I do know that The Scorpions rock better than most bands out today who're half their age.
Giantrobo, get it you won't be disappointed.
Old 11-01-04, 12:26 AM
Cool New Member

I'm seeing the Scorpions and Tesla in concert on Nov. 9...I can' wait

The 1st song I ever heard was Wind of Change, and let me tell you, it's probably my most favorite/personal song ever...

Also, I bought Unbreakable about a week ago...top notch album.
Old 11-01-04, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Scorpions were what you would expect, I have seen them quite a few times. They played a few new songs but they were not what I would call great ...just decent comes to mind but I am not familiar with their new stsuff. I have seen the drummer before and he is still as crazy. There was a new base player who actually did a great job. The main 3 were great as usual and as animated. Of course, if you like the Scorpions you should be pretty happy with the show.

Tesla, who I have seen a few times, starting from way back when (Def Leppard tour was the 1st) were just great. The new song that I heard was pretty damn good. I keep meaning to just pick the new CD up but never do. I have heard positive reviews on it. It was all of the 5 guys.Tommy is back in the band but (we were 6th row on his side) he, in my opinion, is not going to be back for too much longer. He just looks totally gone. I know he has some serious problems and maybe it's just the after effects but his facial expressions were the ones that make you think 'uh-oh'. Jeff is still the same. I would love to see these guys in a small theater or House of Blues show.

Far from a full house but I had a lot of fun.

Last edited by Flashback; 11-01-04 at 10:12 AM.